First review ! Score 92/100

+
Moutch2 said:
On the two biggest French websites, DA2 was rated 12/20 and 5/10 so I think The Witcher 2 will be a lot more significant for everybody waiting for a rpg here. If TW2 is highly rated ( that is almost certain ), it will become the unquestioned must-have because reviews are really important.
I am glad to hear it. My faith in reviews fell dramatically after the whole Dragon age 2 thing. People are offcourse entitled to their own opinions, but the discrapency between the reviews and user reviews were ridiculous. If the French websites you mentioned gives the Witcher good reviews, it will actually mean something to their readers, as it should do.I am for one feed up with good reviws being handed out left, right and center. It should be given to the games that truly deserve it. But sadly the world doesnt work like that:(

I'd sooner trust a meta-study of reviews than a it's-either-a-1-or-a-10 users.... and like others have said, this isn't a review. I don't care what they rated DA2, they clearly can't be taken very seriously regardless.

i just think that DA2 and the witcher 2 are so different in so many ways that i can't see why ppl judge how DA2 was reviewed. i havent played DA2 (i did play the demo) but correct me if im wrong - DA2 is a relatively linear old school RPG with a point and click combat and a party command system where u create your own hero and it's style. the witcher 2 is a open ended segment based NEW school RPG with action oriented combat (not point and click) and without a party and group strategy elements where u play as a witcher and nothing more. these games seem extremely different with the only common ground is the fantasy theme. there are a lot of other games out there that were overrated by reviewers that could be taken as an example of whether this website is legit or not. and i think ppl expect a "DA2 but better" experience from the witcher 2 are going to be a lot more surprised than ppl expecting a "Fable 3 but serious" experience or a "Assassins creed but RPG" experience.

Some info about the CD-Action review: it's 8 pages long and offers two different views on the game.You can count on a translation from me. As I mentioned before, the issue comes out May 10.

Kodaemon said:
Some info about the CD-Action review: it's 8 pages long and offers two different views on the game.You can count on a translation from me. As I mentioned before, the issue comes out May 10.
Thank you, Kodaemon. I look forward to it. Guys, please, don't talk about Dragon Age here. I don't care about it, i haven't played it and probably won't, and i opened a topic which is supposedly about reviews of The Witcher 2. Can i have this, without reading in post by post "DAO2"?Thank you.

Cassandra said:
Cassandra said:
Thank you, Kodaemon. I look forward to it. Guys, please, don't talk about Dragon Age here. I don't care about it, i haven't played it and probably won't, and i opened a topic which is supposedly about reviews of The Witcher 2. Can i have this, without reading in post by post "DAO2"?Thank you.
I don't think the intent was to specifically talk about DAII, but just use it as nothing more than an example of a game that was rated very high, but has gotten lots of negative feedback from players.As for game reviews, well, as with anything that involves taste and/or personal preference, they are highly subjective. I don't make decisions about games, movies, restaurants, etc based on subjective reviews of someone who I am sure has different tastes from my taste. If I read something like "it is really buggy, lots of broken quests", ok, that may raise a flag.. but "the gameplay is fluent/awesome/horrible/etc", I'd rather be the judge of that. Fortunately, most games have gameplay trailers,a nd you can actually see game play.

Top Bottom