First reviews!

+
First reviews!

European games magazines and websites begin to publish first reviews of The Witcher, and so far reviewers reactions are nothing short of delightful. Two largest and very strict in their opinions
French magazines – PC JEUX and Joystick gave The Witcher 90% and 9/10 as well as awards. Norwegian game website X6 rated The Witcher even higher - for maximum 6/6. It is basically the beginning, and
we believe it will be even better!

Joystick review 9/10 + Megastar award “Forget everything you know about RPG’s. Intense and deep…The Witcher is the new reference for RPG’s”
PC Jeux review 90% ‘Hit PC Jeux’ award
X6 (x6.no) 6/6 “The Witcher sets a new standard and is a fresh wind in a genre that has been still for many years when it comes to development.”

One spanish review more: 8,8/10http://www.3djuegos.com/index.php?zona=juegos-analisis&id_juego=856&juego=the-witcher

congratulation 8)btw is the Norwegian review from X6 that one: En frisk vind? It took me quite an effort to find it though I don't understand one word Norwegian. I took that link for that news.

Congrats to all at CDProjekt!!! You have officially ended the drought of good CRPG games, I can't wait to pick up my copy! I wish I still lived in Europe so I could buy it early.I'm going to FullSail University in florida(thats why i moved) for computer animation, so maybe I can help work on the witcher 2 :) pleeeease!

PetraSilie said:
congratulation 8)btw is the Norwegian review from X6 that one: En frisk vind? It took me quite an effort to find it though I don't understand one word Norwegian. I took that link for that news.
yes, you are correct in this. I am the one who wrote the review :)Here is a translation of my conclusion in case you are interested:The witcher is the most open and none-linear rpg game i've ever played, when it comes to the story. The fact that the gamers desicions troughout the game has a huge impact on the story and gameplay, makes it very exciting. There are no games that are 100% none-linear and there are always limits within the frames set for a game. But its getting close with this title. The witcher sets a new standard and is a breath of fresh air in a genre that has been standing still for some years. The witcher is a game every RPG lover should play, not only because of the visual experience, but also to experience the dark story where moral choices can be hard to make. The long playtime is definatly not a minus. I recommend this title strongly with a clear conciense.

We have another The Witcher review, this time we were rated by Gamestar for 73%.http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/test/rollenspiel/the_witcher/1474888/the_witcher.html (review)More interesting from the review are comments of german users, who criticize final Gamestar note, rating the game much higher.http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=185&pk=1474888&op=ar&opv=lst (comments)We are happy about such positive reactions of german gamers, ultimately vox populi vox dei :).EDIT: Another review from Germany, this time much better ;) - Online Welten - 84%http://www.onlinewelten.com/reviews,id2193,0,witcher_polnisches_wunderkind.html

yes there was a "great revolt" about the Gamestar reviews. It's said, they are not objective and live out there dislike towards The Witcher.@Nephilimthx for confirmation. You are the author of the article? Nice to see you here ;)

The Swedish game magazine "Game reactor" just reviewed The Witcher giving it a total score of 8/10(10 being the highest).Saying that the voiceacting was very good. the graphics outstanding, a very deep and well made gameworld, interesting story and that the game inclueds both action and deepth =)

can i just say thanks very much to CD Projekt RED for making this game. Its marvelous!Excellent combat system! future rpgs take note. (its the best combat ive seen in a SinglePerson RPG)Excellent graphics - notably the animation, the lighting (how the world changes according to what time of day it is)The story and AI of the NPCS The haunting and original soundtrack fits well with the vision and style/feel of the game.More importantly the gameplay is excellent. All great games have something which makes it soo much fun to play. The Witcher has got it!I dont have any bad things to say about this game. Except perhaps when in F2 isometric mode it would be great if we could move the camera without move the cursor to the edge of the screen. (for some reason holding down middle mouse button and moving mouse doesnt move the camera)Overrall excellent, excellent game. i'd give it about 91% ;D

One thing that can't be said through reviews is the great support. Only 5 minutes after contacting one of the staff seniors via PM about the Wall Bug in Act 5 he sent me a bunch of possible solutions. After those didn't work he asked for a savegame and a description of the issue. 10 hours later 1.1a was out. I've worked as a beta tester for several MMORPGs and they took days to even reply to bugs and they were actually looking for them. That kind of dedication to fix problems after the game is released is mindblowing. Big bonus for that, aside from the superb game ;)

Occy said:
I've worked as a beta tester for several MMORPGs and they took days to even reply to bugs and they were actually looking for them. That kind of dedication to fix problems after the game is released is mindblowing. Big bonus for that, aside from the superb game ;)
We are happy, that gamers appreciate it. We are doing our best to make the game even better and community feedback is always welcome :).

Top Bottom