Fist fighting 2 vs 1 in death march => balance is just wrong

+
Fist fighting 2 vs 1 in death march => balance is just wrong

Cabaret quest in Novigrad, 2 bandits to fight with fist: even going up to stair this is just a pain gaming, dying in 3 hits, cant use potions, cant use sign...

I just hate it.

edit:

i woulnd say it's super crap blabla, just in 1 vs 2 or 3 it become impossible-like. Else in 1 vs 1 it's pretty ok for a basic "fist fight" just have to be very timed/synch: main point is to ask dev for the possibility to use at least signs and/or pots.

Last edited:

Tuco

Forum veteran
I managed, but yeah, the damage you take on Death March every single time to take the smallest hit during a fist fight it's a bit ridiculous.

just did it after xx tries, it was horrible, hopefully it's possible by divinding the fight in 1v1 using stairs and doing very timed attacks.
because 1vs 2 at same time is something mueh...

It is horrible. It is my least-favourite thing about Death March and Witcher 3.

"I can fight Wyverns! OH NOES THAT MAN HAS HIS FISTS OUT! I AM TEH DOOOOMED."

Argh.

Argh.

Keep your guards up at all times, or at least most of the time. Your stamina will regenerate quite quickly and it doesn't drain too fast either. Avoid attacking when they're beside each other: try to side step away a few times, get a good angle and use the counter attack mechanic and land 1 strong attack and 1-2 fast ones. NEVER counter one guy while the other one is near enough to land a hit, you won't be able to counter both unless they attacked at the same time. The fist fighting is only tedious because you can't roll enough to better position yourself imo.

Finally, you can never hit the guy more than 2-3 times depending on how you opened up his guard. Going at it a bit more than you're supposed to will lead to a counter attack by the guy and you'll eat a few hits unless you spam the side step button to get away.

I hope this helps :s

On a side note, will we ever get to fist fight a woman in this game? ;D

The balance of human enemies in TW3 is completely fucked.

Both TW1 and 2 did it perfectly, TW3 probably too rushed for them to even bother. Hoping for a fix soon!

I feel like they buffed humans in fist fighting so it would be an actual challenge instead of Witcher 2 and Witcher 1 fist fighting. I like the system much more than the other games and haven't had any problems with it.

At least is not QTE. If you got complaints just lower your difficulty and learn from your mistake. Love the fist fighting in this game due i am capable of beating the crap of a red skull high lvl mob. Totally wish this quest are repeatable due i hate to grind, loot and sell some crappy w/ the merchant.

All combat is garbage in Witcher 3. Anybody who says different has not played Souls or Bloodborne.

Seriously!:comeatmebro: Witcher 3 is not trying to compete w/ Dark Souls. Witcher series is a freaking RPG game involving stories and quest. Like hell have you played the prequel of Wticher? The combat in that prequel is quiet simple. I think before they are trying compete with bioware.

I am not trying to be a fanboy here but your obviously a Dark souls fanboy that is getting quite annoying. Like hell Dark souls franchise have the most crappy pc port i ever played. UI in Dark souls for PC is using an Xbox controller and keyboard and mouse is not responsive in PC.

If your trying to be a critic here give us a reason why is Witcher 3 combat is garbage. I get it animation of the combat is not fluid. But if i see a freaking thread again that some signs in the game are op. Dude have you even played a RPG game before if you freaking invest with any skills or equipments, of course it will be going to be op. Its a freaking game design mechanic

Cabaret quest in Novigrad, 2 bandits to fight with fist: even going up to stair this is just a pain gaming, dying in 3 hits, cant use potions, cant use sign...

I just hate it.

Hate to say it, but they hit just about as hard--if not exactly so--in the next difficulty down. There's very little room for error in that fight. I did my first playthrough on B&BB, and Georgius Georg over at the Sturgeon can knock you out in two punches if you're not careful.

In addition to the other advice offered, I'd say it's important to divide and conquer... Try to focus on knocking out one of them as quickly as possible. And whenever you get the chance to do so, try to move and evade in a manner where it places one in the way of the other. Whenever you get in a position where one's line of attack is blocked by the other, it takes the heat off of you for a minute and lets you really concentrate on pounding the guy in the front. That's when you can really unload with strong hits and proper counters and rack up damage quickly.

All combat is garbage in Witcher 3. Anybody who says different has not played Souls or Bloodborne.

I played Demon's Souls before it got all hip and endgy. Combat is just bad, relying on the same mechanics from the moment you start the game to the moment you finish. You think this is good combat? LOL..

I played Demon's Souls before it got all hip and endgy. Combat is just bad, relying on the same mechanics from the moment you start the game to the moment you finish. You think this is good combat? LOL..

Geralt is supposed to be best swordsmen in the world... so he hardly can learn new tricks thorough the game... plus, there are plenty of new things you will get from upgrading the skills. Combat might be simple, but its effective and once you master it, you wont have a problem with anything in this game. But it takes some time to learn. Overall, i like the combat much more in W3, than in W2 and W1 combined.

Geralt is supposed to be best swordsmen in the world... so he hardly can learn new tricks thorough the game... plus, there are plenty of new things you will get from upgrading the skills.

My post was disagreeing with him. I do not think combat in Souls series in anything special, I much more prefer the one in Witcher 3.

i woulnd say it's super crap blabla, just in 1 vs 2 or 3 it become impossible-like. Else in 1 vs 1 it's pretty ok for a basic "fist fight" just have to be very timed/synch: main point is to ask dev for the possibility to use at least signs and/or pots.

I'm really, really, really not trying to sound egotistical here, but to be honest, I found that fist fight to be ridiculously easy (death march). To be honest, I find all human enemies to be easy fights, whether they have weapons, or not.

I mean, you can just hold down the block button while fist fighting and they can't hurt you.

The only time a human opponent can even break your parry, is if they have a 2-handed weapon. But two-handed human enemies can be permanently stun locked by just strong attacking over and over.

But regardless, I really don't understand complaining about difficulty if your playing on death march. If you don't want it to be difficult, don't play on the highest difficulty.

i dont know why in that case u cant use signs.. i mean.. JUST BURN THEM they have to understand who they are messing with. (infact in some cases when u unsheathe ur sword they stop fighting you and they surrender, thats nice)

---------- Updated at 12:58 PM ----------

Geralt is supposed to be best swordsmen in the world... so he hardly can learn new tricks thorough the game... plus, there are plenty of new things you will get from upgrading the skills. Combat might be simple, but its effective and once you master it, you wont have a problem with anything in this game. But it takes some time to learn. Overall, i like the combat much more in W3, than in W2 and W1 combined.

geralt isnt supposed to be the best swordsman in the witcher universe, but since he learnt how to fight since he was a kid its less than a problem for him, he was taught to survive in any way possible by good ol uncle vesemir

I just hate it.

edit:

Hehe you havn't got to the bit when its 3vs1 :D

You'll get used to it.

Top Bottom