Fist Fights

+
I just want to take a moment to vent immense frustration and air a grievance. Mind you, this entirely me complaining about the one system in the game that I simply don't enjoy. Hopefully this validates anyone else really annoyed with fist fights.
I love Cyberpunk. Great game. Lots of content. A few things I could nit pick here and there, no more bugs than I'd expect from a game of this size. Hell, I was around for every Day One STALKER release. Anyone else remember those? This is a walk in the park, lol.

But seriously. F*** fist fights. Yes, my V is pretty petite in the body department, I'll give you that. But at level 50, every single on of them one-shot my 600+ health. And I can't interrupt their animations, but they can interrupt mine. And the collision is AWFUL. They can kick the air 10 feet front of my face, while facing the opposite direction, and still hit me. Me? I have to partially clip into them for my punches to register. Not to mention that I can just ghost my way through them or them through me. And they can punch me while clipping through me.
I pretty much just cheese them, now. I spam dodge with my Kerenzov enhancement and spam punches to the point my wrists hurt. Wheeee.... so much fun. Each punch takes... wait... 1% of their health? Seriously? With gorilla arms?!

I know, I could make a build just for the fist fights, but I'm having fun playing a gun-slinging, smoothe-talking nerd. I don't wanna make a build JUST for the one part of the game I really dislike. Biggest question for me is "How did this flop so hard while beating someone over the head with a stun baton in normal melee be so satisfying?" I kinda miss how Witcher 1 did fist fights. They were janky, but worked well.

Alright, I'm done complaining. Back to punching air for 20 minutes and then losing because a ghost kicked the air.

Rhyzur

Forum regular
Use a bat or a sword. Drop it on the ground before the fight starts. Have all 3 slots in use. Start the fight. As soon as you see your hands, don't pick up the sword/bat normally. Press the Equip button. Your next swing will pull it out. Go to town.

Use a bat or a sword. Drop it on the ground before the fight starts. Have all 3 slots in use. Start the fight. As soon as you see your hands, don't pick up the sword/bat normally. Press the Equip button. Your next swing will pull it out. Go to town.

........huh.... Thanks man

Rhyzur

Forum regular
I have max body and even put points into it with one of my characters, and it is still impossible without doing that.

Rhyzur

Forum regular
I don't know. I know that it's R instead of F for keyboard. Just press look at an item if it isn't displaying it and press every button except the usual one that you do to pick it up.

Damn.

Seriously, I've maxed out the batteries on my Gorilla Arms, gotten the +20% damage perk, and tried to block but I can do absolutely nothing in the final fight against Razor.

Its the time limit that kills me.

I won all the fist fights fairly easy with 6 in Body and no cheating. Also turned off the stupid auto aim. You just have to be good at dodging and timing your defense and strikes.

Actually wish there would be more fist fights in the game. Like in Witcher 3 where you had several of them in each location.

I just want to take a moment to vent immense frustration and air a grievance. Mind you, this entirely me complaining about the one system in the game that I simply don't enjoy. Hopefully this validates anyone else really annoyed with fist fights.
I love Cyberpunk. Great game. Lots of content. A few things I could nit pick here and there, no more bugs than I'd expect from a game of this size. Hell, I was around for every Day One STALKER release. Anyone else remember those? This is a walk in the park, lol.

But seriously. F*** fist fights. Yes, my V is pretty petite in the body department, I'll give you that. But at level 50, every single on of them one-shot my 600+ health. And I can't interrupt their animations, but they can interrupt mine. And the collision is AWFUL. They can kick the air 10 feet front of my face, while facing the opposite direction, and still hit me. Me? I have to partially clip into them for my punches to register. Not to mention that I can just ghost my way through them or them through me. And they can punch me while clipping through me.
I pretty much just cheese them, now. I spam dodge with my Kerenzov enhancement and spam punches to the point my wrists hurt. Wheeee.... so much fun. Each punch takes... wait... 1% of their health? Seriously? With gorilla arms?!

I know, I could make a build just for the fist fights, but I'm having fun playing a gun-slinging, smoothe-talking nerd. I don't wanna make a build JUST for the one part of the game I really dislike. Biggest question for me is "How did this flop so hard while beating someone over the head with a stun baton in normal melee be so satisfying?" I kinda miss how Witcher 1 did fist fights. They were janky, but worked well.

Alright, I'm done complaining. Back to punching air for 20 minutes and then losing because a ghost kicked the air.

Yeah i agree, and next please make netrunning easier, even for int 3 chars without cyberdeck and any quickhack skills.. only for those times i am tired of my level 18 streetfighter V *roleseyes*

You seriously ask to make a fighting skill easier for those complete unskilled in it. Please somebody pinch me, this must be a really stupid dream

Yes.. I feel your pain. I beat Rhino again today but had to drop the katana in the ring first and then pick it up after the match starts.

I tried using gorilla arms but if she gets one unblocked hit on me its basically over.

Even still with the sword I takes awhile but as long as I can flank her she can't get any licks on me.

Somebody mentioned that if you fight her after killing everybody else in the gym she's even harder to beat.

This doesn't seem to be the case although today I hit a bug. I beat her first and then proceeded to do the hit on the club owner and Rhino joined the fight. Despite throwing every weapon I had at her including grenades which would knock her down I could only get her health down to 1% and i could not kill her. Also I tried running her over with a truck and it just goes through her. I gave up at some point because the combat mode would not end because she was still alive.. So I went back to a save that was after beating her in the pit and went and did some other missions. When I came back she was gone and I was able to do the hit.

As to why is this series of missions so unbalanced.. I guess it's a particular type of button mashing challenge.. you don't have to do it and it has no bearing on the game either way. I wish I had known this when I mistakenly tried to fight Buck early during my first game. I nearly lost my mind.. lol

Last edited:
I found the easy way to deal with Beat on Brat fights was just to push spam them. If you hold block then hit fast attack V will do a push. With the gorilla arms in electric mode for more stuns, push the npc into a wall then keep pushing them nonstop. They will get stun locked until the fight is over. Razor can be a bit harder lock up because he moves really fast; I would take the cybermod that slows down time when you hold block then dodge it makes it easier to avoid his punches if he breaks out of the stun lock.

Yeah i agree, and next please make netrunning easier, even for int 3 chars without cyberdeck and any quickhack skills.. only for those times i am tired of my level 18 streetfighter V *roleseyes*

You seriously ask to make a fighting skill easier for those complete unskilled in it. Please somebody pinch me, this must be a really stupid dream
Nah, I'm complaining that the system is unenjoyable because it's broke af. It'd be far more enjoyable to engage with, even with characters with a low body score, if the hit detection and body collisions were actually functional. But thank you for your smug, condescending reply. I'll be sure to file that with "git gud" lol
Post automatically merged:

I found the easy way to deal with Beat on Brat fights was just to push spam them. If you hold block then hit fast attack V will do a push. With the gorilla arms in electric mode for more stuns, push the npc into a wall then keep pushing them nonstop. They will get stun locked until the fight is over. Razor can be a bit harder lock up because he moves really fast; I would take the cybermod that slows down time when you hold block then dodge it makes it easier to avoid his punches if he breaks out of the stun lock.
I tried that, but even with doing 3k+ damage per hit, they eventually stop responding to shoves and start kicking air at which point I just lose :shrug:

My V had body 6 or was it 8, any case fairly low... lots of struggles but instantly started rock'in the house with legendary gorilla arms and the fire mod... Then making sure to follow the types of fights that are happening.. Sometimes going in and swinging like a mad person isn't the best way to tackle a fight. Strong attacks to break a block, few fast attacks then back off and dodge like crazy till they start blocking again. When dodging don't do just a single dodge, double-tap, double-tap, double-tap, double-tap, several times while rotating around them... Not easy since V's hit-box is like half the ring. ugh..

I so lucked out with the champ fight, less then 10 seconds and he was down! (he proced my electrical surge) haha.

fist fight quests are just not broken, they are also uninspired. player could have found couple ways to "even the odds" against those cheating opponents but devs probably thought "it was ok in witcher games, so it will be ok in this one as well" but later they must have forgotten how fist fight opponents in cp2077 have insane advantages against player such as melee range, high melee damage and insane amount of hp. I like my quests being challenging. none of the fist fight quests were enjoyable to me.

Just beat Razor with the golden bat and gorilla arms. You can push him out of the ring or up onto the ropes behinds Vs corner and then just wail on him .. this fight was much easier then Rhino

Top Bottom