Five Global Game Awards 2015 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

+
So now all that is left to be won is Video Game Awars 2015 (VGA) on December? The last "MAJOR" Award event/

Well, there are also site-specific awards, Gamespot and IGN's being some of the more prominent ones.

you know, if there's anything that this game awards proove, is that it debunks the myth that average gamers want "easy and dumbed down" games. the mere fact that pillars of eternity won "RPG of the year" award proove it. that game and original sin are both game changers as far as i'm concerned, since they revived the interrest of general audience in cRPGs and deep RPG experiences like the witcher series
in fact, i remember a friend of mine who likes playing casual and easy games and got introduced to skyrim. but then i told her to try the witcher 2 (since she probably would think the combat in TW1 sucks, even it's not true) and she completely forgot about skyrim and realized how bland it was.
and i think this is what's happening to the general audience in gaming, they're maturing and starting to enjoy more complex experiences.

Last edited:
CDPR you're part of the few devs that can "save" the gaming industry from its current state. I'm glad you received the gratitude you deserved.
I'm also glad that Paradox beat you for the best publisher award. :)

Are you sure? these two sites are part of the TGA jury...

link: http://thegameawards.com/jury-and-advisors/

Yeah, representatives of those sites being part of the jury for the VGAs is pretty standard, a lot of gaming websites still do their own awards besides that, it's just that there's no ceremony. Obviously, the VGAs get a lot of attention, as they're probably the biggest awards show in the industry, and are not tied to any one review site, but awards from the big names like IGN, Gamespot, Gameinformer etc. are also nothing to scoff at.

Congratulations, CD Projekt Red!
Well deserved. I love to be a part of that, since 2008. The best part even, the part that enjoys playing these great games! Thanks for bringing them to us!

(PS: Best Audio means the sound effects right? Not the soundtrack? Because I turn off the music just to enjoy it and man, it is brilliant!)

Last edited:
@RageGT It should be both, as there is not any "Best Soundtrack" category. But I'm guessing the soundtracks of the games would overpower the effects a lot, as most people leave them turned on :) (I should say you are missing A LOT though, if you are not listening to the masterpiece soundtrack. Even if you like to not listen to it in-game, you should listen to it outside of the game to behold the awesomeness :) )

@RageGT It should be both, as there is not any "Best Soundtrack" category. But I'm guessing the soundtracks of the games would overpower the effects a lot, as most people leave them turned on :) (I should say you are missing A LOT though, if you are not listening to the masterpiece soundtrack. Even if you like to not listen to it in-game, you should listen to it outside of the game to behold the awesomeness :) )
Didn't want to go off topic here but it will be short. I didn't turn off the music until I had 1,000 hours playing the game. After that it became irritating. And the sound effects are so good that without the music, I felt much more immersed into the game for the next 550 hours I've played it!

There should be an specific category for Best Music and Best Sound Effects. I like previous Witcher games Music better to be honest.

Congratulations to all REDs ;)

Well deserved.... yes .... well deserved indeed <3

PS:

Now go back to make this awesome game even more AWESOME, *swings whip*

:popo:

HEHEHEHE

Just kidding, you know i fucking love your game :wub:

They deserved every single award they received. There is no game like W3, and no company like CDPR.
Thank you to everyone at CDPR. You've single-handedly made my gaming year. You should all be damn proud of yourselves. Please never change, keep being your awesome selves, and making these awesome games.

Top Bottom