FIX Nature's Gift

+
This leader ability has gotten completely out of hand for the same reason Gord had, there are just simply too many ways for ST to generate special cards now. Basically every unit they play plays a special card on top of their special cards, and often times more than one in a turn.

I'd like to see either a minimum 2 provision cost nerf or perhaps some kind of cap of how many treants can be spawned in a game, because as it is now, it is simply just ridiculous.

Well, I think is balanced by row restrictions. Yes, they create a lot, but sometimes they completely fill a row and they have no space to play their cards. I saw this happen a fee times, and it's very enjoyable.

... and I have also seen Nature's Gift decks complettely falter against control decks, from both sides of the board. They suffer quite a bit from row punish as well.

Just like any other deck, they will have their strengths and weaknesses, easy and difficult opponents.

Well, I think is balanced by row restrictions. Yes, they create a lot, but sometimes they completely fill a row and they have no space to play their cards. I saw this happen a fee times, and it's very enjoyable.
I have heard about this being a risk too, yet I have never actually seen it happen myself in the many many games I keep facing this deck. I imagine whisperers were involved somehow?

Perhaps it's because I tech a lot of removal in my decks, doubt the desirable thing is letting their things live though as they put card after card after card on the board that demands an answer.

Last edited:
Nature's Gift is fine. Without the Symbiosis on the leader, it would only generate 6 points due to vitality. I don't consider it OP because ST can now produce more Nature cards due to Sorceress and Sage. If anything, that is only powerful on a short round. On a long round they clog their rows and then are unable to get full value or play their cards.

So no, Nature's Gift is a good leader and one of the few that is well balanced.

Nature's Gift is fine. Without the Symbiosis on the leader, it would only generate 6 points due to vitality. I don't consider it OP because ST can now produce more Nature cards due to Sorceress and Sage. If anything, that is only powerful on a short round. On a long round they clog their rows and then are unable to get full value or play their cards.

So no, Nature's Gift is a good leader and one of the few that is well balanced.
I made a generic Nature's Gift deck to try out this clogging theory myself and it only really happened to me one time (with the aid of whisperers). Had to discard two cards but still ended up winning against reckless flurry, which I assume is one of the so called counter control decks.

I'm playing on pro rank 2.4k+, maybe Nature's Gift decks are less successful on higher rating, but I really doubt it judging by last Gwent Open.

I really have to wonder purely pointwise which leader ability is superior to this, not to mention the synergy with Gezras, providing units not vulnerable to tall-removal, or the benefit of the treants soaking up randomised damage protecting your actual units.

NG gets a lot of hate but when it comes to leader abilities I'd rather be up against NG ones any day over this nightmarish treant army.

rrc

Forum veteran
This leader ability has gotten completely out of hand for the same reason Gord had, there are just simply too many ways for ST to generate special cards now. Basically every unit they play plays a special card on top of their special cards, and often times more than one in a turn.

I'd like to see either a minimum 2 provision cost nerf or perhaps some kind of cap of how many treants can be spawned in a game, because as it is now, it is simply just ridiculous.
Didn't you see last patch notes? It had got 2 provision nerf. You want two more? If we need nerfs to leaders, we should start with Inspired Zeal and Reckless Flurry..

Didn't you see last patch notes? It had got 2 provision nerf. You want two more? If we need nerfs to leaders, we should start with Inspired Zeal and Reckless Flurry..
Sorceresses getting nerf does not equal leader ability getting nerfed, ST is completely fine when not using this particular leader. Reckless Flurry is a complete trash leader btw, always hated it and how you roll the dice each time you click it, ironically treants are a great counter to it.

But hey, if you think Nature's Gift is balanced let's rework Reckless Flurry in your vision. Reduce the damage from the charges from 3 to 2, but now you pick the target to hit, and on top of this each time you play a raid card damage a random enemy by 1, then let's give SK more ways to play raid cards through units. It's balanced, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom