Fix Skellige! 90% of the People are Only Playing That

+
,morkwarg can be locked, but then those fu**** bears remain uncountered because even if i kill them get resurected instantly

The problem with SK is not the queensguard nor morkvarg nor kambi nor the bears . Its the bloody axmen! If you dont have instant removal ( like alzur) or schakles in hand your screwed. This thing can skyrocket to insane numbers.

If they nerf it like NG another faction will take it's place till the next patch. People already got some counter decks with various degree of succes. (due to the change in MMR so top players face each other more often)

So what i would like is a soft nerf like change the bears to 5 and apply weather after your turn to have a chance to counter it before it deals damage to buff the Axeman. Or put a hard cap on Axeman buff from damage like: " Whenever an Enemy is Damaged, Boost self by 1 to a max of 10 or 15"

Im a NR player using Henselt Tempo.I ve been facing SK decks like 60 % until rank 12.Putting the Bear - Kaedwani sergeant bug aside, the only way for me to climb right now is to win all my games agsinst non SK decks.

I will stop playing gwent until skellige, or weather, or I hope both, gets patched.
99% games are against either skellige, or stupid weather spam.
Its not fun anymore.
Yesterday I used instant forfeit to any skellige bear, or 2nd weather in the round, but today it really creeps me out. So no gwent until patch.

The main issue I have with the Bears is that they hide the true perpetrators ... the axemen.

@3.5k + MMR one bear is hardly a problem, as they're quite unable to handle gold, armored or buffed units, whilst they themselves become a low tempo play that puts the SK player behind. A more severe problem is the axemen / frost setup.

Vaishar;n8981540 said:
If they nerf it like NG another faction will take it's place till the next patch. People already got some counter decks with various degree of succes. (due to the change in MMR so top players face each other more often)

So what i would like is a soft nerf like change the bears to 5 and apply weather after your turn to have a chance to counter it before it deals damage to buff the Axeman. Or put a hard cap on Axeman buff from damage like: " Whenever an Enemy is Damaged, Boost self by 1 to a max of 10 or 15"

I would be happy with small nerfs to bear, shield maidens. Other than that the only other card I have a big problem with is that gold card that they buff to 25. That card is just too much since there are too many easy ways to kill off the card that they put on your side.

Michelazz;n8981300 said:
The problem with SK is not the queensguard nor morkvarg nor kambi nor the bears . Its the bloody axmen! If you dont have instant removal ( like alzur) or schakles in hand your screwed. This thing can skyrocket to insane numbers.

It's a good card but I'm not sure if I actually have a problem with it. There are a lot of counters to buffing one or two cards to the heavens. One of my favorites is Bekker's twisted mirror. You can also scorch, igni, spores etc etc.

Quintino77;n8980460 said:
Sorry, it was not a comment related to yours but a more generic one related to the whole "Skellige OP" situation, and it was intended as ironic.
English is not my native language so I apologise for the misunderstanding :).

It's all good. Your english is fine by the way

Last edited:
Brenex;n8979270 said:
Can you like fix the game, or at least the balance? 90% of the people are currently playing 1 faction, and basically 1 deck with a few card variations, is that what you intended?

Sounds like you're tired of having bears tear your face off. Don't worry, they'll all be back next round!

Moridin2244;n8979580 said:
I just built a SK deck with a few key cards missing but it tends to work out and wow I can see why everyone plays it. Though I feel dirty doing so, it's a very flexable deck with a lot of options and is easily built on a budget too. Furthermore it is insanely easy to learn and use. It no wonder why I haven't seen many other decks now. Even without netdecking these things are pretty easy to copy.

Exactly its pretty good and cheap no wonder why people lean to it. Its faction that just works and I think that issue is not with SK and more has to do with other factions lacking. I mean we have whole faction that is just deleted from the game and lots of stuff changed to a point where faction lost its identity. Cards were changed and balanced all that work was thrown away for some weird changes that never made any sense and now SK is faction to suffered least and its synergy is still there while being amplified with new weather system.

I don't understand why it takes so long to fix obvious issues. Only SK is viable at the moment and playing anything else just plain sucks.

Seriously if someone doesn't think SK is too good sorry but you just didnt play gwent at all. It is too op but I am not that mad because it is still beta and after witcher games I have hope for CDPR.
Nevertheless I am making the break from game untill some patch

Whole faction removed from the game - problem solved :) The dwarfs was so true about this deck in Blood and Wine.

lomvicmarko;n8984130 said:
Its faction that just works and I think that issue is not with SK and more has to do with other factions lacking
I agree I play as my favorite a weird hybrid Wild Hunt deck for fun on unranked and can do pretty well if I get lucky however I keep zooming in on one card for SK, the Ax Men. With 2 and 2 Armor they are four hit (And with Veteran in the second round they're five) what other Bronze can one hit a 4 hit unit? None, the Wild Hunters only hit at 3, Nilfgaards rot tossers don't work as they're easily avoided, ect. Hell in the second round with Veteran you have a five hit Golds and Silvers are the only thing that do five hit and this is a Bronze card. Beyond that SK also has easy resurrection so they're REALLY sticky. Lets not even get started on the insanity of the 6 hit Bears. Which are so good going first is actually an advantage for the,.

Iuliandrei;n8986940 said:
It's funny cause not long ago, people were calling crach/morkvarg a meme deck and easy to counter.

Before the Open Beta? Crach has been king of the roost at the top MMR for almost the entirety of the open beta, Anyone who said that doesn't follow Gwent. Yes last patch was a lot more balanced but Crach has been a common fixation at the top since the first week of OB ended. CDPR listened too much to the community and didn't put enough weight in the stats.

Just went 0-8 against SK today (played 11 games). Like many, I am done until a patch comes out to fix SK, because it just isn't fun anymore. Since the last patch my Gwent tracker stats show roughly 75% of my games have been against SK. This patch is even hurting Twitch because every single MMR pushing streamer is running SK almost exclusively and it really isn't fun watching SK vs. SK 80% of the time. You can literally scroll down the list and it's all SK at certain times of the day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom