Fix Skellige! 90% of the People are Only Playing That

+
Skellige...Skellige everywhere...really boring. I play NR...no chance. Should I play Skellige too? I have the cards...that will be then really-really boring. (Sorry for my English, I'm a Hungarian, I speak German much better :) ) I was at 1900 MMR...now I'm at 1450 :eredinfacepalm:

Last edited:
Oh,yeah...4 more games 3 Skellige Axeman 1 Nilfgaard reveal. 1 Win 3 Losses: guess, which match did I win...I should abandon this game until a patch comes out. Yes I know: mardroeme, mardroeme, mardroeme, shackles, shackles, shackles...very interesting...

Last edited:
Michmeet;n8984860 said:
Seriously if someone doesn't think SK is too good sorry but you just didnt play gwent at all. It is too op but I am not that mad because it is still beta and after witcher games I have hope for CDPR.
Nevertheless I am making the break from game untill some patch

Same here, quitting the game until they rethink their priorities. I'm gonna vomit if I see another SK matchup.

Brenex;n8988690 said:
Same here, quitting the game until they rethink their priorities. I'm gonna vomit if I see another SK matchup.

It's so weird that NG was what people played constantly before the patch. Then they balanced the game and the problem now seems to be worse towards SK. Kind of funny when you think about it.

I play SK, I have about a 55-44-1% win rate and hover in the 40k area. I dont use Mork or Olgierd, no bears, no queens, no boats, no axemen, no weather. I just res Raiders and hope for the best. People steal/Letho/Vil/Kambi and consume my primary weapons all the time. I dont feel Im running a cheesy deck, I think this is the vanilla version actually. Crach summons Jutta and I use her, one Clan An Craite Warriors (for Madman Lugos to throw) and 3 Warcriers to generate points the hard way. Its vulnerable to all sorts of countermeasurse and removal which constantly happens but if Im lucky, my last card will be worth more. NG has excellent weapons against me (especially Letho), monsters too, NR Reavers outrun me but all of these, it can go either way, either of us can win with luck. SK mirror matches can go either way too because I dont think anyone's running this setup. I often lose to SK, and thats ok because I feel my deck is sporting and not anti-fun, even if its never top tier. I actually benefitted a bit from the patch which I think was the idea...

michaeljager;n8989060 said:
I play SK, I have about a 55-44-1% win rate and hover in the 40k area. I dont use Mork or Olgierd, no bears, no queens, no boats, no axemen, no weather. I just res Raiders and hope for the best. People steal/Letho/Vil/Kambi and consume my primary weapons all the time. I dont feel Im running a cheesy deck, I think this is the vanilla version actually. Crach summons Jutta and I use her, one Clan An Craite Warriors (for Madman Lugos to throw) and 3 Warcriers to generate points the hard way. Its vulnerable to all sorts of countermeasurse and removal which constantly happens but if Im lucky, my last card will be worth more. NG has excellent weapons against me (especially Letho), monsters too, NR Reavers outrun me but all of these, it can go either way, either of us can win with luck. SK mirror matches can go either way too because I dont think anyone's running this setup. I often lose to SK, and thats ok because I feel my deck is sporting and not anti-fun, even if its never top tier. I actually benefitted a bit from the patch which I think was the idea...

40k? Geez you must be number 1 in the galaxy! :p

The problem is not that this situation occurred, because there's always a risk of it happening with a balancing patch, the problem is the time it takes for them to react with a hotfix. Issues like this need to be addressed fast, to not leave the game in a state like this for too long.

It doesn't need to be a big update, that encompasses other features they want to introduce, they just need to nerf a few cards to ensure the problem isn't that severe anymore, and then continue preparing their other fixes.

RE: the boat / Morv combo- I find that if you can kill Morv once, he respawns on the other side of the boat, at which point the boat starts pinging him. Generally those decks want to go long round 1, so often they kill their own morv with the boat. Obs this is only worth it if you can 1 shot him, but I don't mind scorching him in this scenario / otherwise succubus :) :) :)

RE: Hjalmar, all i'd want to change is that the undead he makes is a bronze enabling him to be targeted by Field Medics / or equivalent.

Decided to play more today - I am now 100% done with the game for now. I just felt I didn't have enough of a sample size. I am also a really, really stubborn person.

Went 2-11 against SK today. That is 2-19 in the last two days. About 75% of those games weren't even remotely close. I have never been so thoroughly demoralized by a class/colour/faction in a card game. They are so oppressive. Won almost every single non-SK game during the two days though so I only lost 200 MMR. Too bad SK is so common.

The only thing that keeps me going is how terrible some players are that are getting carried up to high MMR with the deck. Players that constantly miscalculate values, play cards in laughably bad circumstances and don't seem to have any clue what kind of deck they are up against. It gives me hope that once the next patch comes, I will have all of these awful players to climb above once their deck is taken away from them :)

Until then, time to wait... CDPR please act sooner rather than later :(

No Title

Is this the reason ure complaining? if so well yea i guess ur right lol
gonna get a nerf soon probably.

Attachments

• photo154070.jpg
    photo154070.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 70
Frustration is unBEARable.

Seriously. I'm trying to just get my wins in Casual, because ranked play has me so frustrated, and its still something like 60% Skellige. Just mind numbingly frustrating. Can you beat 3 rounds of Bears, Morkvarg, and Kambi + Halmir? Can you beat it when they have 3 Bronze Rez units, and as well as a Silver Rez and Renew? Oh and don't forget the 39 power Axemen.....because that's what was needed to make it all balanced. Bronze units with more value than any possible card. Or the huge bursts of points gained from Queensguards and Shieldmaidens! Because its great that one faction has 3 fully viable leaders and deck types that can still share a majority of its card base, especially its extremely powerful Bronze units.

And don't get me wrong, I know the decks can lose, but you simply can't counter it, at least not all the different iterations and the different modes of attack in a way that leaves much variance. I'm mostly just sick of not only seeing, but losing to the same set of cards more than any other cards, and it all being the same Faction.

The_Odinson;n8999680 said:
Seriously. I'm trying to just get my wins in Casual, because ranked play has me so frustrated, and its still something like 60% Skellige. Just mind numbingly frustrating. Can you beat 3 rounds of Bears, Morkvarg, and Kambi + Halmir? Can you beat it when they have 3 Bronze Rez units, and as well as a Silver Rez and Renew? Oh and don't forget the 39 power Axemen.....because that's what was needed to make it all balanced. Bronze units with more value than any possible card. Or the huge bursts of points gained from Queensguards and Shieldmaidens! Because its great that one faction has 3 fully viable leaders and deck types that can still share a majority of its card base, especially its extremely powerful Bronze units.

And don't get me wrong, I know the decks can lose, but you simply can't counter it, at least not all the different iterations and the different modes of attack in a way that leaves much variance. I'm mostly just sick of not only seeing, but losing to the same set of cards more than any other cards, and it all being the same Faction.

Don't have Kambit, Bears, Axemen, Weather and Queensguards in my Skellie deck which I occasionally play.

I prefer my Dwarf and Consume deck. Neither of which have weather in it.

I just got out of a game not that long ago, frost spamming, axemen and bears. Whenever I killed one of those bastards, they rez em.

Out of rezes? Oh look a decoy.

Clear the three rows of weather? Oh goodie more weather.

If anyone here wants to add me or I add you, I'll gladly play games with ya. Just don't spam weather. :)

I have teched my deck to counter SK, and finally managed to get a 75% winrate against it.

The sad thing is that the amount of control required to shut bears/axemen makes a terribly dull game, only rarely joyfully interrupted by the ragequitting of some kid who cannot stand to play without their teddy bears.

I got a worse ratio towards NG, NR and ST though, so I cannot say I am truly satisfied.

Let's hope they patch the game again very soon.

I didnt played in closed beta, i play Gwent from 11 days and dont know what was the situation with balance before. I picked Northern Realms faction without thinking, because i am huge Witcher series fan. I enjoyed the game a lot and it was really fun to see all characters coming again. I felt the balance was good for open beta. As NR player i felt i have balanced games vs Elfs and Milfgaard, Monsters felt always stronger and also Skellige but it was fun anyway, because i had chance to win vs everyone. I even started to play ranked with NR and reached rank 14. It wasnt easy but i felt rewarded for my time spent losing and wining. From this week i started to lose progressive vs Skellige. It was always 50-50 for me vs everyone and it felt good but now i stoped to play ranked, because i dont want to feed some kids who enjoy easy wins with skellige. They have too many overpowered cards. Too many players hungry for easy boring wins started to play them. I prefer to be low rank, instead to start to play Skellige like everyone. What is the fun in that?
The problem is that today i started playing casual and AGAIN every game i hear the skellige song and see the lovely Morkvarg, Axemen who are stronger than gold card if you cant react ASAP vs them, the lovely Shield Maidens who appear every round, the lovely healing units, revive units, The most strong Gold card The lovely Hjalmar who sinergy so nice with Renew and Ragnarok A-bomb, the lovely ships. Everything in this faction is so nicely working together and so lovely, the other 4 are not needed. All needed to play Skellige. I got Hjalmar from Kegs but i didnt picked that OP thing and i will never play Skellige. Overpowering 1 faction is the biggest mistake possible in this game.

Cantina12;n8999840 said:
Don't have Kambit, Bears, Axemen, Weather and Queensguards in my Skellie deck which I occasionally play.

I prefer my Dwarf and Consume deck. Neither of which have weather in it.

I just got out of a game not that long ago, frost spamming, axemen and bears. Whenever I killed one of those bastards, they rez em.

Out of rezes? Oh look a decoy.

Clear the three rows of weather? Oh goodie more weather.

If anyone here wants to add me or I add you, I'll gladly play games with ya. Just don't spam weather. :)

Yeah, I play a NR deck. Its a bit of a mess, but it seems to work against most of the non-Skellige decks. I can even beat it if I draw awesome and they draw fairly poorly, but that happens so infrequently. Bears are the bigger issue, but Morkvarg and Axemen aren't that far behind as cards that just make me want to concede on the spot. I don't mind playing against anything else, even when I lose to cards I don't have and still kind of think are a bit too good, like G:Igni or Eggebracht or near infinite Weather. At least I feel like I'm actually in the games most of the time. When I play against Skellige I never feel that way. I never feel safe passing, even at a high point number, because of how insanely fast they can turn it around, and if you leave them a large enough opening, even winning even on cards, you can't ever expect to win round 2 or 3. Not having a large collection, and not being able to try out a multitude of decks myself makes playing against so much of more or less the same thing is really tiring. I started playing this because I was tired of HS and Faeria, but this patch seems to have created a game that is a degenerate as either of those atm.

Checco515;n9000050 said:
I have teched my deck to counter SK, and finally managed to get a 75% winrate against it.

The sad thing is that the amount of control required to shut bears/axemen makes a terribly dull game, only rarely joyfully interrupted by the ragequitting of some kid who cannot stand to play without their teddy bears.

I got a worse ratio towards NG, NR and ST though, so I cannot say I am truly satisfied.

Let's hope they patch the game again very soon.

Yeah, I that's a massive issue. To be good enough against SK you have to throw away other things. On top of that, if you're like me and just started playing about 10 days ago and only have the cards to build one solid deck, its even worse. Few more weeks and I'll probably have a couple of different decks to mess with and maybe that will help break up the monotony of it all, but of course I'd love to see some changes as well.

wanna talk about their mage? that stupid 12 power bear using a 1 power priest is so dumb...but the problem was NG, the problem was tibor, the problem was the "golems pull".

P.S. Lifecoach about the last patch :

" I think some things were probably overlooked, some changes that reduced mechanics which should be there. I believe Ciri, who got nerfed to 5 strength, is a card that is very important for the game, it’s important to have her around, not as an auto-include but she should at least have six strength in my opinion. I also think weather is still quite broken, it’s very prevalent, and Skellige is also a bit overpowered, specifically also these nasty Axemen since there aren’t any real counters to weather. I think the previous patches have been really great, but I have been really disappointed with this one."

Last edited:
Top Bottom