Fix Skellige! 90% of the People are Only Playing That

+
I'm sick of playing players who are 2 ranks and 10 levels higher. Dreadful matchmaking. And decks that allow you to draw your whole deck shouldn't exist.

I'm also really disappointed since last patch. I used to play hours a day, now I can barely stand the frustration long enough to get my daily 6 (don't even go to 18 anymore). CPDR must know that they are losing players every day. It's easy to get new player but it's hard to regain disappointed players. How things are going, I feel like the game is gonna be dead before it launches...

I haven't even done my daily 6 in over a week. I just jump in here every now and then to see if they fixed the game...... apparently not

I think weather is fine for the most part, people just use it because the game is so small right now. It's the only removal besides Alzur's Thunder that's bronze. Sure, you have some oddities like Stammelford's Tremors or Lacerate. But those don't really do enough damage. Everyone cites the worst-case scenario for things like Frost (omg, it does 8 damage a turn!!111!!), but the reality is that bronze weather hits only one row. Most cards can be played on any row.

Strengthen needs to be changed though. SK is just about the only faction that has heavy Strengthen mechanics, that they can then couple with heavy GY rez mechanics. Not even Foltest (one of the weakest leaders) Strengthens. He merely boosts. No other faction can counter SK. There's two bronze cards that act upon the opponent's GY, one is Nilf, the other is Monster. There's simply not enough in the game to counter what they can do. And that's why SK is so popular. It can play cards and act in a zone that nothing else can touch. You also can't touch Strengthen. The counter to Strengthen is Weaken, but if you use Weaken effects, it basically just puts the unit back the way it was. So SK gets a unit + effect, and you get -effect and still lose because they profit a unit.

Last edited:
I'm fed of fighting the same SK decks over and over.

Oh, like I said above, I have a very high win% against them, thanks to the teching.

The issue is that my "anti-bear" deck (I'm considering changing the name to that, since that's what it does basically) gets badly stomped by every other faction because it lacks consistency, so in the end I'm slowing losing MMR.

I won't play Ranked again until they fix this situation.
I suggest you guys out there teching against SK not to overdo it, because there is a point when it becomes counter-productive.

My favorite faction is Monster (also the faction I invest in the most, of course) and I just started playing Gwent about 3 weeks. And guess what ? Every time against SK i have nearly 0 PERCENT CHANCE OF WINNING for God's sake. Here is the reason:
- Turn 1 the should-be golden-card 6 Power stupid Bear.
- Turn 1 Hjalmar
- Turn n waiting until have 3 or more units on my side : Axeman => Any fucking Weather => Profit (There's plenty of games I have to mulligan 2 clear sky and 2 7-power clear weather bird and their Axeman still manages to around at least 10 :killmeplz:)
- Turn 1 the cancer werewolf Morkvarg with Crach leader and mostlikely to stay alive for the whole match

So in general when against SK, if I cant mulligan Trish/Implith/the azure bolt + go second, I will mostlikely get F@CKED at 1st round and very small chance to win 2nd round (that means 3rd round => auto forfeit :D ). And I tried every single monster deck I can with my F2P budget, but no sight of hope winning against SK. That's why everyday I wake up I just want to shout out:" F@CK YOU SKELLIGE" so loud that CDPR can hear me and consider of deleting that stupid no-brain OP faction from GWENT for eternity :D .

And here is the most stupid thing I have exprienced: I have been matched up with LESS SK on ladder than on casual mode. Even if playing casual mode is my only effort to gain the humble 100 ore per day: Low rank-SK, high rank-SK, not in ladder yet-SK. KIll me plz CDPR :(

Really annoying meta

There's someone else that feels the game really fucking annoying since you just face Skellige decks? I found miself 90% against SK and you can't try a fucking new creative deck cause have no sense with such an overpowered faction.

There's any viable deck that counters really hard any SK deck or any plan from the developers to adjust the faction?

As you can see from several threads in this forum, you are not the first one to notice that the meta is annoying.

Some monster builts seem good against SK, but it also depends on what kind of SK you face.

Im also building an anti-Morg NG deck to feed on the meta but I lack Leto and itll be a while before I get the tech together. It has the gear to screw that architype but so far its horribly vulnerable to weather.
Maerdrome is great tech vs axement, it exiles them rounds 1-2. Can be used after they buff to steal a victory. Also good vs. a wide variety of boosters. But, you lose something else critical playing those, like locks or clears.

Last edited:
The only thing that needs to be changed in Skellige right now is the resurrection+unlock mechanic.
The free unlock is op and it cannot be countered and that makes the game non-interactive.
No matter how hard you try the bear comes back unlocked, same for Morkvarg same for Hjallmar.
All the other strats mentioned above can be countered.

Seriously, they should nerf Morkvarg. When it comes back the board, the power it has should be calculated by its base power (8) , not the curremt power before entering in the Graveyard. You know the game is not fun at all when a single unit can stay at 10 power or higher on its own after at least 2 times entering in GY. Also, that fucking wolf's effect make resilence become a fucking joke :/

I don't like Skellige. I milled everything, even the leaders. So there will be at least one person still playing other factions in Gwent XD

I personally agree with OP. There are 3 things that should be fixed (3rd point i'll post is kinda vague but...)

So here we go:

1. Axemen. First and foremost the Axemen. They should be buffed only when enemy damaged by Ally. They shouldnt be buffed by weather ticks/spells because it's just broken. Not only Skellige player doing damage to his opponent by let say frost or tremors but he buffing his own units at the same time. It's just wrong. Imagine a game when Skellige opponent have two rows with 3-4 units on each (perfectly normal situation) and Skellige player have 1 Axemen. He play white frost and his axemen are buffed by 8 points immediately. It's 16 points swing right here and if he have 2 or 3 axemen...
1 example from my own experience. A few days ago a was experimenting with swarm MO deck just for lulz and played against axemen deck. Round 1 i removed 1 axemen with AT, he revived it and put second axemen and played white frost and since this deck was a swarm deck you can imagine how many units was on my side(11) and often there are up to 18 units. And it's instantly 14 str bronze card, there are gold cards that are worse than that. And of course he has many more weather cards thus even more buffed axemen.

2. Savage Bears. Shouldnt be damaging "locking units"(Auckes, Fiend, etc.) after they locked them. Should only damage units played from hand(no spawned or summoned) even though it's debatable. And they certainly shouldnt damage carry-over units because SB are dead, so right now they basically have hidden "end round deathwish" and damaging units from graveyard. And one random thought. Make them agile and attack units on opposite row.

3. F. Kambi. As i mentioned befor it's a vague point. But i think this card should be reworked somehow. I can count how many times i get rekt by this yellow life-sucking cock. And it's doesnt matter whether i draw shackles or not. They just unlock it with their own shackles or donar. I think it's a bad design when outcome of the match are dependent on one single card(shackles), even if you have them in your deck there;s no guarantee you'll draw it since many decks lack thinning. And even if you draw it it's still not enough.

P.S. Океюшки:facepalm:

Last edited:
Please, Skellige, Weather and Monsters are ALL FINE.

bandicam 2017-06-25 08-23-41-144.jpg
This is how my YouTube Recomendations look like and i have stopped playing Gwent.

"Everything is ok". Personally i think it is nice, it is progress going from "The Weather Card Game" to "The Monster Weather Card Game". That's freaking progress..

Attachments

• bandicam 2017-06-25 08-23-41-144.jpg
    bandicam 2017-06-25 08-23-41-144.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 62
Dreatlan;n8979670 said:
I can agree that SK does need balance. I am unsure of where to start with that though.

Frost would be a good starting place. Too much value for money if the other player can't clear it. I've had a few matches where I've been getting 10 points (or more) a turn for an axeman just on frost damage alone. Then you add in a bear, Yen:Con and Brina and his meter ticks over like it's pumping gas on a high flow. All because the other player has no alternative but to play their units on those rows. Either axemen need to be reworked so there's no buff from weather damage, or frost needs to change. Maybe instead of doing damage, frost could prevent units on the row from being buffed. The way it currently is, it's more potent than gold weather

Top Bottom