Fix the driving!

+
Yeah, driving's completely fine now. Before I needed mods. If you're complaining about driving now I think you're expecting something more arcade like.

I play on PC with a steering wheel and head tracking. I have done extensive tuning of my steering sensitivity outside of the game (leave the game slider at 100) and added an acceleration curve on the gas pedal as it felt bad with it being linear. It feels really good to drive now. But I also have had to mod the windshield brightness down and use other mods to adjust the seat position so I can even see. So I've been able to fix almost every problem I had with driving except for one: The traffic AI and pathing is still horrendous. I have had to completely disable in-game traffic until CDPR fixes that because there is still cars just stuck all over map and I just can't handle driving around this game when there are cars just sitting still in the middle of the damn road. It feels empty and lonely but it's better than the alternative at this point.

I did a comparison yesterday. In "Dream on" you have to chase a van. First time I tried it not long after release, I crashed multiple times or let the van get too far away.

Yesterday the van was never more that a few meters away and I even hit it from behind a couple of times.

What changed, well obviously I have driven a lot more in game, I have got used to the fact that all cars are not equal in performance, also there have been changes in game to make driving better.

I have to say that driving is now one of my favourite pastimes in CP 2077 I really enjoy taking different cars for a spin!

PS I play on PC with a keyboard and mouse.

Guest 4400165

No, they haven't fixed the real problem with driving, only the steering sensitivity! The real problem is, that driving is destructing the immersion. There is NO OPTION to keep the speed, only to go with full speed, or slow down if you release the W button. There is no middle stage. I am playing on PC ...
I'm on Xbox, with the controller, obviously, the trigger buttons react the same - it's either acceleration or breaking, can't keep the speed. The triggers only make it smoother. Noticed that during one of the Delamain quests.
So, you can save yourself €60.

I'm on Xbox, with the controller, obviously, the trigger buttons react the same - it's either acceleration or breaking, can't keep the speed. The triggers only make it smoother. Noticed that during one of the Delamain quests.
So, you can save yourself €60.
You said, with your controller (and the triggers), you can't stay at 60 mph for example ?
Weird, because on my one X, i could do it since day one. And now on XBSX, with original controller and my razor it also work. I can stay at the same speed indefinitly (or almost) :(

the ability of controller triggers to be rheostatic ( vary pressure/depth) make it pretty easy to maintain a given speed.. for me the problem is some cars like the type -66 "family" of cars are so prone to spinning out...changing lanes or passing or when turning corners the front of the car leads in fine but the rear is all over the pace ..and it's not even consistent in how intense the rear-end whips around...sometimes it goes into a pattern of rear whipping back and forth exaggerating my inputs until either I hit something ( which case it ceases immediately ) or I'm able to wrestle it to a complete stop...please fix this

I'd like the option of turning off the auto center camera (did I express myself correctly?). I know there are mods but I'd prefer having the option in-game.

Guest 4564903

I like the driving, never seen what all the fuss has been about and I use a keyboard and mouse, great fun, no complaints at all.

There are plenty of players that complain about game issues that CDPR is not addressing because they are not real issues. Such as all the complaints about their not being enough animals in the game.

If there was no REAL issue with the driving for a LOT of players then CDPR would not be using their time at this point to fix it. And it CAN be fixed because there are mods that fix this issue.

I am sure CDPR will get the driving fine tuned eventually.

Guest 4564903

Never said there was no real issue just said I did not see what all the fuss was about, on top of that I've seen plenty of people complain about things in games that are objectively wrong, just because a large number complain does not mean its fact. With this game its easy to jump on the hate train just as it was easy for people to jump on the hype train.

I'm not saying that's the case for a lot of people but it could be true to a degree and at this point CDPR fixing things might not be because they agree, it could be done to keep the peace, nothing would surprise me now.

I love This game and play for hundreds of hours, but the driving is terrible.
I recently took a break from Cyberpunk to play some of my other older games.
The first thing I noticed is that the driving is 100% better in those games.
Driving in Far Cry, Borderlands etc is a pleasure rather that the messy slip and slide in 2077.
It's a shame because Night City is an amazing place to drive in.

I am playing on a controller so no problem with driving here (especially with the 1.2(?) patch where they allowed us to customize how far we want to push the trigger to accelerate), but if it still isn't there PC needs some way to limit the speed. Maybe pressing F (or something) to set the speed at whatever your speed currently is? And maybe some 'assist' (like there is aiming assist for controllers) to help with the turning (off/light/strong or something so people can choose for themselves)...
...even if no assist, the speed limiter should fix a lot of problems, since cars are much easier to handle at lower speeds (for me that is 60-80)....

I'm playing with SteeringSensitivity = 100 since day one, no problem. [KB+M]

Im using pc and xbox controller and i love the driving as long as you drive in a realistic way.

Didnt like it at first till i changed a few settings though.

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.07.17 - 09.43.31.63.pngCyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.07.17 - 09.43.51.39.png

Im using pc and xbox controller and i love the driving as long as you drive in a realistic way.

View attachment 11236738View attachment 11236741
I use keyb and mouse for game play and switch to the xbox controller for driving, it makes driving so much better, I managed to make keyb driving a bit better with the settings but xbox controller all day long for me now for driving.

View attachment 11236738View attachment 11236741
as long as you drive slow it's OK( still not enjoyable ) ...get in a hurry and the car,especially the rear slides all over the place as if your on ice
there is a fundamental problem, the cars are programed to pivot around the Z axis,front turns right and the rear swings out left,
this only happens ( in reality ) when rear traction has been overcome, normally the front sets the path and the rear will "track" following the path created by the from tires, with some scrub, further stabilizing the rear axle..instead we're stuck with a vehicle that is constantly simulating slides and spin outs rather that driving
for a AAA title this is poor car simulation lacking LSD, Sway Bars, Traction Control, Stability Management, Springs and Dampers
we are obviously using an early "place holder" software that was never meant to be the final version
the cars are dripping with tech. visually but sadly lacking in the most rudimentary automotive systems we all enjoy even in the most "economic"
variations of cars today
hopefully this will be improved in the next update/patch

just to clarify I'm not expecting a "tunable" suspension and other systems ( but if they were implemented I would be thrilled )...but rather the obvious existence of these systems...when the car is driven hard their should be a "wow, this thing is awesome" not constant type of rage inducing wrecks witch can only be attributed to poor execution that ruins game play to the point that I dread getting in a car
I want to drive these cool unique vehicles ....but I don't want all of them to feel like parts of them are broken or missing...
ruins immersion to such an extreme that I'm waiting to play pending updates

Last edited:
Top Bottom