Fix the driving!

+
This is silly. Cars need analogue input, and standard PC kayboard-and-mouse have no analogue control inputs. Buy a controller. I did, for exactly this reason - and it is SO MUCH better.

Nonsense - GTA does it well with a keyboard and mouse, there is literally no reason CDPR cannot do the same.

This is silly. Cars need analogue input, and standard PC kayboard-and-mouse have no analogue control inputs. Buy a controller. I did, for exactly this reason - and it is SO MUCH better.
Bullcrap you can use keyboard for comfortable driving even in full blown race simulators, there are simple walkarounds for this like different throttle/brake digital sensitivity or speed sensitivity while turning. Some Cyberpunk car physics are really messed up and behave like soap on washbowl.

I wonder why most people play driving games with a controller or some sort of analogue device when the keyb and mouse is apparently so good. Plenty of people have issues using a keyb and mouse when driving, it takes practice to get OK at it but controller is still better

Hugs,

I had no idea that chases could be OP. Even with gaming at a 1080 Ti, I've normally run into the issue of the target being too slow, or rubber banding just keeping them close to my tail, else I'd pass them and never see them again in a race. With a 3090 now.

Using a keyboard and a mouse here, btw.

Anyhow, at that stage, my objection to driving is too slow cars and the said rubber banding. To that, I would add the need for a 'chase' camera that tails the player's car properly, so that I can let go of my mouse while driving. Plus, the visibility from the inside of the cars is terrible. The only reason for me to drive Maimai is that the car allows one to see the road from the inside of the car. That isn't an option with Caliburn.

Last edited:
Bullcrap you can use keyboard for comfortable driving even in full blown race simulators, there are simple walkarounds for this like different throttle/brake digital sensitivity or speed sensitivity while turning. Some Cyberpunk car physics are really messed up and behave like soap on washbowl.

Right. So.... SO silly when some people say "just use a controller" and it is fine. Because I was told by CDPR that I could use a keyboard and mouse when I purchased the game a few years ago, and yet... NO I cannot use keyboard and mouse. Well yes I CAN use the keyboard and mouse but it results in a very bad driving experience. So I guess then CDPR sold me a LIE, or, OR... there is a bug in the driving programing for keyboard and mouse.

I prefer to believe there is a BUG and not that CDPR lied to me.

In fact CDPR even said themselves there was was bug (as they said per the official post on this forum it was a problem with the frame rate). So I think it is best to just go with the idea that they are trying to fix a bug and not that is just a natural disadvantage of using a keyboard and mouse. :rolleyes:

Seriously some people live in another plain of existence with their perspective of the reality of the world we really live in. :(

Last edited:
Well, you may be able to, but this isn't a full blown race simulator and as virtually everyone has commented, driving with keyboard and mouse is just painful.
Post automatically merged:

I'm on Xbox, with the controller, obviously, the trigger buttons react the same - it's either acceleration or breaking, can't keep the speed. The triggers only make it smoother. Noticed that during one of the Delamain quests.
So, you can save yourself €60.
Well, that may be true of the XBox controller, but it isn't true on the reasonably cheap PC controller I'm using. There's very good sensitivity on the triggers, so controlling the speed is easy. The sensitivity on the joysticks isn't as good which makes steering a bit of a pain, but not nearly as much of a pain as on the keyboard.

Last edited:
Well, that may be true of the XBox controller, but it isn't true on the reasonably cheap PC controller I'm using. There's very good sensitivity on the triggers, so controlling the speed is easy. The sensitivity on the joysticks isn't as good which makes steering a bit of a pain, but not nearly as much of a pain as on the keyboard.
Nope, it's the same on a Xbox controller. Played on Razer Wolverine Tournament day-one on XB1x, after on the original Serie X controller and now on Razer Wolverine Ultimate and they work as intented. I can keep a constant speed without any problem with the trigger and turn around the roundabout in North Oak at 80mph indefinitly thanks to joystick :)

Yes, fix the driving. Add in skills for vehicles and motorcyckles (separately; Cool governing vehicles and Ref motorcyckles) that govern braking and turning and control wobbliness at differing speed values. :p

Make it right.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone drives anything other than a motorcycle in this game without going crazy. Opportunity lost for CDPR, really.
Agreed. The motorcycles control fine but the cars are crazy!
Post automatically merged:

And that's exactly why they're adding a steering sensitivity slider with the upcoming patch.
Does this only apply to controllers? I play with keyboard / mouse and have the steering sensitivity turned all the way down, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Yes, fix the driving. Add in skills for vehicles and motorcyckles (separately; Cool governing vehicles and Ref motorcyckles) that govern braking and turning and control wobbliness at differing speed values. :p

Make it right.
No.
:p

Anyway, as far as I can see, the 'secret' to a nice driving experience in CP is to drive somewhat slowly. As in 60-80 miles(?). That works fine on a controller, where we can regulate that easy, but not on keyboard where you have just on and off:) I think the simplest solution would be to add a key that tells the car to keep a certain speed. For example, when you reach 80mph you press F and stop touching the W or S key. If you do and change the speed it auto turns off and you have to reengage it again.

The driving missions are all difficult due to the scripted cars, vans and trucks doing stupid moves that you only ever see in these driving missions, just to make them more difficult.

I gave up on the racing mission due to it. I almost gave up on getting the guy to the ripperdoc too due to this rubbish. I just can't stand it when they make something more difficult just because they can and for no actual reason except to mess with you.

Top Bottom