Fix the gameplay or fix the graphics?

+

Would you want all gameplay elements working 100% or graphical fixes?

• I want the game to play the way CDPR intended

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I want the game game to look good

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Both I would said,
- I want a gameplay that CDPR judge to be "good" not the gameplay that some players could want/expect (So no "big" fixes, I think).
- I want the game look gorgeous, so for that I'll wait the Next-Gen update.

If it gets too much like GTA I wont play it. I enjoy the game as it is, I want them to continue to make improvements and add content, not change core mechanics which are not broken.

I am somewhat concerned about the graphics on PC being downgraded, I'm talking about under utilizing our hardware here not performing miracles on older cards

I'd like to be able to target NPCs through walls with my scanner again.
I'd like to be able to quickhack a hostile NPC without them beginning to revealing my position 2 seconds later.
I'd like to be able to stop them from revealing my position by taking out the netrunner...that I can't target behind the wall but who can somehow target me.

Goodbye stealthy netrunner build. You will be missed.

I'd like to be able to target NPCs through walls with my scanner again.
They changes the description of Ping, so this feature probably/certainly never come back. But if there is camera, you can hack the camera, take the control and launch QHs on the enemies.
I'd like to be able to quickhack a hostile NPC without them beginning to revealing my position 2 seconds later.
That's the way off offensive QHs work since day one.
I'd like to be able to stop them from revealing my position by taking out the netrunner...that I can't target behind the wall but who can somehow target me.
Netrunners target you through camera and allies. So if a netrunner is behind a wall, but an another enemy can see you, the netrunner pass through him (or not through the wall). So you kill the dude who can see you, the upload stop directly. It work like that since day one.

For stealth netrunner, Optic Reboot, Ping and System Reset :)
(so only goodbye to Ping through wal on enemies, for the rest, it's like it was day one).

A thought : For a netrunner who kills all enemies through walls without entering in the building, I'm not sure "stealth" is the correct term.

Last edited:
They changes the description of Ping, so this feature probably/certainly never come back. But if there is camera, you can hack the camera, take the control and launch QHs on the enemies.

Netrunners target you through camera and allies. So if a netrunner is behind a wall, but an another enemy can see you, the netrunner pass through him (or not through the wall). So you kill the dude who can see you, the upload stop directly. It work like that since day one.

(so only goodbye to Ping through wal on enemies, for the rest, it's like it was day one).

A thought : For a netrunner who kills all enemies through walls without entering in the building, I'm not sure "stealth" is the correct term.
Okay, just saw 3 Tiger Claws threatening a pedestrian. Used Contagion to take them all out. I pop around the corner of a building and hit them with contagion and immediately duck back behind the wall. I can't target them with quick hacks from my position.

I am not within line of sight of any hostile NPCs nor any cameras. First enemy vomits and they instantly go to reveal my position. Still behind a solid structure and can't target them, but they reveal my position anyways. Before, if I was hiding behind a car or something, they may notice me. I can use ping to mark them, reboot to disable their eyesight, etc. Before 1.3, reveal position rarely ever popped up for me. When it did, it never actually revealed my position to them (broken at the time?). Now they spam it at the first sign of trouble, making stealth netrunning almost useless.

I could understand if there was some cyberware I could get that would prevent or slow them down. I could also understand if it actually showed me which NPC was trying to reveal my position so I could try to stop them. Instead, I'm in a postion where I may have to clear 10-15 hostile NPCs from an area the second I drop one guy or everyone swarms me while they spam overheat on me.

Just now, testing things out more, I entered an "Assault in Progress." Before I even get near them, Combat pops up on the screen and the guys run up some stairs and start shooting as if they already knew I was coming. No line of sight, no cameras, just instant combat from the very start.

Okay, just saw 3 Tiger Claws threatening a pedestrian. Used Contagion to take them all out. I pop around the corner of a building and hit them with contagion and immediately duck back behind the wall. I can't target them with quick hacks from my position.

I am not within line of sight of any hostile NPCs nor any cameras. First enemy vomits and they instantly go to reveal my position. Still behind a solid structure and can't target them, but they reveal my position anyways. Before, if I was hiding behind a car or something, they may notice me. I can use ping to mark them, reboot to disable their eyesight, etc. Before 1.3, reveal position rarely ever popped up for me. When it did, it never actually revealed my position to them (broken at the time?). Now they spam it at the first sign of trouble, making stealth netrunning almost useless.

I could understand if there was some cyberware I could get that would prevent or slow them down. I could also understand if it actually showed me which NPC was trying to reveal my position so I could try to stop them. Instead, I'm in a postion where I may have to clear 10-15 hostile NPCs from an area the second I drop one guy or everyone swarms me while they spam overheat on me.

Just now, testing things out more, I entered an "Assault in Progress." Before I even get near them, Combat pops up on the screen and the guys run up some stairs and start shooting as if they already knew I was coming. No line of sight, no cameras, just instant combat from the very start.
It's not an hack from enemies who "revelated" your position, it's a result of your "offensive" hack :(
(the only QHs who you can receive from enemies is "Overheat". It's for that many players use Mods for enhance hostile netrunners).

When you launch an offensive hack on enemies, one ennemies in the group (random, I think), have a chance to locate your position (the progress bar). And whatever if he's a netrunner or not, it's not a hack.
- If you kill him before, the progress bar disappear and they don't know where your are.
- If you don't kill him, if the progress bar is completed, they know where you are.

With "non offensive" hack, it never happen (like system reset, optic reboot,...).
Offensive QHs : Short Circuit, Contagion, Overheat, Synapse Burnout,...

There is a "difference" between QHs who is also used in some Cyberdecks, where in the description it's write for example "reduce RAM cost for offensive QHs".
If you want a "stealth" approch, don't use offensive QHs, as simple as that. And it's like that since day one.

Last edited:
I voted other because I feel the question is rather redundant.
First of, what is supposed to be the 'intended gameplay'?
And second, i dont feel the game looks bad.

I run om either PS4 or medium settings PC setup and in either case I dont think the game looks bad.

It also makes me wonder a bit to what this is being compared to in such case?

Played the title on a PC but with a controller. I didn't think they have to "fix" the graphics. The game looks well. But gameplay, I agree. I recognized, that with every patch when old problems seems to be solved appearing new ones. Some behaviour is let's say... Strange...

Top Bottom