(FIXED) Geralt casts Igni after a fast attack when holding R2 in next-gen version on PS5

+
Hello Everyone.

I have two PS5 controllers, one that came with the console and another I've bought separately, on that one when I tap square to perform a fast attack and then hold R2 to cast a sign using the quick cast system, Geralt immediately casts Igni and I lose all my stamina and can't cast the sign I wanted.

This does not happen with the controller that came with the system.

Here is a video of the issue in action:

I was wondering if anyone else came across this issue and if there is a fix?

I'm using the latest version of the next-gen PS5 version on a PS5 with the latest firmware that has a disc drive, not sure if it's relevant but I thought I'd add it.

Update: Managed to fix it! the problem was that the L2 trigger had a physical issue and apparently kept reporting that it is pressed, I tested it at https://gamepad-tester.com/ and it didn't show the button being presses when I pressed it, finally after following an advice on a forum I pulled hard on the trigger until it made a click sound and now everything works again as intended

Thank you.

Last edited:
On PS5 there isn't "profil" or something like that, which could influence how each controllers work ?

On PS5 there isn't "profil" or something like that, which could influence how each controllers work ?
Hi LeKill3rFou, thank you for your reply, I believe there are options to control the controller's speaker volume and vibration strength but not sure there will be anything there to help fix the issue, I'll play with it this evening.

I search a bit, and maybe the "Press and Hold Delay" setting could help (but not sure).
At least, there is something "different" between both controllers. The second one is an "original" playstation one too ?

My other controller is an original black controller, not sure how different it is from the white one internally.
The thing is that even if the controller "holds" the key because of some accessibility option, that should have produced an R2+Square combination which is not an Igni cast, I forgot which cast it is because I only use R2+X for Aard and R2+Circle for Quen

My other controller is an original black controller, not sure how different it is from the white one internally.
The thing is that even if the controller "holds" the key because of some accessibility option, that should have produced an R2+Square combination which is not an Igni cast, I forgot which cast it is because I only use R2+X for Aard and R2+Circle for Quen
Ok :(
At least, if I remember, someone else also encountered this issue (not sure if he fix it or not).
If you still encounter it, maybe good to send a ticket to the support in case :)
(I don't think there is a category, but this one should be fine > "Contact Us" button)

Ok :(
At least, if I remember, someone else also encountered this issue (not sure if he fix it or not).
If you still encounter it, maybe good to send a ticket to the support in case :)
(I don't think there is a category, but this one should be fine > "Contact Us" button)
Oh yeah, I also sent a message to support :)
Thank you for the help, hopefully this can be resolved because my white controller is the one used by my 7 year old son and is always full of snack crumbs and stuff :), also it has a little bit of stick drift

Oh yeah, I also sent a message to support :)
Thank you for the help, hopefully this can be resolved because my white controller is the one used by my 7 year old son and is always full of snack crumbs and stuff :), also it has a little bit of stick drift
Maybe you can also try to reset the controller in case (maybe it could help)

Update: Managed to fix it! the problem was that the L2 trigger had a physical issue and apparently kept reporting that it is pressed, I tested it at https://gamepad-tester.com/ and it didn't show the button being presses when I pressed it, finally after following an advice on a forum I pulled hard on the trigger until it made a click sound and now everything works again as intended

Top Bottom