Fixed with 4.01 - "DLSS is not supported" using RTX 4090

+
Edit 2023-02-02, issue fixed with patch 4.01

Under Anti-aliasing settings, I cannot scroll past FSR 2 to enable DLSS. I get a pop-up saying DLSS is not supported.

Launching game through Steam with DirectX 12.
Latest Nvidia drivers (527.56)
ASUS TUF RTX 4090; 10850k

Attachments

• witcher3_2022_12_14_09_23_26_980.jpg
    witcher3_2022_12_14_09_23_26_980.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 1,154
Last edited:
But I suppose op is having issue selecting DLSS option for AA, so it's some kind of bug. Try arrow to right. Sometimes mouse gets stuck or unresponsive.

But I suppose op is having issue selecting DLSS option for AA, so it's some kind of bug.
Correct, if you see in the screenshot, the pop-up in the bottom left appears when I try to get to DLSS via mouse or arrow keys.

hi guys
Got a 3080 and it crashes when i try DirectX12
Anyone else having this?
Epic games - 10700k - 32gb Ram- Rtx 3080 - SSD
1671038758253.png

Correct, if you see in the screenshot, the pop-up in the bottom left appears when I try to get to DLSS via mouse or arrow keys.
I would try re-installing the latest NVidia drivers, but use DDU to nuke all traces of previous drivers and profiles.

I would try re-installing the latest NVidia drivers, but use DDU to nuke all traces of previous drivers and profiles.
I always use DDU, and I've tried reinstalling drivers with and without NVCleanstall. No difference, it still doesn't let me pick DLSS.

I was having the same problem, I've found the solution if you haven't already fixed it yourself.

1. Open Geforce Experience and click on "home," it should show all of the games you have installed which have Nvidia support.
2. Find The Witcher 3, hover over it and click "DETAILS".
3. Clicking the "optimal settings" button if you have a 20-40 series card should enable DLSS, if not, manually enable DLSS by changing the 'anti-aliasing' setting from whatever it's on to DLSS.
4. Load up the game, check your graphical settings and DLSS should be enabled.

Hope this helps.

As of today's update, the issue persists. I'll try the solution above later and report back.

I also have a 4090 and am also seeing this issue. The above "fix" doesn't seem to do anything for me, when I "optimise" in experience, it simply gets reverted when I launch the game.

The solution is to update Windows 10.
Windows 10 Version 20H2 is no longer supported and it appears there is a NVIDIA DLSS dependency that requires the latest update.
You may not have have received the notice to update to VERSION 22H2 and so you need to do this manually using Windows 10 Update Assistant.

This is not an obvious solution, at first glance but I would do this first before anything else.
If you already have this version, there is something else going on in the background with your system.

The solution is to update Windows 10.
Windows 10 Version 20H2 is no longer supported and it appears there is a NVIDIA DLSS dependency that requires the latest update.
You may not have have received the notice to update to VERSION 22H2 and so you need to do this manually using Windows 10 Update Assistant.

This is not an obvious solution, at first glance but I would do this first before anything else.
If you already have this version, there is something else going on in the background with your system.
Sadly, that's not the issue. I'm on that version and have no updates in windows update available. Still getting the issue

1671478618453.png

Deleted the game and all related folders, then did a fresh download.
Still won't let me select DLSS.

Windows is up to date, nvidia drivers are up to date and I've installed the update for Witcher 3 that came out today - none of it makes any difference.
I still think this is a Windows issue. You could try this registry edit that the people over at Microsoft Flight Simulator forums tried.

Top Bottom