Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy alternative event? (spoiler)

+
I've done this gig three times before. Every time, it involved getting the shard past only two Russian guards, a man and a woman. I did it differently each time, once they saw me and I had to kill them, other I put them to sleep stealthily, and the third I actually managed to steal the shard without violence and slip away.
OK this time around, I expected it would go more or less the same, however there was a new twist. I got into the apartment, I was sneaking around when I hear a scuffle and a shot. When I peeked I was spotted by a "man in black" type (suit, dark glasses) who looked oriental (Chinese or Japanese). This man had killed the Russian guard. I wasn't sure if he had spotted me (I got no cue in the minimap) so I hid in the office upstairs. Sure enough, the MIB came calling and I killed him. Then I went downstairs, and I could hear a fight between a man and a woman. I took the shard, then saw the Russian woman walking in. I stealthily knocked her out, and on my way out found another MIB dead, presumably by the woman. In the lobby, the receptionist was aggressive so I had to kill him (this hadn't happened the previous times, I just walked out).
After finishing the gig, Regina scolded me for not doing it quietly. The previous times she had commended me.
OK I don't get who these men were and how they fit in the whole scheme. The walkthroughs I have found only describe things like they happened to me before, with the two normal guards. And why didn't they appear in the previous playthroughs?

Last edited:
I never see that, yet I have done it a lot of times.
It's on 1.22 ? Where do you enter in penthouse (door with tech skill/roof/roller shutter upstairs) ?
I'm interested to see that, I will do it in a little while in 1.22 ;)

BAV51

Forum regular
Weird I have done this 5 times now and always opted for stealth as that I how I play, and I have always just done a non lethal take down on both man and woman and never ever see anyone else.

Also I always come in from the balcony

Weird I have done this 5 times now and always opted for stealth as that I how I play, and I have always just done a non lethal take down on both man and woman and never ever see anyone else.

Also I always come in from the balcony
The same for me, I always use non lethal KO (manual or "System Reset" if I am lazy).
But i come from the easy path, from the door :)

Is long time,but aren't they from Arasaka? Maybe you triggered some alarm without noticing? In my 1st playthrough i remember that back in the lobby i had the receptionist,some black suits and actually in the street i had more shootout (there was also a car i think) so i ended also with NCPD shooting(i hit a cuvilian i think and they spawned)...Regina was very pissed off:)

I will explain it to you, the chinese and russians are at war or something like that , and your target is a shard owned by Mikhail Akulov the best fixer in all of the soviet union, he was sent there for negotiations with arasaka for an arms deal that is why you can spot him at konpeki plaza if you do not kill him, the shard you take from his hotel can be afterwards delivered to some chinese guys in a car with whom regina had some shady dealings in the past. This Mikhail akulov has a netrunner outside the city to monitor the activity of the corporations, the voodoo boys are also interested in the activity of mikhail akulov , jean-ki-ri contacts a netrunner named Shiva inside the city and tasks her to hack the embassy for information about this visitor from Moscow, you are also tasked by regina to put a tracker on his car before you steal from him. I haven't seen any asian guy before, it might be because I climbed the building but I will try to research how you came by this encounter. He is a heavy hitter so probably the chinese had someone infiltrate the building before you did.

Top Bottom