fixer wont send me texts, what do you think of the changed driving?

+
i wasnt sure where to put this technical forum seems more about performance issues but i am trying to get the Coyote my favourite car in the game, i think i am at street cred level 25(at least above 20 which is what i needed unless that has changed), is this a bug or should i just randomly drive around the badlands hoping the fixer sends me a text to buy the car?

also so this topic has some life after my question has been answered do you think the driving has improved much since release? for me i never had any issues with it but it feels better now, especially since driving in first person is viable now

Have you already complete some GIGs for Dakota ?
It require at least one GIG completed (In my current playthrough, started in 1.5, I already receive some from Regina and Wakako).
And the "best" (in my opinion/experience) could be to pass in Badlands, but not stay in.
(You go in Badlands, if you don't receive a message, you return to another neighborhood to complete a GIG or doing "things" and come back a little later,...).

Yes better, but I have a hard time with Jackie's ARCH, maybe too used to its faults... Like brakes, they seem to be so "soft", all my "brakes points" are now false :D

I play with keyboard and mouse and changes in 1.5 vastly improved driving and also vehicles behaving. For example caliburn now have finally also brakes, so you really can now try racing driving in town with really good chance to not crash into things. And I’ve had yesterday tons of fun with drifting in V’s old nomad vehicle which can be used for some really crazy maneuvers once you get used to controls. I liked just drive through the city before and now it’s real pleasure.

Drift turn on bikes need now more speed. I had feeling like they reduced bikes drift little too much, but I’ve adapted to it. Can’t imagine do not drift turn when roam Night City on Jackie’s arch 🙂

Last edited:
Have you already complete some GIGs for Dakota ?
It require at least one GIG completed (In my current playthrough, started in 1.5, I already receive some from Regina and Wakako).
And the "best" (in my opinion/experience) could be to pass in Badlands, but not stay in.
(You go in Badlands, if you don't receive a message, you return to another neighborhood to complete a GIG or doing "things" and come back a little later,...).

Yes better, but I have a hard time with Jackie's ARCH, maybe too used to its faults... Like brakes, they seem to be so "soft", all my "brakes points" are now false :D
thank you so much once i got to the badlands to claim my car the gigs were either hard or very hard so it took a lot of effort to complete them(that said i am only playing on normal but enemies can still melt you) but got the coyote so thank you

thank you so much once i got to the badlands to claim my car the gigs were either hard or very hard so it took a lot of effort to complete them(that said i am only playing on normal but enemies can still melt you) but got the coyote so thank you
Nice, you're welcome ;)

also so this topic has some life after my question has been answered do you think the driving has improved much since release? for me i never had any issues with it but it feels better now, especially since driving in first person is viable now
On Xbox One X driving has been viable from first person since day 1. Was it great, especially in the City Center with framerate drops, probably not for many.

On 1.5 I have so far tried only two cars and one bike. That said, steering lock is like it was that is a really good thing, since we mostly drive in urban environment with lot's of 90 degrees turns. What steering lock means in practice is how much car front tires turn. For example in Forza Horizon Pro steering setting was limiting that angle to 50% (normal was below that) which made few things a bit funny, but for most parts of the game, made it more accessible. So for me it looks like they kept core strength of their driving physics, what players on controller needs to do is the same as before, do not use your stick like it's digital on/off input.

In 1.5 release video stream they mentioned suspension, like it didn't exist before. I'm not sure for what they were referring to, perhaps I got what I got from tire physics but cornering is even easier now. I find myself taking wider angles with RWD / FE and FWD / FW cars I have tried for looking for nice lines to keep up average speed just for fun and it somehow feels easier to find those lines in 1.5 yet in reality it feels, maybe new suspension or something, is messing up my timing and so I end up stalling engine a bit with Hella and Galena. Taking corners on four wheel slide with Galena was crazy fun but now it's almost too good, no challenge really.

In general, top speed handling appears to be much easier. It's that for accessibility side of things at the expense of fun side of things, I can't really say yet.

If you are playing on keyboard and mouse having car control on keyboard (digital) I still recommend FWD cars. If you are using a gamepad using analogue controls, it feels more accessible for little I have tried so far.

Bikes, I can't say much, always been a car guy, but about bikes, I tried certain one V can get as a gift and it was alright but turning radius feels too wide.

The new driving model has it made it much more difficult to do slower deliberate manoeuvres in a car. Parking for instance.
The car has a tendency to shift into first or reverse way too quickly meaning if you want to stop slowly it feels jittery. When I park now I more often than not hit the wall, or I have to time it perfectly by hitting reverse and then hitting forward to cancel out the movement. That or use the E-brake, but that's not reliable either.

My guess is they've done this because it makes doing donuts and J-turns easier but it's personally really annoying. I hope it's something they fine-tune.

Driving fast takes a bit of getting used to but I'm not having any more difficulty now than I did before.

The new driving model has it made it much more difficult to do slower deliberate manoeuvres in a car. Parking for instance.
The car has a tendency to shift into first or reverse way too quickly meaning if you want to stop slowly it feels jittery. When I park now I more often than not hit the wall, or I have to time it perfectly by hitting reverse and then hitting forward to cancel out the movement. That or use the E-brake, but that's not reliable either.

My guess is they've done this because it makes doing donuts and J-turns easier but it's personally really annoying. I hope it's something they fine-tune.
So it wasn't just me.
Driving fast takes a bit of getting used to but I'm not having any more difficulty now than I did before.
Try driving at top speed with Galena in the city, easy as pie.

I don't know... there's about suspension in patch notes but Hella, if you make a jump at high speed in Northern Watson, it doesn't really bounce back you know? It's like racing suspension, which actually would make sense considering it's tuned but anyway.

I think improvements are a good change overall for most players. Really appreciate that they didn't clamp steering lock to lower as that's something they definitely have over other games and is big deal to able to make tricks and stuff.

"FIXER WONT SEND ME TEXTS, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE CHANGED DRIVING?"

Solved.

A tremendous improvement.

Enjoying so much more control over my vehicles now, that it made the vehicle .inis pretty much absolute. Were it not for the Cruise Control setting, I would have don them.

Traffic has also greatly improved.

Love it that if you stop in front of approaching cars, they brake for you, instead of hitting you. All cars now always have 100% consistent lights. Just love it. Height of the drivers seat has also been adjusted in those cars where it was needed.

Inadvertently hit another car, and the guy in it so totally freaked out and put the peddle to the metal. Went after him for a moment to see where he was going. He really went very far reaching speeds well over 100 in his Villefort Cortes. He was really moving burning his tires all the way. He was also overtaking other cars which I thought was super neat. I gave up the pursuit but regretted that I did.

But yeah, great improvement, also the optimizations and the graphics. Just so love the raised glossiness and glamor of the game. Practically, everything sparks and gives light. Ray Tracing has now really been put into 5th gear.

The game was always breathtaking since launch, but now I have to be careful not to faint.

I wondered about Dakota's gigs or the gig offers in general. I've maxed street credit and have had to drive near the gig markers to trigger the phone calls. I initially thought RED changed the conditions...do this job and then you'll get this job later, but it seems to me that if I disabled unknown gigs on the map, I wouldn't be notified about a job. I know as SC leveled up, new gigs would be available, but I'm at level 50 and gigs like stealing the radar truck for Dakota aren't marked on my map. Plus I've driven out the see the car for sale across the road...

btw the I actual blew up the new ride from Rogue the orange "slick squirrel" as I call it. Never going call it up again

I've enjoyed the changes to driving, improvements all around.
I do have two critiques. I play on PC using mouse and keyboard except for the driving when I grab a controller. I think it's a pretty common practice. When I release the trigger for throttle it's like the car is actively braking. Very noticeable at lower speeds (cornering/parking).
The bigger issue (personal opinion) is the controller disconnect notice being drunken ex-lover levels of attention demanding. Stopping cut scenes and interrupting game play until you acknowledge it. Really immersion breaking and I would love a toggle in settings to disable that notice.

Small update regarding driving.

Car suspension make them more unique now.

Archer Quartz has very bouncy suspension now. Even from jumps (road going under a certain bridge is good one) it bounces back up into air from jump which is something to watch out if heading to Eastern direction as there's a curve. Its weight (rear engine) on the rear wheels feels somehow more pronounced now. Haven't driven it that much yet, but this appears to be fun challenging sporty vehicle. Will experiment more.

Thornton Colby C240T now lives up to its reputation (SMS regarding vehicle) and is my new favorite and plan to try it on street race. It now has body roll / weight transfer to front when braking making it easier to estimate braking thresholds and overall it feels like braking has been improved.

Last edited:
Update:

Did the first race of "The Beast" series with Thornton Colby C240T. I actually had to try few times to win. How embarrassing... But I think racing might be a bit better now. Unless you cheese the race by slowing down or stopping early during race (abusing AI rubber band to slow down) it was actually pretty good race as Colby C240T has quite limited top speed (133 Mph IIRC). I was using first person only and racing line mattered a lot. I had also a bit of issue with timing handbrake during turns and ended just going with interval braking instead. Car limits when cornering are very defines as you can tell from when it starts to go on two wheels you have found the limit. Hitting any bumps when cornering like that has terrible consequences though. I don't recommend that car for beginners, but for those who look for challenge it can be fun at least when there are lot's of turns and straight line speed isn't that much an issue.

Update:

The new Quandra Type-66 640 TS that is available as reward for completing all the GIG's for Dino is interesting though I wonder if it's just me. Differential during cornering. It's difficult to describe but it's like it's very efficient and for some reason it feels like it's much easier to find deceleration / cruising / acceleration points than with other Quandra Type-66 models.

It's not the top performer of Quadra's but that's actually a plus as it makes pretty good cruiser for exploring the City Center or anything in the city and it's perhaps a bit less outrageous looks compared to it's cousins may have appeal to fans of Ford Mustang Mach 1 and / or the first generation Chevrolet Camaro.

Chevillon Thrax and Villefort Cortes, I don't know if there's much new with these and that's a bit disappointing as I hoped CDPR would make either of those Front-Wheel Driven (as Cadillac Eldorado '67 or Seville and other models from mid to late '70's) as that might give a bit more options for cruisers for those who are on keyboard and as there's no Cardan/Joint axle tunnel despite FR design.

Top Bottom