fixers do not call to offer cars at all.

+
case in point - dakota.

i have entered badlands, got her first introductory call, played the game for at least 5 hours IRL doing various things, mostly clearing NCPD stuff and side jobs in japantown, then went to badlands again for an hour to play there, no calls for cars whatsoever. i need my coyote.

seems this patch desperately needs a hotfix for some fundamental broken stuff.

IMPROVEMENTS
  • Fixers will now message V to offer a car for purchase less often.
I don't know how less often it is, but you can try to go in other neighborhoods, maybe a fixer will call, which will unlock Dakota's call (when you don't get a call at all, going around Night City seems like a good idea).

I don't know how less often it is, but you can try to go in other neighborhoods, maybe a fixer will call, which will unlock Dakota's call (when you don't get a call at all, going around Night City seems like a good idea).
yeah i read the patch notes, but like i said, i played the game for a long time yesterday, about 5-6 hours of real time.

i also have close to 600 hours in the game, i know how these mechanics are supposed to work (or at least used to, before the got seemingly completely broken with the newest patch).

i have had zero calls. my character is level 26 with 39 streetcred. i should be getting the damn calls. this is completely game breaking stuff.

i wish they would have hotfixes for these things.

edit: also, vague patch notes like "less often" are pretty bad and stupid. we're not idiots, let us know what exactly is changed and how, otherwise we get issues like this one. i don't know if this is a bug or if it's just working as intended or what the hell are the triggers for the calls supposed to be now. it's SO FRUSTRATING.

i also have close to 600 hours in the game, i know how these mechanics are supposed to work (or at least used to, before the got seemingly completely broken with the newest patch).
Since CDPR has changed the way it works, whether you have 600 hours or 0, I don't see how that changes anything (it's new in 1.3...) So maybe you need to receive the call from a specific Fixer, to unlock the next one, and so on...
But hey, as you want, you can always report it if you think it's a bug, it's the best way to see a bug fixed (and at worst you'll get an answer that it works as expected).

Even easier fix: Let V call them and leave a message: I'm looking for a new ride. Then Dakota will call you back if you have enough street cred.
You don't even know how much I want something like this. People shouldn't just call you all the time offering you stuff, be it cars, gigs etc. V is new in town, V should be the one calling others, meeting with them, looking for work, new cars, items and so on.

Since CDPR has changed the way it works, whether you have 600 hours or 0, I don't see how that changes anything (it's new in 1.3...) So maybe you need to receive the call from a specific Fixer, to unlock the next one, and so on...
But hey, as you want, you can always report it if you think it's a bug, it's the best way to see a bug fixed (and at worst you'll get an answer that it works as expected).
true, agreed. had to vent :) more importantly tho, i was posting to see if anyone else has this issue.

true, agreed. had to vent :) more importantly tho, i was posting to see if anyone else has this issue.
Yep ;)
I didn't pay attention (I never buy a single car since my first playthrough in December). Even more now in 1.3, where money could become difficult to earn (valuable junk/alcohol nerf).
But after 75h in 1.3 (level 30 - Street Cred 50), I have "only" 10 cars available. But I have the very last one, the Aerondight from Wakako... (and Westbrook is probably the neighborhood where I had spend the less time...)
So I really don't know how that work :)

Yep ;)
I didn't pay attention (I never buy a single car since my first playthrough in December). Even more now in 1.3, where money could become difficult to earn (valuable junk/alcohol nerf).
But after 75h in 1.3 (level 30 - Street Cred 50), I have "only" 10 cars available. But I have the very last one, the Aerondight from Wakako... (and Westbrook is probably the neighborhood where I had spend the less time...)
So I really don't know how that work :)
seems it is based on the number of side gigs you do for the particular fixer. i stopped doing NCPD hustles and started doing side gigs in badlands and i started receiving the offers every 1-2 gigs.

YES! I love it! I was so annoyed by the cars quests, I have dozes of cars as it is with out even trying to get them.

YEAH!!!! Its a FEATUER not a bug!

Unfortunately for me they will probably fix this in the next patch if it is really a bug.

seems it is based on the number of side gigs you do for the particular fixer. i stopped doing NCPD hustles and started doing side gigs in badlands and i started receiving the offers every 1-2 gigs.
Yep I confirm, I have just finish the GIG for the Quadra Vtec (Padre). After finish it, Padre sent me 2 messages in a row or almost :)

You don't even know how much I want something like this. People shouldn't just call you all the time offering you stuff, be it cars, gigs etc. V is new in town, V should be the one calling others, meeting with them, looking for work, new cars, items and so on.

I recently started a new play-through and multiple fixers (Wakako and Dino) even mention "You need a ride, anything, call me". And then you never can. It's weird. Having them attached to side gigs will eventually break the game when your near max level V doesn't have anymore side gigs left in the badlands so V never gets a call about the bandit. :shrug:

There really should be a more immersive/different way of being able to buy vehicles from fixers. Getting bombarded by texts with vehicle you don't care about while you're waiting for the one you do want isn't fun either. I still don't get why they didn't attach the Database entries from the cars to the gigs like they did for the main story quests.

I understand the difficulty though as calling a fixer would make sense in-game, but a new player wouldn't know how a Kusanagi looks. So they have to attach a visual to it somehow. Which is what the text messages achieve.

I'd almost just redesign it to use a website instead. Some sort of hub where you can see vehicles and their estimate price. After you order one, a fixer messages you "hey V, I have located that bike you ordered, it's here".

Is this problem solved already? I started new game with 1.3, fixers never offer vehicle after Galena and Maimai even many jobs and gigs finished...
No need to fix "less often" because I'll buy when I want to buy. In addition to this, there're too many other bugs related to quest progress in 1.3.

I played some yesterday and i generaly get a text about the new cars. not as it was before where all texts came at the same time but much more slowely... Im already 50 SC so should have access too most but the list feels pretty short. Would be better to just have them popup in your quest list or just allways be there without needing a message too unlock it. Just req cash+SC when you buy it.

This is clearly broken. I don't get how this is not bothering anyone... a major part of the game is now inaccessible.

This is clearly broken. I don't get how this is not bothering anyone... a major part of the game is now inaccessible.
How it's "broken" ?
Maybe a bug on your save/game :(
So you have the requiered SC level and did at least one GIG for each fixers ?

did a gig for dakota smith still can't buy the gecko. SC requirement is 1. Just like ehera i can only buy the Galena and Maimai.

There are 2 reddit threads about the problem: "Fixers not contacting me to buy cars. CYBERPUNK 2077 Patch 1.3" and "Where are the messages from fixers about vehicles in patch 1.3?". Is there anyone who knows how to exactly unlock these quests now or who has unlocked all of them in a new playthrough in 1.3?

Honestly, I couldn't say exactly what level is required (the wiki is probably not up to date).
Because on my side, I don't do any GIG before level 40 so Street Cred at 50 since a good while (3rd playthrough in 1.3+). Basically I get no message and no vehicle available until I start doing the GIGs (I only use the Jackie's Arch).

Atcually, I finished Regina's GIGs and got all of her messages and vehicles. I have not yet finished those of Wakako (I only do this) and I have already received all of her messages (from the MaiMai to the Aerondight). No message/vehicle from the other Fixers.
So I don't really know :(

Anyway, at least you can send a report to CDPR Support with a save file (if you don't use mods obviously).
Maybe they will provide you tips or infos at least :)
(I don't know about the category, so maybe the "closest" one).

Top Bottom