Fixers the worst people in Cyberpunk? :)

+
you should trust your fixer, because location info or not, your life is in their hands.

Do you completely trust Wakako? Or Mr. Hands? Or Kirk? Not me. How well did trusting Dex work out?

Fixers set up the jobs, then once I'm briefed I want them out of the way. I'll call them when it's done or there are any complications. I played the CP2020 pen & paper game a *lot* in the 80s and 90s...on any given job, whether a fixer was trying to screw you or had a hidden angle was about 50/50.
Post automatically merged:

This is one where I accept there is some gameplay/story segregation. There are a lot of gigs, and many of them are shorter in nature. And they're all over the map. To play them "realistic" you would have to get a fixer call/make a fixer call, accept the job (closing out all the other jobs temporarily after you accept, because you're already doing a job for them), travel across the map to wherever, shoot five tyger claws or whatever, call back, deliver the goods, and complete.

Sounds cool until you cross the map fifty or sixty times with other gigs unavailable just to blast a couple gangbangers. Or when you have to work through gigs in a semi sequential manner - can't do B until A (or you reject A). So I'm willing to suspend my disbelief slightly in the name of convenience even if Wakkao isn't actually tracking V with location services.

Yeah, sounds almost as cool as fixers calling you every 30sec to sell you a car or give you some rando job while you're in the middle of something else, like an important convo or a gunfight. I'll take the realism. I don't mind driving around to complete jobs and get paid, I don't use fast travel in the game and drive/walk a lot anyway. I like the sense that I'm in control of the jobs I take, not the fixers.

I think we can ALL agree the car messages are obnoxious. Can't say I've had fixer calls pop up in the middle of other things, but mileage may vary I guess. (other than Delamain).

I think the real issue here is that there are not a lot of side gigs that are worthy of going through the full process. Waxing six dudes in an apartment in under 45 seconds has a hard time justify ten to fifteen minutes of gameplay. There would be two fixes for this:

A) Make bigger, more engaging side gigs that could justify going through the whole meet-legwork-approach-resolve-collect framework.

B) Make the business deadlier to the point where a firefight with six dudes is not just drag and click - given this is an ARPG, that seems very unikely.

all I have to say; fixers are crooks. you have a 50 reputation, she/he pays you like a newbie. and he has the audacity to sell you expensive cars. "for a good price"; is this a joke?
in my opinion; just cars dealers.

Some of the fixers really get on my nerves. Regina and Mr. Hands mostly. This is how I see them operating.

They put them selves out there as contractors for jobs. Then they subcontract you and put a bunch of rules on the job and get all nasty ass with you, then pay you $1000.00 eddies for putting your ass on the line. Pft..... Sod off.

At least Wakako makes no bones about who she is and what she does and she rewards well.

Last edited:
Some of the fixers really get on my nerves. Regina and Mr. Hands mostly. This is how I see them operating.

They put them selves out there as contractors for jobs. Then they subcontract you and put a bunch of rules on the job and get all nasty ass with you, then pay you $1000.00 eddies for putting your ass on the line. Pft..... Sod off.

At least Wakako makes no bones about who she is and what she does and she rewards well.
well, the person who hired them has terms. Honestly they should refuse to pay you more, if you don't do what the job asks, and they find out. But they probably didnt want to make players feel like they wasted their time.

I butcher street kids constantly, I have butchered in the thousands.. no one is gonna be more evil than I am in the city... so the fixers being evil is just hilarious.

Honestly though, this is just one massive streetgang buthcery

the only gun is really overture + silencer = gg. very hard should be the easy one and they need a massive rework (c'mon modders) to totally redesign the game for some form of resistance.

Top Bottom