Fixing phone call bug

+
I was stuck in a Wakako phone call for 3 months now, I gave up the game during my first playthrough, 70 hours in, maybe half way through.

Wakako would call me up, appear in a video call at the top left, and not speak at all. For the game "I was in a phone call", so most actions would not work, for example I could not save, some in game actions like pressing "F" to select a dialogue option would be grayed out etc etc.

I am guessing this will work for ALL bugged phone calls from all NPCs. 2 solutions:

First solution) Editing the save file (this is how I solved my problem)
- Download the application " Save Editor (Project CyberCAT-SimpleGUI) "
- Unzip the application
- With Windows Explorer, go to C:\Users\{your_username}\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\
- Find your latest Save folder (order by Date Modified if needed)
- Make a backup copy of your sav.dat file
- Run the Save Editor application
- Click the "Load Save" button on the top left and go to the folder of you last save, open sav.dat
- Click on the "Quest Facts" button on the left bar
- It shows all save values, click on the "Name" column to order all contents by parameter names
- Scroll down until you find the "holo_{npc_name}_calls_v_start_done" name. It 's value will be "0", change it to "1"
For example, for me I had to find the parameter "holo_wakako_calls_v_start_done"
- Click on the "Save changes" button on the bottom left.
- Run the game and load the edited save game.
- When the phone call is made (from Wakako) it will insta-hung it up.
For me it actually progressed the dialogue with Wakako - she gave me the side quest "Sinnerman". I don't know if this was the intended action from the game (Wakako was trying to give me this side quest)) and it helped to progress it, I 'm guessing so.

Second solution) Using a console command to hung up the phone (not tested)
- I actually got the idea for the save file from the help forum of a console commands mod. User krongfah used console commands in this mod to hung-up the phone many times for Delamain.
- The console command was: Game.SetDebugFact("holo_delamain_calls_v_start_done", 1) , so you can see the similarities in the parameter value we want to change. This is though done during runtime by changing the value, where as in the save game solution we have already altered the value and the game finds it already modified and acts on it.

I did not want to get involved in moding the game, so the first solution was an easier solution for me. I immediately saved the game in a new save file and now I 'm ready to play the game after waiting for 3 months and no solution at all.

I hope it works for you too.

Guest 4562851

Wow, thank you man, you're my hero! Stuck for months witn call panam bug untill i found your method.

For me helped changing param holo_v_calls_panam_start_activate for 1 in my save and boom, after loading the game v calls panam!

Again biug thanks for sharing and given the directions where to dig.

p.s. what a big pile of sh*t this game is

I 'm happy for you!

Thanks for sharing, it 's easy to edit a value, and with your feedback players can try equivalent parameters in the same NPC group to get the result done.

doesn't work.
As this issue stems from no less then 9 months ago, and the fact that it seemingly hasn't been reported since, tells me that it has been fully mended. If it's still apparent in your game, would suggest for you to fully delete the Cyberpunk 2077 folder, which, if you're on Steam, can be found here,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077

select, "Uninstall", on Steam, install the game again, and start a brand new playthrough with a brand new game save.

In my case the above solution did not fully work but a variation of it did.

Some background:
My phone icon was red and I could not open the phone to make calls. I also stopped receiving calls. I did not have a stuck call box in the top left corner (as many have reported) so this may not work for that.

Resolution:
As mentioned above, use the save editor and sort the parameters in the save file alphabetically. Then, locate all parameter names in the save file that start with "halo_" and end with "_activate" and set them to zero including "halo_activate".

Also, I adjusted the values of the "_start_count" and "_end_count" to be equal for each npc as an extra measure. In my case one npc had a "start_count" of 3 and "end_count" of 2, so I set both to 2.

I am not sure which one of these corrected the issue as this was a last ditch effort. After saving and loading the game, I received around 10 calls and the phone turned blue again and have been using it since. Thank you OP as I would have never figured this out without your post.

Last edited:
My personal fix to this was a simple, i didn't complete delamain's quest. Basically how mine went, i beat every mission, a.k.a side missions, got a mission for r3n0, couldn't fix it. looked around in here, got nothing. since this is top of the search ill give out my findings. I found a delamain car, which forces a call. and that fixxed my "unable to call" a.k.a red phone, hope this helps. i didn't do delmain's quest because i didn't need his free car since file edits exist and can give myself a rayfield basically the start of the game. to speed up my journey.

Top Bottom