Fixing shadow pop-in while preserving interior sunlight effects

+
Hello everyone,

So I've tried the fix listed in the stickied compendium of fixes and tweaks (the CascadeShadowDistanceScale values), and it does fix shadows popping in at close range, however it removes the effect of sunlight being cast on surfaces within interiors (and exteriors, but it's less noticeable). I love this atmospheric effect and I think I'd rather have this than no shadow pop-in, but obviously I'd like to have both....I just don't know how, or if it's even possible....

At default ultra shadow values, the sunlight effect is replaced by shadows at close range. With the compendium values, it seems like it "pushes" this effect out from Geralt. This makes it seem like improving shadow pop-in can only make the sunlight effect worse and vice versa, so maybe a balance between the two is the only option. However the before/after pictures in the compendium make it seem like it is possible to have both.

I didn't have any luck with tweaking the shadow values myself, but then again I don't really know the specifics of the values I'm editing. Does anyone know what my shadow values should be to remove shadow pop-in without taking away from the sunlight effect cast on surfaces?

Thanks for any help!

Top Bottom