Flame Thrower Arm

+
I wants it.

And roller blades like Inspector Gadget - he's cyberpunk hardcore-eth

That does sound very cool. Sort of a Star Wars bounty hunter style thing (and no, not just from The Mandalorian, it's been around for decades).

ajarn

Forum regular
Why just arms?
Let's be more creative!

"Space Truckers" 1996 kind of creative ^^

I say no, you see them quite often in games and not to mention Cyberpunk has alot of other cool stuff to add. Isnt it Far Cry series where you can really burn stuff. Im playing RDR2 too atm, and I throw Fire Potions everywhere too. Flame isnt that cool.

For example this sounds quite cool

"Popup Gun: This is a standard automatic handgun concealed in a cyberarm. The action is mounted inside a popup housing which is covered when not in use. For this reason, you must always remember to uncover your arm when using a popup. Clips are inserted in the side of the action, popup guns are designed to use caseless ammunition only. The size of the cyberarm (based on Body Type) limits the size of weapon which may be mounted (similar to hidden holsters). Note you may elect to mount any pistol of the correct size listed in the Outfitting section. A light SMG equals a Med pistol and a medium SMG equals a Hvy Pistol for this purpose. "

From a certain point, I can see why a flamethrower would be a nice "Holdout" feature, If you wanted to surprise someone, Maybe ward off a thug with a bat, Or take on someone covered in heavy armor, And remember a flamethrower is a great way to intimidate people,

However certain considerations have to be made, Such as the range, In a small room it's effective, But in a large warehouse forget it,

Then you have to think about refueling the darn thing, And worry about whether it could leak and ignite your arm into a fireball if some gutterpunk gets lucky and manages to shoots you in the arm,

Plus on the streets people will remember a flamethrower, And you better believe that the Corps will too,

I think that practically though a Cyberarm that has a shotgun built into it would be the safer bet, You could be economical and buy ammo for both your cyberarm and your main gun,

It'll also clear a small room just as effectively and you won't have to worry about setting yourself on fire either, Best of all, If they try to rush you when you are reloading then Bam, out comes the shotty arm, to punish them for their assuming natures,

Shotguns are also really noisy and intimidating, and common enough for a corp not to notice, Not like a flamethrower that is, But I am a more subtle kind of guy, And a flamethrower could set the place you are currently doing a run on fire too.

However certain considerations have to be made, Such as the range, In a small room it's effective, But in a large warehouse forget it,
That's the same misconception as shotgun range in video games - both of these weapons have at least twice if not thrice longer effective range (compared to what you see in video games). Yet a flamethrower would suffer significantly from the lack of a large fuel backpack or other storage.

Even though, I like the idea, and even a large effective range (should we get one) would be some real fun. I mean, we can explain the storage with fuel tanks in the user's thighs and lower abdomen or something. Hell, imagine an enemy type like that, exploding and lighting everything around themselves if you know where to shoot and have ammunition powerful enough. That could even work both ways - say, you get scanned or use the flamethrower, they know you got one and go for your legs to blow you up, essentially making it way harder for you and forcing you to think when to and not to use that.

I mean, we can explain the storage with fuel tanks in the user's thighs and lower abdomen or something.

Never did think of putting the fuel tanks there, But why stop there?

Why not have people breathing flames via some sort of "Fuel reserve pouch" near their lungs, I know some games that use spitting venom as an assassination option with bioware, We could probably do the same with the right cyberware, Insulate the throat lining or something,

Then before you know it we've got gangs of dragon-punks breathing fire on police looking like medieval knights with all that fire retardent body armor they'll have to put on.

Spitting venom is much more, let's say practical and possible than any type of flamethrower.

You can be immune on venom, so even if some lucky shoot destroy your venom veils and venom enter in your blood if you immune, you still can fight and function.

If some lucky shoot destroy your fuel tank and ignite him you are in big big problems, you will be set on fire or even explode.
Also cyberware will be same size as your normal arms, just instead of muscles and bone you will have mechanical, parts in it not a lot of free empty space to store stuff like fuel tank.

Muh, flame thrower from your hand isn't as cool as one can think. They have short range, and anyone can dodge the darn thing.

Unless you can turn the heat tis way!

CapitalThatJaguarundi-max-1mb.gif

Beside, considering how they are going big on the mantis blade...

Doubt we get anything else there.

I'm surprised, the mantis are real under the skin. Nobody heard of Lightsaber like? Holo blades that don't take space?

Any blade that is energy based like Lightsaber would require a lot of power, you would need mini nuclear plant in your arm or body.

Mantis Blades are more inside your arm, since your arm open up fully, and blade assemble them self.

I hope Razor claws are in game too, not just Mantis Blades.

Top Bottom