Flashing squares and cirles during the game

+
Hello everyone!
The problem shows up after I updated my AMD driver to 19.5.2. I updated because when windows game mode was enabled and the little window shows up when I launch any game. It caused lagg 1 FPS In games and in my desktop.
So I will add a video.
My specs:
VGA: MSI ARMOR RX580 8G
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 1x8GB 3000mhz
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 500W BN297 (500W)
Motherboard: Asrock A320M Pro4
Monitor: Benq XL2411 with DVI-D cable
The Witcher 3 is installed on D disk

Video about it:

Judging from your description, it looks like the problem is only caused by the new GPU update. In that case, the most likely solution is rolling back to the previous driver version and wait until an AMD driver comes out that works better with the game.

There's no going to be a new patch for TW3 anytime soon. I don't know if anyone in the AMD forums might have a solution for that or perhaps if the issues are caused by some new driver feature. But I don't have an AMD GPU, so it's hard to tell for me.

Judging from your description, it looks like the problem is only caused by the new GPU update. In that case, the most likely solution is rolling back to the previous driver version and wait until an AMD driver comes out that works better with the game.

There's no going to be a new patch for TW3 anytime soon. I don't know if anyone in the AMD forums might have a solution for that or perhaps if the issues are caused by some new driver feature. But I don't have an AMD GPU, so it's hard to tell for me.
Hello thanks for your answer, but I don't know which version I had before, but now I have 19.5.2 and 19.8.1 is the newest. Before I installed, 19.5.2 was Recommened, and for 19.8.1 was Optional.
Should I give a try for the newest? Anything can go wrong? Or I should just research the previous version?

I don't think anything can go wrong if you try out different driver versions (at least not under normal circumstances). So yeah, maybe it's worth checking out the newest version first, before rolling back to a previous version of the driver.

I've installed the newest driver, version 19.8.1, but I still have the problem. :(
Is uninstalling MSI afterburner can help?
Post automatically merged:

I don't think anything can go wrong if you try out different driver versions (at least not under normal circumstances). So yeah, maybe it's worth checking out the newest version first, before rolling back to a previous version of the driver.
I've installed the newest driver, version 19.8.1, but I still have the problem. :(
Is uninstalling MSI afterburner can help?

That is some really funky stuff! Fortunately, it doesn't look like artifacting or anything. I'd say it is almost certainly driver-related. Still, using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

I doubt Afterburner will have anything to do with it, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try. If using any overclocking, be sure to disable that.

I'd say rolling back, a few versions of the GPU drivers would be the best bet -- especially if the problem was not occurring before. Just be sure to clean the old ones out using DDU before installing an older version. (No need to worry about that if you're upgrading, only if you roll-back.) Also, be sure you use the CLEAN installation option.

That is some really funky stuff! Fortunately, it doesn't look like artifacting or anything. I'd say it is almost certainly driver-related. Still, using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

I doubt Afterburner will have anything to do with it, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try. If using any overclocking, be sure to disable that.

I'd say rolling back, a few versions of the GPU drivers would be the best bet -- especially if the problem was not occurring before. Just be sure to clean the old ones out using DDU before installing an older version. (No need to worry about that if you're upgrading, only if you roll-back.) Also, be sure you use the CLEAN installation option.
I can't roll it back, I can't click on it. And I don't know which driver version I had before 19.5.2.
Post automatically merged:

I can't roll it back, I can't click on it. And I don't know which driver version I had before 19.5.2.
Any stuff I can change in the game's folder?

I'm not sure what you mean here. What can you not click on?

What you want to do is download an older, archived version of the drivers directly through AMD.com. You may have to search for them, but they'll be there. Just be sure the version you download was released after the RX580. Use that utility that I linked above to remove the drivers you presently have. Then, you'll simply install the older drivers you downloaded using the "clean" option, which will delete your configuration profiles and ensure everything is running at defaults.

(It may take a few tries to find a version that works. If the one you initially download doesn't, try another one. If the problem persists through 3 or 4 versions, then it might be a much more particular issue. Although, I'd be quite surprised if it doesn't wind up being either drivers or mods.)

Any stuff I can change in the game's folder?

If you mean tweaking files or settings, I would avoid doing anything like that. Best bet is to return the game to as vanilla an installation as you can.

In that regard, what about mods in the past? Have you ever used any?

I'm not sure what you mean here. What can you not click on?

What you want to do is download an older, archived version of the drivers directly through AMD.com. You may have to search for them, but they'll be there. Just be sure the version you download was released after the RX580. Use that utility that I linked above to remove the drivers you presently have. Then, you'll simply install the older drivers you downloaded using the "clean" option, which will delete your configuration profiles and ensure everything is running at defaults.

(It may take a few tries to find a version that works. If the one you initially download doesn't, try another one. If the problem persists through 3 or 4 versions, then it might be a much more particular issue. Although, I'd be quite surprised if it doesn't wind up being either drivers or mods.)

If you mean tweaking files or settings, I would avoid doing anything like that. Best bet is to return the game to as vanilla an installation as you can.

In that regard, what about mods in the past? Have you ever used any?
No, I don't used any mods.
More info:
Windows 10 Pro version 1903
I bought Witcher 3 on Steam
I veryfied the files several times

Top Bottom