Flex your reward tree progress...how long takes to get to specific points

+
I was wondering recently, whether my main motivation to play is the joy of playing....or specific gamification design of the Reward Book.

I started with Beta, got +2000 game hours, unlocked extra RPs for quests, and rewards...and still - it looks like a chore to finish.

My status of Reward Book:
- main page factions complete, but with just 2 seasonal complete.
- Year of the Wild Boar - the most tedious page to complete - recently finished.
- Year of the Wererat - just couple of points.
- Year of the Great Oak - not touched

Maybe, just maybe, I might have a chance to finish The Wererat this year.

It`s a blessing, that they`ve stopped inflating Yearly Rewards pages, because finishing another Boar would be almost impossible.

That made me wonder - what if there was an option to trade scraps for keys - like 10k scraps for 1 key.
Even an unfair ratio would be better than having tons of useless scraps - every rpg perfectionist will agree ;)

What is your progress then ?
Any chances of finishing this lifetime ? :D

DRK3

Forum veteran
Got all from the main page.
Got about half of the season rotating ones.
In the Year of Wild Boar page, im only missing one (Meve, because i already got her avatar from thronebreaker), plus all the syndicate leaders (who i dislike) except Gudrun.
Year of Wererat is complete.
Year of great oak im missing that horn thingie page, i think they built that one for new players, no rewards are interesting to me there.

Unlocked everything (not so long ago, but I already have 176 spare RPs) - including seasonal trees from the last year and the year before that. I really hope there will be a way to put those RPs to some use - I believe there are people who unlocked everything long ago and have accumulated thousands of now useless RPs.

Unlocked everything (not so long ago, but I already have 176 spare RPs)....
:giveup:

Damn ! How many hours/day do you play gwent ?!

Anyway, congrats ! :beer:

(Just hope I'll unlock everything one day, even if it take me some decade... :sad:)

:giveup:

Damn ! How many hours/day do you play gwent ?!

Anyway, congrats ! :beer:

(Just hope I'll unlock everything one day, even if it take me some decade... :sad:)
Well, I play like 10 games a day top (so like 1-2 hours?), and just every second or third day lately. It's just that I'm here since closed beta and was aiming for the RP daily quests (neutrals/unifs/specials/artifacts) since they were introduced.
Higher prestige ranks give yoh bonus RPx for daily quests and even sometimes for GGs you receive. Plus journeys give you a lot of points (even without premium). So it definitely won't take you too long. :)

Last edited:
I have played Gwent for the last 15 months (since April last year), and I have unlocked practically everything. In the beginning, I didn't bother with the seasonal trees because I didn't know they would come back next year, and at that moment, it felt like wasting RPs. However, two seasons ago, I unlocked the Stalwart Leadership tree, the last tree on my Reward Board and decided to turn to the seasonal ones.

Currently, I have 150Rps waiting for the next season. I haven't touched two new trees (She Who Knows and Duchess of Dol Blathanna) yet. I think I could open them both right now, but I prefer focusing on the seasonals in the first place. Perhaps when I reach 300 RPs this season (which is not at all improbable), I will consider opening one of them. If not, they can wait, no rush.

As many people before have mentioned, it would be great if there was a mechanism to convert resources and reward points into other things. At the moment, I am sitting on 120k of scraps. I have almost all cards, I miss maybe 10, and scraps are no longer that useful. Perhaps one day that issue will be addressed.

I get all the seasonals.

First page almost complete (in fact i have already RPs enought to complete the front page).

Second page i must have ike 25% completed.

The other 2 pages i almost didnt touch in it, but have unlock one or 2 trees

Around 1000 hours gametime.
Started with the second page "Wild boar" (finished), on to my favorite factions on the other pages (SYN, SK). Finished "Great Oak" on Page 4 (not for long ... until next set) and the "Master Mirror" Trees on Page 3. On the first page I finished the trees for NG and SK (complete) and all the faction trees (not the leaders). Right now I am going for MO.
For the monthly trees I finished all the "new" ones with the nice cardbacks. The old ones I won't try because of some hard quests like "Win 18 rounds with a lead of at least 20 points".

"Win 18 rounds with a lead of at least 20 points" is not really that hard. It takes some time, I grant you that, but it is perfectly doable. I unlocked it this season, and I did mostly by playing some less powerful decks in the training mode. However, achieving this in the Standard mode is also quite likely. For example, when you play hyperthin decks, putting more than 20 points on board in one turn and seeing your opponent pass is quite normal. I think you should give it a try; you will be surprised by how quickly you unlock it.

P.S

Syndicate is also one of my favourite factions!

I completed the objective by basically throwing matches to win rounds. If your opponent passes, keep playing until you have the required lead,

Today i finished the last reward tree. So i have everything (including seasonal trees). It took me over 2k hours :)

Today i finished the last reward tree. So i have everything (including seasonal trees). It took me over 2k hours :)
wow, I`ve played more than 2k hours, but I`m so far from finish line.

perhaps, it was that most of my playtime was in beta :shrug:

rrc

Forum veteran
I completed all the reward books last week and when I did, I had some < 90 RP left. I had completed all cardback seasonal tress from last year (and ONLY a select few border tree.. borders don't appeal to me much except for the Dragon border). This year, only a few seasonal trees I completed as I dont like most of the cardback from the recent seasonal trees (compared to last year - or last to last year, the newer seasonal cardbacks are just meh). Apart from that all main trees have been finished. I think I have close to 2.2k hours in Gwent :eek:

rb-main.jpg

tb-werecat.jpg
rb-oak.jpg
rb-new-player.jpg
rb-boar.jpg

As a new player, knowing that I'll hit a wall where my points are useless is kinda dismotivating.
I know it's a looong way before that happens, but maybe they could create exclusive cosmetic stuff that you can buy with those extra points?

As a new player, knowing that I'll hit a wall where my points are useless is kinda dismotivating.
I know it's a looong way before that happens, but maybe they could create exclusive cosmetic stuff that you can buy with those extra points?
Hold your horses. I`ve got more than 2,2k hours gameplay, half in beta, still did not a point spent in the Year of Oak tab, Tutorial tab, some seasonal trees not yet completed - it takes a lot of points to do it.

Hold your horses. I`ve got more than 2,2k hours gameplay, half in beta, still did not a point spent in the Year of Oak tab, Tutorial tab, some seasonal trees not yet completed - it takes a lot of points to do it.
Exactly, you won't get there in a month or even a year. I have 1800+ hours on my clock, and only recently have I unlocked all the main trees. I still have some seasonals to complete. Just take it easy, there is no rush at all. Eventually, you will unlock everything, but maybe by that time, they will introduce some way to spend those extra RPs.

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, this is like a young kid saying "Eventually I will die one day and it is demotivating.. I hope by the time I am in my old age, I will find a new hobby to spend time with" :p

All good things come to an end. As you yourself mentioned, it is a LOOOONGGGG way to go and there is no point in thinking what would you do with RPs after you finish all the reward trees. You may even quit the game long before you are half way into the reward trees. So, just enjoy the journey of filling the reward trees and don't worry about excess reward points which may not even happen.

Top Bottom