Floating textures in Velen's bridget are still existed? is this normal?

+
Just Like my title, is this normal? Situation is explained in my attached files included the location on the world map.

Have been search the web, a lot of people have the same issue, but none of anyone has a solution.

Isn't this a four years old game? Why these kinds of silly issues still persist?

I thought it was my mods which caused it, but no。 Have been stayed up all night without a good sleep debugging a your game without being paid. Tired.

Attachments

• 2019-07-15_141902.jpg
    2019-07-15_141902.jpg
    710.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 2019-07-15_141930.jpg
    2019-07-15_141930.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 2019-07-15_141948.jpg
    2019-07-15_141948.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 2019-07-15_142109.jpg
    2019-07-15_142109.jpg
    940.1 KB · Views: 145
To be honest, I don‘t see an issue with the screenshot. Doesn‘t really look floating to me.

Geralt's boots' textures become "GROUND TEXTURE" COMPLETELY!!!

Attachments

• 2019-07-15_141930.jpg
    2019-07-15_141930.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
The older a game is the more issues can happen with it. New hardware is released, windows changes... things like that can cause issues over time. Just because it’s an older game doesn’t mean it is more polished. Also mods can mess things up even after they are removed. Besides, TW3 comes with a huge and complex open world and minor technical issues can happen once in a while.

Sild

Ex-moderator
I can't guarantee any results but know that your issue has been passed on. In the meantime perhaps other users could offer some advice. I'm curious, does the issue persist no matter the location? or is it limited to that area you highlighted?

Video:
Post automatically merged:

For now it only limited in this area. Don't know if there are other location has the same issue.

Just wondering, does this happen on your computer too? I guess, you guys all have this game installed on your computer.

For a different game set with no mods, different computer, does this happens to you guys too?

Sild

Ex-moderator
Video:

For now it only limited in this area. Don't know if there are other location has the same issue.

Seems to be restricted to that area. Interesting. A minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience nevertheless.

Just wondering, does this happen on your computer too? I guess, you guys all have this game installed on your computer.

For a different game set with no mods, different computer, does this happens to you guys too?

I can't remember it happening, even if it did, i probably didn't pay it much thought, minor glitcher are bound to happen in any game, espeially big open world ones like The Witcher 3 or Skyrim. I'll try it out once i get home and let you know.

Sigh....did I type anything wrong again?

I am just wondering if you guys have the game installed . Do you care to load a save and teleport to this place and see if you guys have the same issue?

If not, probably it is on my end. if the same issue is on your end's game and computer too, it might probably be vanilla

You guys get to choose to fix it or not. But At least I can have my answer.

I have tried uninstalled all the mods with a clean set, load other people's save game and teleport to the same place. It still has the same issue.

So far, I only see "this kind" of problem on this location. Other place has other issues"to me" though, that is another story for another day.

To Sild

Alright, thanks for your time, appreciated.

Last edited:
No, it's alright :)

Sadly, I don't really have the game installed at the moment (and my save games from my previous three playthroughs are all on a broken PC), so I can't really test it myself. I don't recall having an issue in that area, but that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't there. As mentioned before, in TW3 smaller issues are to be expected in some areas. It's best to not focus too much on that.

Btw. did you try different shoes?

Yeah,I did. Sigh.

Your game is so beautiful, that is why when some issues like this pop up, it suddenly caught all my attention because somehow It broke the enjoyment of your beautiful game.

That means your game is really close to perfection.

I happen to have the game installed, and can confirm that the texture in this spot is, indeed, floating. From what I can see, it's a mud or dirt texture with transparency, overlaying the ground texture at a slightly higher level. To be perfectly honest, this is a fairly minor graphical point. In a game of this size, with so many different visual elements, the developers simply couldn't catch them all. I know they tried for the better part of three years, but, ultimately, some details either could not be addressed, or passed unnoticed, before the developers needed to shift their attentions over to their other titles.

I happen to have the game installed, and can confirm that the texture in this spot is, indeed, floating. From what I can see, it's a mud or dirt texture with transparency, overlaying the ground texture at a slightly higher level. To be perfectly honest, this is a fairly minor graphical point. In a game of this size, with so many different visual elements, the developers simply couldn't catch them all. I know they tried for the better part of three years, but, ultimately, some details either could not be addressed, or passed unnoticed, before the developers needed to shift their attentions over to their other titles.

Alright, just wanted to know I am not alone, and my modded game is fine. Thanks for the reply. :)

It is still surprised though, it hasn't been patched :/

Thank you Again!!!

Last edited:
This is a known vanilla issue and it is ALL OVER the game. It's literally everywhere. Just go around looking for this and you will find it.

Don't obsess over this. You can't change it, nor will anyone ever fix this.

What I think this is:
Let's say they got a ground texture that looks like sand. They wanted to make it look as though it's a sandy dirt road, so they placed the sand texture, and then overlayed a rocky dirt track texture which they made 80% transparent. Unfortunately, quite often in the game, that second layer transparent texture seems to have been placed way too high above the first layer.
Either that or it's a technical issue with the terrain, and how textures are placed. Who knows. Certainly not me. But

Top Bottom