Flying vehicles are going to be a thing + potential multiplayer feature?

+
Someone has managed to find a semi functioning flying vehicle where you can sit in. It appears it's been an accessible vehicle since the launch but hasn't really come in public sphere.

There's clearly a lot of seats in the vehicle just like if you were to sit in passengers seat in helicopter in games like Battlefield. Also there's animations for opening and closing the doors, so I'm quite sure this could be something we might see in the upcoming multiplayer implementation as a feature.

There's option to "switch camera" which could actually mean to switching seat in future and play the radio could be accessible for anyone who is in the drivers seat. Also it briefly shows the car driving stance upon entering, so I don't think it's really an accident. There's never been a "glitch" (so far as I know) that during a normal quest you'd see yourself temporarily driving. This seems like something that originally places you as a driver of the AV but there's a check in the code that disables that functionality.

There's could be still a lot of work missing to make them viable, and I don't think they're ready to fly in next big update (which I assume is coming up this or next month).

Clearly cockpit has a lot of fine detail put into it and clearly wouldn't have been there if it all was just scrapped feature entirely and nobody was never meant to gain access to drivers seat.

Definitely going to be exited to see what this game will turn out even before when multiplayer is going to get introduced in future, like many have been long speculating with the acquisition of multiplayer specialized company along with certain "leaks" with multiplayer features.

It always could be this is a feature that was far more developed that got postponed due to rushed launch, so I think it could be something CDPR definitely might want to be finished before the official re-release for next generation consoles in second half of 2021.

Also there was some other information that is publicly available (I think) that they recently changed server capacity to allow the game expand over 100 GB storage space in multiple stores... so maybe there could be some gigantic content dump on the way.

Last edited:
Looks like a DLC activator to me. Like other games with DLC sectors "off map", they have a transition point to take you to the new area. This looks like the same thing just inactive for now.

There's clearly a lot of seats in the vehicle just like if you were to sit in passengers seat in helicopter in games like Battlefield. Also there's animations for opening and closing the doors, so I'm quite sure this could be something we might see in the upcoming multiplayer implementation as a feature.
The multiplayer version has been cancelled as far as I know. But may have been intended for that at some point or based on the video, it seems more like some left over stuff from some never implemented feature that they forgot to remove.

Looks like a DLC activator to me. Like other games with DLC sectors "off map", they have a transition point to take you to the new area. This looks like the same thing just inactive for now.
you mean like taking a plane in gta to get to the island heist map? hmm could be interessting...

Top Bottom