Focus on DLC or Missing Features?

+

DLC or Missing Features?

• DLC

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Missing Features

Votes: 67 88.2%

• Total voters
Hello! First-time poster here! I was just curious to get everyone's opinion on this... Imagine the bugs are patched out and we have a playable base game. Assuming that is completed, would you want CDPR to focus on DLC or perhaps focus on giving us promised/missing features? I'm very interested to hear what everyone thinks. Share what feature you want back!

Last edited:
Features. They'll never actually be done fixing bugs in this game. Fallout New Vegas still has things to be fixed, after over ten years of a community working on it. If I had any modders' tools in front of me, I'd be fixing stuff right now. Hovering containers and landscape rocks tick me off.

I've posted this on multiple threads comes from other people hoping someone high up will read this let me know what u guys think about the missing features
- fix bugs
- fix AI wanted system (police teleportation behind your back is bad)
- adjust NPC AI
- add bounty system (after killing too many gangmembers some serious powered up bounty hunter starts hunting you)
- rebalance builds (quickhack OP , melee OP, tech weapons that shoot through half the city block OP)
- add cooldown on healing (now you can spam heal and be god mode)
- more JOYTOYS (2 joytoys in whole Night City is unacceptable)
- add more resistance and status effects to BOSS fights.
- add more variety of GIGS (i love those, some of them are better than main quests)
- add the ability to change appearance mid game (i wanna change haircut, want to change tattoos)
- adjust driving physics (some cars slide too much and you can kill pedestrians too easy)
- add various side activities (poker, blackjack, arcade cabinets, pachinkos, bowling, shogi)
- add more NPC that i can romance (ability to romance new npc from side quests)
- ability to sit down at most restaurants and eat food at most vendors (i prefer to see animation when i eat at restaurant)
- street cred needs more functions (maybe weaklings low level gang members should run away from you?)
- netrunner battle (would be nice Netrunner vs Netrunner battle of hackers minigame similar to Gwent)
- ability to do boxing side activies not tied to the story - loosen up censoreship (Witcher 3 spoiled us)
- storage inventory needs categories
- lifepaths need more impact
- ability to use braindace in free roam (wanna see those BD's)
- ability to continue after ending "more repetitive content"
- Augument color customization "we want diff arm colors"
-Night vision, thermal vision
- More romance options
- ability to sleep in other houses / get new cribs
- metro system,cab system "doubt any of this will ever happen"
- Knife retrivable

Features. They'll never actually be done fixing bugs in this game. Fallout New Vegas still has things to be fixed, after over ten years of a community working on it. If I had any modders' tools in front of me, I'd be fixing stuff right now. Hovering containers and landscape rocks tick me off.

Yeah, I know that some basic tools are floating the nexus right now, I think. I'm not sure how mod-friendly the engine is, I hope it is because it seems pretty (sadly) par for the course for modders to clean up the mess these days. But I'm hopeful for some great things from the modding community. Hell, Witcher 3 has some great mods, and can only hope for the same with CP2077.

This one is tough for me, because I think some of the missing features will be implemented with DLC, especially if they do a good job and really listen to what the people have to say. I guess I'd like them to focus on DLC, my favourite part about this game is the story and the characters, sadly I don't think we got enough of either and especially didn't get enough of the characters (particularly our friends/romance options). I want the DLC's to expand on that more than I want all the small little features. Most of them just sound like novelty to me anyways.

Features.

Why give me a game that is empty and broken, and expect me to buy into DLC to pay more for an experience I should have gotten in the base game?

I said the same thing about SwSh from Game Freak. I’m not paying extra to get all the things you should have put in the base game but wanted to squeeze more money out of your product.

In terms of CDPR, they need to give me a full game that meets every promise they made about it prior to launch before they even think about pushing DLC. According to CDPR, DLC will be free anyway, but:

1) They need to focus on the base game anyway

2) If they try for paid DLC I won’t be surprised at all, given how many times they’ve walked back on their word so far with 2077.

The focus should be on missing features.

Remove censorship
Slider-based character customization
Haircuts and plastic surgeons
Customizable rides
Customizable homes
Ability to call a cab and the Delamain cab given after his quests should drive you around for free (and have a turret)
More racing
More boxing
Flashlights, night vision, infrared

Last edited:
YES!!! Did it feel kinda rushed to you, too? I was hoping for a slower burn, I guess? Maybe The Mass Effect series has just spoiled me in terms of romance and friendships....
Yes I 100% felt it too, it sucks because all of them are written so well and they all really have good personalities. They bring a lot of life and really humanize your experience... for like 2 missions lol, then they all become mannequins </3
Post automatically merged:

And also maybe I'm less interested in features because I feel as though PC can count on the modding community to fix and add a lot of cool neat little things to make the game "pop" more

- fix AI wanted system (police teleportation behind your back is bad)
- adjust NPC AI
- add bounty system (after killing too many gangmembers some serious powered up bounty hunter starts hunting you)
Absolutely.... I hate that I can walk down the block and be gone with the wind. ALLOW ME TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES OF MY ACTIONS!!! lol

- more JOYTOYS (2 joytoys in whole Night City is unacceptable)
Yeah, I doubt that in this setting it is a dying profession lol Or let me go back to Clouds even! Where even are Angel and Skye after all that!?

- add more variety of GIGS (i love those, some of them are better than main quests)
Definitely, can't get enough... kinda helps with building more relationships, too

- add the ability to change appearance mid game (i wanna change haircut, want to change tattoos)
Obviously agree lol

- adjust driving physics (some cars slide too much and you can kill pedestrians too easy)
I hate that they all handle like boats.... I can't even use cars, I exclusively use motorcycles because cars are so bad...

- add various side activities (poker, blackjack, arcade cabinets, pachinkos, bowling, shogi)
Yepp.... the world is basically dead... Racing with Claire is like the only taste of side activities you get and I loved it and want more

- add more NPC that i can romance (ability to romance new npc from side quests)
Claire... Misty... Johnny...The bouncer girl outside of Lizzie's... Or just unlock everyone to be romanced regardless of gender... </3

- ability to sit down at most restaurants and eat food at most vendors (i prefer to see animation when i eat at restaurant)
Yes, and also have unique drinks at each! I can't even get Jackie's drink at Afterlife! Bogus...

- street cred needs more functions (maybe weaklings low level gang members should run away from you?)
Yes! Like there's a world event where you help this street vendor chase off some punks and they're all "It's that solo everyone's talking about let's get outta here! More of that please!

- netrunner battle (would be nice Netrunner vs Netrunner battle of hackers minigame similar to Gwent)
Anything besides that terrible number lines game....

- ability to do boxing side activies not tied to the story - loosen up censoreship (Witcher 3 spoiled us)
Yeah, winning the championship means absolutely nothing, no one even addresses it afterwards....

- lifepaths need more impact
Another obvious yes... there was something in the demo where you could customize your hero as a kid, why you were in night city and what was a defining moment for you. wish we could've kept that

- ability to use braindace in free roam (wanna see those BD's)
and actually have more of a purpose for that kink shop in Jig Jig lol

- ability to continue after ending "more repetitive content"
Activities to do to hold us over until DLC

- Augument color customization "we want diff arm colors"
Hell let me have a cybernetic arm! I want Johnny's arm! lol

- ability to sleep in other houses / get new cribs
And not on the side of the bed in an awkward position... also it's apparent that it was a feature, they said it in demos and is still kinda in the text... bring it back!

- metro system,cab system "doubt any of this will ever happen"
Like the new Spider-Man games, yes!

- Knife retrivable
And. Make. Them. STACK! lol

Hello! First-time poster here! I was just curious to get everyone's opinion on this... Imagine the bugs are patched out and we have a playable base game. Assuming that is completed, would you want CDPR to focus on DLC or perhaps focus on giving us promised/missing features? I'm very interested to hear what everyone thinks. Share what feature you want back!
I want what was promised before they even think about asking for another cent for dlc.

And also maybe I'm less interested in features because I feel as though PC can count on the modding community to fix and add a lot of cool neat little things to make the game "pop" more
I get that... but it helps to have it come from CDPR because it feels easier for mods to mold what is already there. When it's multiple mods from many modders, they don't always play nice
Post automatically merged:

Slider-based character customization
Yepp... definitely feels so limited with what we have... and give us proper lighting in the customization so I can get a proper look

Remove censorship
Nudity serves no purpose at this time and it feels so sad.. like what was the point in even having it if there's nothing to come of it

Ability to call a cab and the Delamain cab given after his quests should drive you around for free (and have a turret)
You're the only one I saw bring up Delamain... [SPOILER!]: I hate that when you receive his vehicle with a unique AI (Junior) that he never talks...

Last edited:

Drinking/eating animations when you're out and about.
A preview option for buying clothes.
More reasons to go to your apartment (maybe your romance can pay a visit? )
More content for romance/friendships.
Tag along companions whether romance or friendships, they come with you on missions.
Endgame playability? would like to play the game for a bit with the choices you made.

Last edited:
really rather see them finish their game instead of making DLC for a game that really need more work

So as i said in another topic, i would love to see them make the game world alive with repeatable / procedural side quest ( so like somes also suggested, bound that with deeper interaction with NCPD / fixer / gang .. etc )

Ideally I’d like to see that the promised free DLC:s would add some new features and also some more missions and story content.

Hard to choose between the two, I find both aspects equally lacking as is.

EDIT: To be specific, features like character customization mid-game (barbers, tattoos, plastic surgery), vehicle and weapon customization are all things that could easily be added as “fancy new features” in a free DLC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom