Focus on DLC or Missing Features?

+

DLC or Missing Features?

• DLC

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Missing Features

Votes: 67 88.2%

• Total voters
There are so many things they need to add after the bug is fixed.
Today's cyberpunk only has a system to fight the gangs you see while wandering the streets.
I want to have a variety of experiences in more diverse shops Not just selling trash.
And I hope the braindance machine on V's head now works properly. It seems to be broken after completing some quests.

IMO after sorting out the bugs CDPR should first focus on finishing the game and improving/adding countless missing features and game systems; such as the terrible police/pedestrian AI; or the missing transit system, missing car customization, etc, etc.

DLC should wait until all the bugs and missing or poorly designed features are implemented, even if it takes 2+ years to see the first DLC.

I've posted this on multiple threads comes from other people hoping someone high up will read this let me know what u guys think about the missing features
- fix bugs
- fix AI wanted system (police teleportation behind your back is bad)
- adjust NPC AI
- add bounty system (after killing too many gangmembers some serious powered up bounty hunter starts hunting you)
- rebalance builds (quickhack OP , melee OP, tech weapons that shoot through half the city block OP)
- add cooldown on healing (now you can spam heal and be god mode)
- more JOYTOYS (2 joytoys in whole Night City is unacceptable)
- add more resistance and status effects to BOSS fights.
- add more variety of GIGS (i love those, some of them are better than main quests)
- add the ability to change appearance mid game (i wanna change haircut, want to change tattoos)
- adjust driving physics (some cars slide too much and you can kill pedestrians too easy)
- add various side activities (poker, blackjack, arcade cabinets, pachinkos, bowling, shogi)
- add more NPC that i can romance (ability to romance new npc from side quests)
- ability to sit down at most restaurants and eat food at most vendors (i prefer to see animation when i eat at restaurant)
- street cred needs more functions (maybe weaklings low level gang members should run away from you?)
- netrunner battle (would be nice Netrunner vs Netrunner battle of hackers minigame similar to Gwent)
- ability to do boxing side activies not tied to the story - loosen up censoreship (Witcher 3 spoiled us)
- storage inventory needs categories
- lifepaths need more impact
- ability to use braindace in free roam (wanna see those BD's)
- ability to continue after ending "more repetitive content"
- Augument color customization "we want diff arm colors"
-Night vision, thermal vision
- More romance options
- ability to sleep in other houses / get new cribs
- metro system,cab system "doubt any of this will ever happen"
- Knife retrivable
Your list is pretty much complete, in my eyes. Yes, this is the laundry list i agree 100%. Just a few things I would add/modify:
- You mentioned the romance aspect twice... IMO, they just need to add 2 more romance options, Meredith Stout and a male random of their choosing...no more variety needed. HOWEVER, they need to make the romance options available atm feel meaningfull, ergo be able to chat them up more than 2 lines AFTER you romance them and maybe, god forbid, be able to take them on dates or activities within Night City to make both aspects of the game feel more alive (romance/night city).
- Second, they need to find a smart way to implement some 3rd person viewing. After I finished the game, I saw my end game cutscene and was amazed that my character's eyes were actually blue AF...u get one cutscene at beginning of the game and one at the end, that's it. I'm not saying "bring back all the cutscenes!", I know that's a dream, but at least gimme more chances to see my character, not only when I ride my motorcycle or look in a smart mirror...also, on this subject, fix the whites of the eyes...all the normal ones are so...dim...you could pick any eye color and you wouldn't notice.
- Make V's apartment relevant. It's as easy as adding a "well rested" buff after sleeping and a "feeling fresh" buff after shower, as well as a "fatigue" debuff...also, crafting table...i'm done pretending crafting a legendary sniper rifle in the middle of the street is iMmeRSiVe ...

Sadly, even if by a miracle a higher up sees this list, I don't think they will implement any of it. Sure, they will fix the bugs and MAYBE tweak the A.I. (not overhaul it, new animations, new actions/reactions...not happening). By tweaking i mean make them spawn around the block and make them run instead of crouch...minor workarounds like that. My dream of having MaxTac chase me around in a flying vehicle around Night City is just that, a dream...this game is pretty much doomed imo, you play it for the story ONCE and that's it. Prove me wrong CDPR...

Last edited:
I would much rather see them add in all the content they'd promised FIRST, and then work on DLC stuff.

All I can say is, I'll be very disappointed if March rolls around and there hasn't been any word on moving from fixing bugs to addressing feature requests. There's a lot of low-hanging fruit that shouldn't be that difficult to implement -- improved character customization in-game being first and foremost.

Features!

There are so many options missing in the city that you don't even know where to start listing them all. The longer you play and travel around town, the more frustrating it becomes. Really a shame, especially for real roleplayers ...

Features!

There are so many options missing in the city that you don't even know where to start listing them all. The longer you play and travel around town, the more frustrating it becomes. Really a shame, especially for real roleplayers ...
indeed i agree It does could have been so good but never say never

Fix all the bugs and performance. That's number 1 priority.

Then add all the missing features that were promised, fix NPC Ai, completely rework the police system, completely rework physics in the game. That's priority no. 2 that will probably take them the next 2 years if truly implemented correctly. Which they won't. Would cost too much money and time.

Then do DLC that should be all free as promised.

Then do proper expansion you can charge money for, like in Witcher 3.

Though seeing the mess this games release is, I wouldn't be surprised if they abandon it within a year after fixing the main bugs. They'll probably want people to forget this game ever existed and try to save their reputation with Witcher 4.

They'll probably want people to forget this game ever existed and try to save their reputation with Witcher 4.

Game with biggest profile of the year, after all the hype and after all the controversy before and after the release. Global coverage from all manner of media outlets, even those not covering gaming typically.
I doubt they are dumb enough to try to sweep this under the rug, they know they can't.

Will they do enough to mend the situation, though? Who knows, probably not. We'll see.

Right now I would gladly pay for all of missing features.... without them Im not even thinking about paying for just story dlc.

So many missing features...
If you want to dish out more DLC, you HAVE to get the features in place first or the DLC will be DOA.

I voted missing features, because there seems to be a shitton of that, including the story arcs.
- Let's not forget that they said, when showing us the vertical slice, that the part with Jackie dying was just a potential outcome. Not to mention, CDPR offed Bug unceremoniously in the end product, whereas she's there, with Dex, in the slice, helping him off you.
- Might I say the crap going down right after you wake up makes no sense unless playing Corpo or being a CP P&P fan?
- Might I also say that the game is patched together from various ideas early on - a clear indication that it suffered the same treatment that TW3 did regarding Iorveth's path?
- Let's also note that while Smasher blasts Johnny's had off on the Saka Tower, he still has it in the interrogation room - that on top of the fact that Silverhand's basically borked inside the dojo, when Adam knocks him off the balcony, but hey!
- Gangs are just filler content right now, Netwatch is nowhere, VDBs are barely noticeable, Max Tac aren't there, gazillion police units, but you can't interact with them cus they're all from Star Trek.
- Lifepath's pointless, people you rescue or manage to persuade to calm down are pointless, street cred's meaningless. Cars are meaningless, aside from feeding the completionist's addiction.
- Car races were fun, but only 4. Boxing was fun but also limited to a few.

I'm 100% sure CDPR had bigger plans with this universe. NC was supposed to offer more in terms of activities and interactions. As it is, everything there's just as meaningless as all Division 2 activities were, losing their charm fast as they had no... deeper meaning other than farming them for gear... And hell! even that ain't possible here, because they're one-time only events. I was thinking that as you work on exterminating one gang's threats other would grow bigger, you'd maybe get gigs from them, invites, hell! even mount offensives against the Corpos or some shit. Help gang leaders grow a conscience or lose it completely... something.

I've spent maybe 120 hours on the first playthrough, looking for interesting stuff to do. Gave up at some point and just finished it on Very Hard, with most cyberwear untouched from act 1 (with just legendary gorilla arms), punching the almighty end-boss into oblivion faster than I downed Ozob, with half-assed clothes that I just didn't have the components or the patience to upgrade with the "console-friendly" crafting interface (who the fuck thought crafting components one by one is fun?!)

There's so much shit in CP2077 right now that's obviously cobbled together to resemble a finished product that it would be a major fuck-up to just add more to it, when the stuff already there makes barely any sense and has barely any reason to exist...

I think that if there was more interactivity in the world most of the other criticisms of the game would not be made. I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Its one of the few games I have ever played where the romance option actually enhanced the plot(Talking Panam, specifically). The bones of the game are good, it just needs some muscle and skin on top of there. I would really like to see a fluid crime and punishment system that incorporates gangs and megacorps. I want to be mugged walking down the street or have arasaka assassins try to kill me while im eating a burrito. Shit like that would make the world feel far more alive and it wouldnt require them to spend time on animated and voiced conversations or anything like that.

Missing features first. Additional and complementary features as DLC.

No additional stories or characters or relationships or anything else of secondary nature before gameplay is finished and honed. Thank you very much.

Your list is pretty much complete, in my eyes. Yes, this is the laundry list i agree 100%. Just a few things I would add/modify:
- You mentioned the romance aspect twice... IMO, they just need to add 2 more romance options, Meredith Stout and a male random of their choosing...no more variety needed. HOWEVER, they need to make the romance options available atm feel meaningfull, ergo be able to chat them up more than 2 lines AFTER you romance them and maybe, god forbid, be able to take them on dates or activities within Night City to make both aspects of the game feel more alive (romance/night city).
- Second, they need to find a smart way to implement some 3rd person viewing. After I finished the game, I saw my end game cutscene and was amazed that my character's eyes were actually blue AF...u get one cutscene at beginning of the game and one at the end, that's it. I'm not saying "bring back all the cutscenes!", I know that's a dream, but at least gimme more chances to see my character, not only when I ride my motorcycle or look in a smart mirror...also, on this subject, fix the whites of the eyes...all the normal ones are so...dim...you could pick any eye color and you wouldn't notice.
- Make V's apartment relevant. It's as easy as adding a "well rested" buff after sleeping and a "feeling fresh" buff after shower, as well as a "fatigue" debuff...also, crafting table...i'm done pretending crafting a legendary sniper rifle in the middle of the street is iMmeRSiVe ...

Sadly, even if by a miracle a higher up sees this list, I don't think they will implement any of it. Sure, they will fix the bugs and MAYBE tweak the A.I. (not overhaul it, new animations, new actions/reactions...not happening). By tweaking i mean make them spawn around the block and make them run instead of crouch...minor workarounds like that. My dream of having MaxTac chase me around in a flying vehicle around Night City is just that, a dream...this game is pretty much doomed imo, you play it for the story ONCE and that's it. Prove me wrong CDPR...
If you interested red pont this thread i made https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-moving-forward.11062328/page-2#post-12573977 you're right might none of it see the light of day but id be happy even with only one of that list impletement might as well give it a try

Top Bottom