Foltest Overpower

+
Foltest Overpower

Foltest is too strong. He should be only able to boost the cards in his hand. The whole deck is pretty much, to say the least. Especially because he has many armored fellows.
Reason: Other leaders have about an effective of 12-14 Strength. Now, if he boosted only his hand it is about 12. Now, the cards live longer, so, this upsets the balance. Now many of my enemies play Foltest, because of this. A bit steep in the first round, but gets up rather quickly. Not to mention Armor-consuming units. etc., etc... I can continue if you want to, but I don't think it is necessary. Foltest is destined to win. We should encourage players to do the singleplayer quests and unlock heroes, not to stick with only one hero, because it is such easy to win with.

Well Idk, but yesterday I scorched 4 NR units then Gignid 4 more on another round for a total of 60 points or so but still lost by like 20 points. I can see that medic/scout spam was replaced by another kind of spam...

I honestly thought Foltest's ability was kind of useless (although, that might've just been because I kept forgetting to play him).

Regardless, overpowered is the last term I thought I'd see applied to him.

Foltest is 25 strenght... but any spell drops it. Also the power is split on all rounds won or lost. And this 25 strenght is assuming you play all your bronze and silver cards, which is very hard, and if you do it, the cards are probably not that strong. Also his power is not combo enabler (Henselt is better in that regard)

Solid power is also needed, even if needed.

Small detail: His power does not affect cards created after he is played, or brought back from graveyard. Could be annoying sometimes.

The problem with Foltest is that he is best to played at turn 1 almost always.
Solution: Change text: Buff cards in hand, deck and board.

Last edited:
felixsylvaris;n8719820 said:
Foltest is 25 strenght...

If the deck has 21 seperate cards with power, that is. In a deck of 25 his power is nowhere near 25.

He is nothing close to OP.

zecenker;n8723080 said:
If the deck has 21 seperate cards with power, that is. In a deck of 25 his power is nowhere near 25.

He is nothing close to OP.

4 power on him + 6 silver + 15 Bronze. Asuming all minions deck which may be hard since scorch, clear skies are quite good.

Is there really a power complaint about the worst faction in the game?

Foltest is dumb just because you always play it first. NR needs all the help it can get right now.

StrykerxS77x;n8728180 said:
Is there really a power complaint about the worst faction in the game?

Foltest is dumb just because you always play it first. NR needs all the help it can get right now.

This. There's no thought to Foltest. Play him first turn. Done. I like Gwent in part because there's a lot more strategy and tactics present compared to other CCG's. Foltest doesn't need a buff or a nerf, he needs a revamp.

hblanche;n8728620 said:
This. There's no thought to Foltest. Play him first turn. Done. I like Gwent in part because there's a lot more strategy and tactics present compared to other CCG's. Foltest doesn't need a buff or a nerf, he needs a revamp.

Meanwhile this is how a good foltest deck looks like. Full with 40 cards and super hard to play xD

http://imgur.com/a/Pa0Ud

Balashka;n8716670 said:
Foltest is too strong. He should be only able to boost the cards in his hand. The whole deck is pretty much, to say the least. Especially because he has many armored fellows.
Reason: Other leaders have about an effective of 12-14 Strength. Now, if he boosted only his hand it is about 12. Now, the cards live longer, so, this upsets the balance. Now many of my enemies play Foltest, because of this. A bit steep in the first round, but gets up rather quickly. Not to mention Armor-consuming units. etc., etc... I can continue if you want to, but I don't think it is necessary. Foltest is destined to win. We should encourage players to do the singleplayer quests and unlock heroes, not to stick with only one hero, because it is such easy to win with.

Are you kidding. NR is one of the weakest if not THE weakest decks right now

NR is a chore to win with. Foltest is a minimal savior. Radovid is slightly playable, and Henselt is just not. I think 1 out of 3 leaders being played in a faction that's hardly played hardly constitutes the "overpowered" label. Toss it on Eredin or Brouver all you like, just... why Foltest?! It's like calling a paraplegic too large to compete in the featherweight boxing bracket.

Wait is henselth bad? I though that for Hunters deck he is exacly what we need. The best way to trigger combo and trio.

Back to topic: is that a joke?

Top Bottom