Food and food loot rework

+
Just like the witcher 3, you can find tons and tons of food around the map (and I'm almost with 500 medkits) and I think that this makes the food vendors and vending machines really a useless feature.

FIRST: I think you guys should minimize the amount of lootable food, sometimes doesn't even make sense when you grab something from garbage on the floor and it is perfectly normal to eat, everywhere you look there is something to grab.

SECOND: I think that the food should have more than two stats like heal outside combat or more stamina. I'm almost 70 hours of gameplay and don't know if you can find something different.

THIRD: Food vendors should be in more quantity and they should sell the specific food that they offer, like... I was talking to a vendor and she told me that her shrimps were the best and blablabla... but then, when I've tried to buy something from her she didn't have the shrimps.

Well is basically this, I can't remember what I have to say... for now is this!

Attachments

• FASDA.png
    FASDA.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 81
  • FAFAFG.png
    FAFAFG.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 83
It happens everytime "Oh I have a drink named after this legendary blablabla it's unique!" Yet they don't have it.
What bothers me the most is, there's food, hydration which is fine and then there's alcohol which weighs you down and has literally 0 uses aside from smelting/selling, roleplaying a drunkard (i guess..) or weighing you down.

What's the point of having food vendor and bar and not adding eat and drink features as option or toggle in the game difficulty like in fallout new vegas or skyrim mod.

Vendors' stalls, run by actual people, should result in V sitting down at the stall & actually eating something, from that you could get a buff similar to Nourishment just stronger or double/triple the duration of it.
Vending machines already serve for on-the-go food that you loot & keep for later after paying.

It happens everytime "Oh I have a drink named after this legendary blablabla it's unique!" Yet they don't have it.
What bothers me the most is, there's food, hydration which is fine and then there's alcohol which weighs you down and has literally 0 uses aside from smelting/selling, roleplaying a drunkard (i guess..) or weighing you down.
Exactly my point, I even tried to find the drink named after jackie but isn't there... I hope that they take a look on these aspects. It really bothers me sometimes!
Post automatically merged:

Vendors' stalls, run by actual people, should result in V sitting down at the stall & actually eating something, from that you could get a buff similar to Nourishment just stronger or double/triple the duration of it.
Vending machines already serve for on-the-go food that you loot & keep for later after paying.
I know, but you can easily find these foods everywhere you look on the ground, tables, whatever.... so that makes the machines and every vendor useless

When it comes to food, they should be in three catgories, kibble, pre-pack, and real food as per the tabletop lore. Which could help balance in terms how much hp/stamania is recovered.

Beyond that being to eat and drink in first person would be good.

I know, but you can easily find these foods everywhere you look on the ground, tables, whatever.... so that makes the machines and every vendor useless
Oh yeah I know I'm kind of assuming in that previous post that the abundance of food lying around everywhere is calmed down a bit. Just expressing my image of what I believe would be ideal. :ok:

I don't understand it either - I almost NEVER eat any food and just break down drinks for components - which I guess makes sense, but just becomes very tedious.
It's like they didn't let people outside of the team try the game... 1 hour of play would lead to 100 changes that we all see clearly.

People still waste tons of food in America in 2077. Big surprise.

Seriously though, there's probably more food than junk. I've started to avoid picking it up at this point. I'm worried my save file will be corrupted by the amount of food I'm carrying alone.

Balancing out mechanics to actually make what the games offer actually worth?
Damn this is news for me

/s

People still waste tons of food in America in 2077. Big surprise.

Seriously though, there's probably more food than junk. I've started to avoid picking it up at this point. I'm worried my save file will be corrupted by the amount of food I'm carrying alone.

To a degree, but the lore describes things are quite a bit different. To quote Cyberpunk Red:

What You Eat
Pollution, toxic waste, and wanton resource stripping has left many croplands barren and many food staples are either endangered or outrageously expensive. America's response has been to create processed substitutes for whatever it needs. The patents for much of this technology are owned by Continental Brands.

SynthFood
Kibble
Kibble is the standard base-line food product. It is a mass-produced nutrient made primarily of kelp, plankton, and soy proteins (none of this "Kibble is people!" drek) that fulfills most nutritional requirements, but smells and tastes about as good as its canine namesake. Neocorps often dispense this to laborers as part of their "support" programs (of course, the cost is deducted from their pay). Most people in the urban zones have at least one meal a day of kibble, but try to have something with more variety as their main meal, if they can afford it.

Prepack
The next step up is Prepack: meals that can be microwaved or self-heated. They still tend to be largely soy and grain-based "faux food," but they are usually flavored more effectively and may have a few bits of real meat or veggies in there. Good Prepack has a higher percentage of natural food and is rather like restaurant fare, just in a bag. You press the tab and it's "heat and eat." A Prepack diet is significantly more expensive than kibble with Good Prepack pushing up the price still higher. Prepack is far more common in Executive and wealthy homes; if you want Prepack in Edgerunner turf, you'd better head out to a restaurant, choomba.

Fresh Food
Fresh food had always been standard fare for the City elite and a rare luxury for the average person, although some groups had an advantage in this area as they were living in environments where the food was processed.

Guerrilla Gardening
But right after the War, getting any kind of food into the Cities (and past the raiding gangs, the warring Megacorps, and the issues of just plain transportation) was nearly impossible. Faced with starvation, many Edgerunners suddenly developed green thumbs— tearing up previously abandoned lots and revealing the soil beneath—and transporting the materials to make rooftop gardens and water sprinkler systems powered by the intermittent rains. Within a couple years post-War, there were a lot of gardening sites that were small, carefully tended, and feeding the populations of local Conapts and neighborhood squats. It was actually good food for a change (if you didn't mind the radioactivity and toxic waste traces).

Killing for Cabbages
This didn't go unnoticed by the non-farming communities ... like the Boosters, gogangers, and anyone else not particularly interested in raising crops. Savage wars broke out over food-growing areas, with the body counts growing (only to be reprocessed into fertilizer when possible). Whole neighborhoods armed up and started patrolling their Upper Forties, ready to maim and kill anyone who had a hankering to steal a tomato.

Meet the Meat
Things got even more heated when some enterprising farmers began raising real chickens, dwarf pigs, and even goats (cows are still rare). Herds were shipped under Nomad protection with a heavy Solo element, creating a new form of "cattle drive." Needless to say, there were attempts to rustle the range that ended up with many of the rustlers buried in the Night City equivalent of Boot Hill.

The Market Price
In the Time of the Red, things have died down a little. A tentative detente was reached, especially between the Growers and certain Neocorps. In exchange for some heavy security, the Growers traded fresh food, and both sides profited. This does not always hold up, however and there are still raids on individual city farms and rooftop gardens that come too close to the Oasis Markets operated by Continental Brands.

Of course Red is set in 2045 not long after the 4th Corporate War. Where as this game is set in 2077. So things could have changed, but this is what the lore says. I do admit I am not quite as sure what the 2020 stuff says, but this is what the Red book describes for food.

Of course Red is set in 2045 not long after the 4th Corporate War. Where as this game is set in 2077. So things could have changed, but this is what the lore says. I do admit I am not quite as sure what the 2020 stuff says, but this is what the Red book describes for food.
If you watch ads you can see that it's basically the same.
Smuggling animals is a big dealio, raising animals is dangerous both for risks of health and because real meat is sought after.
Cows are still sick and given all sorts of antibios and are raised in very few numbers and none near NC.
I could explain why I know these but it would spoiler secondaries/primary quests.

Just like the witcher 3, you can find tons and tons of food around the map (and I'm almost with 500 medkits) and I think that this makes the food vendors and vending machines really a useless feature.

FIRST: I think you guys should minimize the amount of lootable food, sometimes doesn't even make sense when you grab something from garbage on the floor and it is perfectly normal to eat, everywhere you look there is something to grab.

SECOND: I think that the food should have more than two stats like heal outside combat or more stamina. I'm almost 70 hours of gameplay and don't know if you can find something different.

THIRD: Food vendors should be in more quantity and they should sell the specific food that they offer, like... I was talking to a vendor and she told me that her shrimps were the best and blablabla... but then, when I've tried to buy something from her she didn't have the shrimps.

Well is basically this, I can't remember what I have to say... for now is this!
A rework of the whole food system is so needed.
Why would you have what feels like more than 200 differnt foods and drinks when literally every single one does the same thing.
There really need to be different categories, rarities and at the same time of course tiers of foods and more random effects to different food.

What could be added for example:
- Increase Breathing duration under water for amount of time
- Decrease Poison/Effects damage for amount of time
- Speed increasement
- Drug effects
- Jump Height
- Car Controll??
- Reduction of stamina cost
- Looting bonuses
- XP Boosts

I would love to see drugs that would have some kind of psychedelic effect which is similar to lsd/rainbow colors.

Top Bottom