Food in CP2077?

+
ya i dont like the spoilers going around in this thread, there are young people who have not read or seen these....

I dont think its much of a problem since even young people know the secret of Soylent Green. Its the kind of spoiler everyone knows. Right up there with "Luke, I am your father!"

Yea--ah...that's on them. These are classics, decades old. Not really going to worry about spoilering something written while the Cold War was still an issue.

Reminds me of George R.R. Martin laughing at Conan O' Brien talking about Game of Thrones and Book Three. "Well, this is nine years ago for us! Catch up!"

Yea--ah...that's on them. These are classics, decades old. Not really going to worry about spoilering something written while the Cold War was still an issue.

Reminds me of George R.R. Martin laughing at Conan O' Brien talking about Game of Thrones and Book Three. "Well, this is nine years ago for us! Catch up!"

It's a completely different thing though, to be talking about a book story being made into a TV series or a movie, than it is talking about really old TV series or movies. I, for example, haven't read the books (Song of Ice and Fire), nor will I. I would rather experience the story as it is being told in the TV series without constantly knowing what happened in the books. It completely and utterly ruins it for me. Might not be the same for everyone, but for me it is. A bit like having the synopsis of an upcoming episode be fully written in some TV guide. What the -fuck- is the point of that? I don't get it.

When it comes to books and TV series or movies, it's a tough choice sometimes; I for one do enjoy reading a good book and book series every now and then, but in the case of Game of Thrones, I hadn't read the books. Nor had I read the graphic novels in the case of Dexter or the Walking Dead. So, when those series came on, I had absolutely no wish to read the stories. Then again, in the case of for example the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, obviously I had read the stories and immersed myself in that world, so I can't say whether I would've enjoyed the movies more had I not known anything about them.

Still, it's a completely baffling concept to me personally when someone tells me to go read the books so I'll know what happens in the TV series. Like, uhh... No.

As for the spoilers about Soylent Green, I think the statute of limitations is easily up by now. A bit like spoiling that Rhett Butler just doesn't give a damn.

Statute of Limitations, Mac?

Yes, exactly. That'd be it. Fixed my post with the right wording.

I just hate those times when I absolutely know what I'm trying to say but I cant find the words. It's not that my translator chip failed in this case since we don't have that concept as a phrase such as that here in Finland. It's just "getting old" or "expiring".

Top Bottom