Food

+
Food

Simple title as I could not fit it all in there.My new flat is close to a shop selling Polish and Lithuanian food but I have no idea which of these are edible...well probably all of them are, but which would you suggest?When suggesting, please also provide a suggestion for how to prepare the food.Thanks :)

You are right of course :p but at the same time renting my own apartment means I have less disposable income left and can't buy up everything in the shop ;D

Erm a lot of the things are in Polish and I can't type Polish :teeth:There's two of them stores around though so I imagine I can find most exportable food :)

ok uhhmm :hmmm:then, without knowing what they serve.. try "pyzy" if they have them, with sauce, meat and red billberries.

You mean this?http://www.pierozek.com/?q=Offer&q2=Pyzy+z+mi%EAsemPotato stuffed with corned beef or that's how it looks to me. Looks tasty tho

no, no. these are made from potatoes. the ones i'm talking about are made on yeast and finally prepared on steam.

Whisperwind said:
that... white thing from milk, how's called? forgot...
Cheese? Sour cream? Yogurt?
It's eadable, nothing will be raw, be sure :D :D
I think he was using "edible" in its metaphorical meaning -- "tasty," rather than in its literal meaning -- "able to be consumed."

Whisperwind, even though i don't eat meat, your descriptions of things are so amusing, i'm slightly tempted in a twisted sort of way ;D

Good suggestions, I will go and see if I can find some of these tomorrow (that is, if the store is open on weekends!) :)

Don't they have Polish sausage (is that Krakauer?)? Once I read in an American TW review: "There are 2 good imports from Poland: sausages and The Witcher". Hence there must be a grain of truth in it

Whisperwind said:
cepelinai, a thing when in pigs bowel they put potatoes and cook it... :D (now don't get any wrong ideas, after cooking it you wont even feel it's a bowel. I really loved it until I understood what that thing is.... :D :D )
That sounds about as edible as haggis :eek: ...which I am sure many people like very much, my own parents for example...me not being an example.There's a large number of Polish food shops in London now as well, a few of which are in the vicinity of my office in the city, but I've not yet decided to 'walk on the wildside' so to speak, being a bit of a food conservative Brit. Not easy to order when you don't what anything is and couldn't pronounce it if you wanted to order.

Top Bottom