For Cd Project Red. About GOTY Edition of The Witcher 3. Patch 1.31 ?

+
For Cd Project Red. About GOTY Edition of The Witcher 3. Patch 1.31 ?

Hi

I am a great fan of your games and have just bought The Witcher 3 Game of the year edition for PS4. The problem is I don't have internet on my PS4, but I learned from a friend that a patch has been released specifically for the GOTY edition called patch 1.31

Now what I am afraid of is that, I will have trouble playing through The Witcher 3 game of the year edition for PS4, when I haven't installed the 1.31 patch, since I don't have internet on my PS4. I really hope that I can enjoy the main game and both expansions on the GOTY edition without patch 1.31, since i have been waiting for this complete version for a long time and I really feel like I have the whole Witcher 3 experience now and don't have to depend on having an internet connection or having to install a patch for the game to work.

So could you please answer me this. Will i be able to play through all the content in the GOTY edition, that is both main game and the two expansions, without encountering some game breaking bugs that will make it impossoble for me to continue, even when I haven't installed patch 1.31 ?

Also, what does the latest patch which seem is only out for the GOTY edition actually do ? It is very small

Thanks you very much for all the great experiences you have given me

Sincerely

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
Hey, yes, you will be able to play through all the content in the GOTY edition without having installed patch 1.31.

The patch is small because it mainly consists of two things: Turkish text files and the ability to download additional downloadable language packs via an option in Language Options in the menu (to fit the whole GOTY on one blue-ray disc on consoles we added some additional not crucial for relevant regions language packs as downloadable options instead of including them on the disc).

Hi. I really appreciate the fast respons. Thank you so much. Just because I am a bit ocd about my games.
1.31 Patch notes says several stability improvemenrs and overall performance improvements as Well as quest improve ments

I have to ask. Do you know for sure it is only language pack compability? I hope you don't mind me asking since I just have to be sure but are you employed at Cd projekt red or a general manager or something? I just have to be completely sure I can play The game of the year edition of the witcher 3 on ps4 without problems even if I haven't installed patch 1.31. Thank you so much I greatly appreciate it

iCake

Forum veteran
@ZiggyAkaStardust20

My advice. Just go ahead and enjoy the game :) All these questions will only make you uneasy. The game's completely playable since before 1.30, been so for a long time.

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
The changelog is generic text. And yeah, I am directly employed by CDPR, I'm the head of tech support. Our kind moderators directed my attention to your question. You can view my Twitter if you click the link in my signature :)

Why didn't all owners get version 1.31? Why the separation?

For example not everyone are willing or even able to release mods for the GOTY (1.31) version because of this.

Hey, yes, you will be able to play through all the content in the GOTY edition without having installed patch 1.31.

The patch is small because it mainly consists of two things: Turkish text files and the ability to download additional downloadable language packs via an option in Language Options in the menu (to fit the whole GOTY on one blue-ray disc on consoles we added some additional not crucial for relevant regions language packs as downloadable options instead of including them on the disc).

But If i have Game + Expansion Pass in Steam, can i get this 1.31 version (with new Main Menu\File Structure\Option etc..). Instead of having the same 1.30 with old setting scheme, original The Witcher 3 sign (not GOTY) and only B&W Main Menu?

I can't purchase it through Steam (it said, that i already have all this content and forbid me to proceed) but i really want True GOTY edition of the game, and not original + patch.

But If i have Game + Expansion Pass in Steam, can i get this 1.31 version (with new Main Menu\File Structure\Option etc..). Instead of having the same 1.30 with old setting scheme, original The Witcher 3 sign (not GOTY) and only B&W Main Menu?

I can't purchase it through Steam (it said, that i already have all this content and forbid me to proceed) but i really want True GOTY edition of the game, and not original + patch.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...GOTY-Edition?p=2918731&viewfull=1#post2918731

On Steam, the GOTY is exactly the same product as the game + expansions.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...3-Patch-1-31?p=2915781&viewfull=1#post2915781

The "extra menu option" is to download language packs that weren't on the disk for consoles.

You already have the GOTY version.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...GOTY-Edition?p=2918731&viewfull=1#post2918731

On Steam, the GOTY is exactly the same product as the game + expansions.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...3-Patch-1-31?p=2915781&viewfull=1#post2915781

The "extra menu option" is to download language packs that weren't on the disk for consoles.

You already have the GOTY version.

But if i want 1.31 version with GOTY sign in main menu and switchable main menu itself, instead of 1.30 with old sign and B&W menu? Im just asking, does it can be real to make game+expansion pass version upgradable to 1.31 automatic? Maybe in future?
Yes, i know that in-game content are the same.

Plus at least two one small bugfixes: one is related to NG+ lvl 100 cap for autogen items and another is related to calculating arrow positioning (still doesn't fix visual bug in master armorer's quest) (second one turned out to be downgrade to 1.22 version of the script for some reason).

Modders around the world :) are very interested if non-GOTY versions of the game will get the same patch (1.31), because right now we have two different games with scripts that are different enough to create compatibility problems for mods. Both modders and players will be happy to see this issue resolved somehow.

Last edited:
Plus at least two one small bugfixes: one is related to NG+ lvl 100 cap for autogen items and another is related to calculating arrow positioning (still doesn't fix visual bug in master armorer's quest) (second one turned out to be downgrade to 1.22 version of the script for some reason).

Modders around the world :) are very interested if non-GOTY versions of the game will get the same patch (1.31), because right now we have two different games with scripts that are different enough to create compatibility problems for mods. Both modders and players will be happy to see this issue resolved somehow.

OK. I take it back - I just read the thread in the modding subforum.
So they're not identical, and yes, that's definitely a big problem. :(

Recently I bought the GOTY edition on 6 discs. After installing I have three problems.

First, the displayed version is 1.30 and there is no option to patch the game to 1.31 rather than to download the whole game from my GOG account.

Second, I can't see downloadable content option in the main menu. Because of that I can't change characters look (standard or alternative).

Third, I can't load any saves that I made earlier in the original game patched to 1.30 (with both expansions and free DLC program installed, of course). All I see when trying to play is something like that - "cannot load a game made in a newer version". Indeed, I checked build numbers, and they are different (the one of GOTY edition is smaller).

You can answer questions like that but no wether 1.31 for the ps4 is ever coming out or not.

Recently I bought the GOTY edition on 6 discs. After installing I have three problems.

First, the displayed version is 1.30 and there is no option to patch the game to 1.31 rather than to download the whole game from my GOG account.

Second, I can't see downloadable content option in the main menu. Because of that I can't change characters look (standard or alternative).

Third, I can't load any saves that I made earlier in the original game patched to 1.30 (with both expansions and free DLC program installed, of course). All I see when trying to play is something like that - "cannot load a game made in a newer version". Indeed, I checked build numbers, and they are different (the one of GOTY edition is smaller).

As far as I know, the gamesaves from "regular" game are not compatible with the GOTY edition.

You can change characters' look in the main menu.

As far as I know, the gamesaves from "regular" game are not compatible with the GOTY edition.

You can change characters' look in the main menu.

Correct, the gamesave ARE compatible with each other, but only on PC.
I guess we are still talking about the PS4, where the savefiles are not compatible with each other.

Top Bottom