For contest mod: sorry, help no longer needed, signing out from contest

+
Just like to add that I also have crashes a lot of the time and it's nothing to do with my system or having multiple areas open. What I find most comical is that Djinni crashes a lot when I try to close it ;DI also wouldn't mind having a team of 40 people behind me, not to mention people with NWN experience ::)

I would like to point out to Vaernus that most of us in the contest are NOT in the gaming industry ... so such comparisons are utterly ridiculous and uncontextualized here

Actually, that is one of the bigger missions we're attempting to tackle in REDFlame. Modding, for all intents and purposes, is part of the game industry. What you do in modding is exactly the same task as a game designer does once an engine is licensed for a game. Granted, this is all hobbyist to many, but we are building a network shortly that will allow the modding group, or independent developer, to actually start a studio and have every piece necessary to build a commercial game, down to the funding. We are unveiling the network within a few months.Now that doesn't mean I am comparing anyone to a game developer. That was directed towards Eriash and his commitment to the community, even on days off. And, REDFlame itself is in similar shoes to anyone in the forums here. It's a mix of different folks that are modders, or professionals in other industries like music and art that have moved over to game development. But we have very few "professional" game developers, I could count those with experience on one hand. Everyone is building their track record now. So we are no different than anyone in the contest. We just happened to have more people together. But what we've learned is trial and error, and we've posted the results on the Djinni Wikia. All I am pointing out is that the Wikia is there for community to build. Like Edison, if we approach it as "this was 99 ways not to run that feature in Djinni correctly" instead of "this is 99 failures of Djinni and why it's crap" and we pool our knowledge to find those good features, then nobody in the future will have a problem. And Djinni has to work, or else we wouldn't have had The Witcher as inspiration to want to build a mod in the first place, so the functionality is there. :)

OMG!!!! I'm back and look waht I found. :eek: I'm so sorry to read this :'( :'( I was really expecting to play your mod. But you know very well why I renounced weeks ago, because I very well knew how HARD this contest was so Iquit before getting too involved, and so I understand your decision, it is better to make it on your own peace and finish it someday.About D'Jinni, I'm a programmer, with my C++ quite forgotten due to work all day with databases now, but I had never had any contanct with NWN modding, so it was all new to me. But I personally found quite intersting, funny and FRUSTRATING to discover how it worked and what I could do and what not, if something didn't work I just used a 'workaround' ::) GOOD LUCK!!!!

When I saw the statement about "The only crash I get is when I exit,...", I remembered having the same problem with other game editors (I'm most familiar with the Morrowind/Oblivion Construction Sets). And I wonder if the explanation is that, maybe , they used dedicated workstations and simply never exit the editor. It sounds like a joke, but I know of companies that never turn of their computers because they're used 24/7. I rarely 'turn off' mine; just use Hibernate.

@Arkray, Raven hasn't given up on her module, she's still working on it, but like you she decided not to kill herself trying to meet the contest deadlines :wave:we skipped the phase 4 deadline and it's not looking too likely that we'll make the final, but i haven't totally given up hope yet

gamewidow said:
@Arkray, Raven hasn't given up on her module, she's still working on it, but like you she decided not to kill herself trying to meet the contest deadlines :wave:we skipped the phase 4 deadline and it's not looking too likely that we'll make the final, but i haven't totally given up hope yet
I know I know, we talk, she helped me with my last adventure ;D

Top Bottom