For effects that change their value, show both the original value and the updated value

+
Just a small issue I have. For cards that allow you to create a copy of a card that can have the value of its effect changed, or can have its base power altered (Coup de Grace, Duchess Informant, etc. being used on cards like The Crones, Selfeater, etc.), it would be nice if there was a way for us to be able to see the original version of a card as it exists in the deckbuilder. Bringing the full screen of a card up does show its base power against its current power (if they’re different), but it doesn’t show original base power. And if the card’s effect value changes, you’re unable to see what the unchanged/original value of the effect is.

This also applies to effects which give you information. I don’t play Enslave so when I see their leader ability has an updated value, I don’t know how many tactics they have at a minimum (as I never seem to remember what the effect value starts at).

A simple solution I think, would be to add the original value before the updated value, but indicate in some way that it’s not the current value. Something like this if one Crone was played and the opponent has 8-11 tactics in their starting deck for example.

(Whispess) Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by 2[4]. Increase this damage by 2 whenever you play a Crone.

or

(Enslave) Order: Seize an enemy unit with 3[5] power or less. This value is raised by 1 for every 4 Tactic cards in your starting deck.

I just think this would be a nice quality of life change. And taken further, I think doing the same for cards that change their base power (Melusine, Selfeater, etc.). When you bring the close-up of the card where it shows their base power on top of the card text, and current power on the image of the card), the original base power could be shown next to current base power (if they’re different, otherwise just show one number if base power hasn’t changed). For example:

7 17 Melusine would show across the purple banner above the effect text, and if she used her order abilty twice for example, a red 13 would be at the top-left of the card art.

I just think it would be nice if we could see what the original value of card effects and base power are on cards. It would be a good quality-of-life change. Thanks for reading.

I don’t think it’s necessary to show all the original values. This would make it awkward for newcomers imo.

I think they’d better show the updated values of Sihil and Aerondite in the turns history during the match

Top Bottom