For First Person View how about just using "hideplayer"?

+
For First Person View how about just using "hideplayer"?

There's some interest in first person mods but does the hideplayer console command entry work fine? If the neck nape or hood won't disappear then it won't be of much use because the nape or hood would ruin your first person view. But when I use it on Geralt there's no clothing or anything else left over.

And the movement controls seems fine, I think it's normal game movement or close to it. Well.. since you can't see your character it can get a little awkward like when passing through smaller doorways. If the neck nape/hood is an issue with some I wish I could replicate the reason why my Geralt does not have the nape or hood showing when using hideplayer command.

Edit: Not sure how well it works in combat but exploration seems ok.

Guest 2364765

You do realize that hideplayer is also a command that has been added via a mod?

Witcherzoom has the first person view. You just hit V with witcherzoom installed and it goes into first person view.

I use your mod skacik, the First Person Mode mod and I thank you for its no detection mode. I really like the no detection part, meaning the mobs and other NPCs don't attack. And the mobs and others still move around and do normal activities which is cool even while I'm right next to them. But they don't come after me which I the way I want it when I'm exploring around.

Not sure if hideplayer is used in your mod. Currently I don't use the first person part of your mod as much as I used to. I use hideplayer or another mod for first person. Maybe that other mod incorporates hideplayer. And they both work with with the no detection part of your mod. First I go into first person mode in your mod which is a requirement for the no detection to be implemented. Then I go in no detection mode. I save the game, then reload that save. By reloading the save it turns off the first person mode but still keeps the no detection.

Then I go in first person via hideplayer or other mod and still get the benefit of your no detection. And even better your no detection lasts through several loadings of different saves games. After so many loads of saves the no detection may stop working. But then I can go through the procedure again to restore it. It's not meant to criticize your mod. Maybe more first person view fans will download your mod once they realize your no detection mode can work along with other first person mods they may use.

And there may be third person view fans who want to explore without being attacked by mobs. They can use your no detection mode. Well there aren't very many other W3 mods or methods capable of first person view. Edit: Your no detection mode is not a separate mod afaik so it's still part of your First Person Mode mod.

Last edited:
Top Bottom