For God sake, please add cheats

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why need cheats when you have mods?

Cheats have limited possibilities, while mods have endless.

(In before: I play on a console)
With cheat engine you don't even need devs to add cheats unless it's stuff like giving all peds weapons in GTA. But just like mods that's something exclusive to PCs.

Of course I'm not saying no to mods but still people might prefer to write a text into dev console instead of downloading a save editor or a mod

jt4gov

Forum regular

Is this actually a thing though? I wasn't under the impression they had mod support (which is my biggest disappointment with the game).

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Is this actually a thing though? I wasn't under the impression they had mod support (which is my biggest disappointment with the game).

Maybe not at launch and/or maybe not as extensive as the Witcher 3, but that's not going to stop people from cracking open the game.

jt4gov

Forum regular
Maybe not at launch and/or maybe not as extensive as the Witcher 3, but that's not going to stop people from cracking open the game.
Meh, it'd be fairly disappointing for mods then. Last I'd saw for Witcher 3 the modding was almost nonexistent compared to games like Fallout 1 or 2, Bethesda's games, Larian's games or even Halo PC.

I'm hoping that since they're iterating over the TW3 engine architecture the updated version of the RedEngine will have enough stuff in common in terms of functionality to make that transition easy.

Kinda like how you could start out with Morrowind's Construction Set and still see the similarities if you made the jump to say Skyrim's Creation Kit. It's one of the main reasons that modding community has grown so much: toolset feels familiar (including some of the bugs :shrug:), so it's easy to transition to the shiny new thing when it comes out. And this goes for the offical toolset, 3D model import/export scripts for 3D editing programs, community made tools (NifSkope, mod managers, xEdit, Wrye Bash and many many others). There are people like me who mod Fallout 4 that have started all the way back with Morrowind.

So if that turns out to be the case with 2077 then the modding community that transitions over from TW3 can hit the ground running.

Meh, it'd be fairly disappointing for mods then. Last I'd saw for Witcher 3 the modding was almost nonexistent compared to games like Fallout 1 or 2, Bethesda's games, Larian's games or even Halo PC.
Maybe not to the same extent but there are some pretty good TW3 mods on the nexus (especially QoL and rebalance ones), and the community has some very talented mod authors.

I usually use something like WeMod for cheats for games. I do agree a dev console would be sweet.

Yup.
First thing I'll do: find the damage formula and erase the part about levels affecting damages.
Then same with health progression if it use a formula for that.

Yup.
First thing I'll do: find the damage formula and erase the part about levels affecting damages.
Then same with health progression if it use a formula for that.
I like that idea!
If it's a thing then why isnt it added in like some older games?
I could get behind that.

I remember when my brother and I visited this one cheat code site to look up cheat codes for more or less every game we played. I bet there are still pieces of paper with codes on them somewhere, after well over a decade. :ROFLMAO:

While I definitely don't think cheats are in any way needed, I also don't see harm in having them in a single-player (but only single-player) game.

IDK why but games ceased of in-game cheats. Likee, it's fun to mess with game. Please add cheats to CP2077

With cheat engine you don't even need devs to add cheats unless it's stuff like giving all peds weapons in GTA. But just like mods that's something exclusive to PCs.
I usually use something like WeMod for cheats for games. I do agree a dev console would be sweet.

Reread it. I said my biggest disappoint is that there is no mod support. I've advocated for mods for a while due to the longevity and fun it adds to a game.

Ah okay. Must have misread then. But don't worry, I'm sure there will be mod support for the game just like with the Witcher 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom