Forbes:. CDPR Faces Extreme Skepticism Ahead Of Cyberpunk 2077’s 1.2 Patch

+

"FORBES:. CDPR FACES EXTREME SKEPTICISM AHEAD OF CYBERPUNK 2077’S 1.2 PATCH"

People seem to have forgotten that the hack-theft has set CDPR back by a great awful lot. Said so themselves. Also, pretty sure the devs are occupied anticipating new bugs being generated the moment 1.2 patch goes life. Remember Goro not calling back? Game entered a soft-lock? Presumably, that was a new bug caused by one of the fixes/patches.

Installing patches, fixes, updates, DLCs almost always causes new issues. Some can be so severe, they can easily make the game unplayable, or even completely destroy it. I played a game of which the devs faced horrific new issues everytime they fiddled with the game. They fixed one thing, something else broke. Almost each and everytime. They would apply a fix, yet again something else broke. I lost my game because of it.

To tell you the truth, it would be a good idea to postpone the patch yet again to give the team more time to not only get the patch right, but also the game's security. Especially taking into account the return of CP77 back in Sony's online shop.

Pretty sure that's CDPR's highest priority.

All I hope is that it's enough to give the game a chance at long-term survival, even if it's just limping along but at least giving the wider player base hope for a while ':/

I see a lot of people making assertions when I doubt they understand the process of QA. You're expecting a complete overhaul
to existing systems yet forget how these systems are interconnected. Furthermore, I don't know how these systems work together, do you? Please, if so enlighten us and explained why CDPR should have completely overhauled this game in 3 months after a major hack to their entire infrastructure.

I am ignorant to most of this process. I'm sure CDPR is doing everything they can. I happen to be more the optimist though and realize most people are innately good and intend well. Sometimes things get out of our hands. Sometimes what we intended, snowballs out of our control. I just don't understand how all of this nay saying is helping the current situation. Constructive criticism is great, but negativity can bring the environment to potentially toxic levels. Lets try be constructive.

Cyberpunk2077_Roadmap_updated_preview_EN_nkohcnhwa9tlfglb.jpg

From microsoft marketplace ,about cyberpunk 2077
"Users may experience performance issues when playing this game on Xbox One consoles until this game is updated."
After seen the roadmap, read the CEO apologises ,and microsoft advertisment,Was it suggested than update 1.2 would resolve perfomances issues when playing on Xbox One consoles at first(maybe ps4 too)?
Because i didn t ear or see nothing about it in night city patch 1.2 development insight,or in patch 1.2 development update, as i don t know from where come the rumors than the patch will be release in march, so if anyone could show me the link ,please
(why did they do all reversal? If they had made a game for xbox one n ps4 at first ,and optimize it for ps5 and serieSX after,they would have been no trouble,no hacks(as they say),but they choose to build from the sky to go back to the ground instead,hope u enjoy your Nvidia cards)

People seem to have forgotten that the hack-theft has set CDPR back by a great awful lot. Said so themselves.

I don't think anybody has forgotten. It remains to be seen how much "slack" players will give CDPR for the ransomware attack. Of course most will say "of course the next patch would be delayed because of that"...but if after that delay the patch is still very underwhelming, I think the "but we were hacked!" excuse will stop holding water with folks who paid for this product three months ago (or earlier). At that point the player frustration level could ratchet up even higher.

I don't think anybody has forgotten. It remains to be seen how much "slack" players will give CDPR for the ransomware attack. Of course most will say "of course the next patch would be delayed because of that"...but if after that delay the patch is still very underwhelming, I think the "but we were hacked!" excuse will stop holding water with folks who paid for this product three months ago (or earlier). At that point the player frustration level could ratchet up even higher.
But you don't know what's in the patch. How can you already judge it?

But you don't know what's in the patch. How can you already judge it?
Why don t they say what they were or are working on about the patch?if they have some respect for their words and clients
If there some people who didn t get refund since release,do u think they pay for apologises and staying tune to know when they can be allowed to play with the game and get fun and entertainment,because that s why a game is made

Anyone with FEW working brain cells should know that there is no quick fixing CP, its gonna take time and lot of it, expectations should be at minimum

Anyone with FEW working brain cells should know that there is no quick fixing CP, its gonna take time and lot of it, expectations should be at minimum
So they buy the game not to play.Why did they give money?When i need a patch ,i go to the doctor ,or hospital ,or pharmacy.That s what sell or build microsoft at this time?
My bad, i use patch not with good traduction and definition ,or not in an adequat context or time it seem,sorry to corrupt anyone who read this post upper if it s the case. I m not removing faulse data because of valler48 post (tyanks to him) ,not for it to loose meaning if adress to me as to some others ... That s microsoft market which deny any responsabilty it seem and send unsatisfied clients from the GAME cyberpunk 2077 sold as commercial version to this website ,so i m the right place to said how satisfied or not i am ,n post comment by the way, just following rules and words written ,only,as same as everyone
by patch ,i thought it was meaning bandage dressing or plaster

Last edited:
Its okay to angry about issue, but its like bytting againts the wall, you can scream it as much as you want, it wont budge. Such is sad state of CP, when there is ton problems, some have to fixed now, some later, devs do what they can with given time
I m not angry about CDPR ,if microsoft allow them to sell preview or beta version as commercial version.I m not agree with microsoft politics and country politics that allow to sell this on xbox one console (made to play ,not to invest or work )

It's just a video game...rage against the injustices of the world all you like, of which there are many, but disappointment in a patch that hasn't been released yet for a video game doesn't rank high on the list for me.

If you enjoy the game, keep playing. If you don't, then either return it or don't play it. If you want something changed, then voice your opinion constructively.

And please, if anyone is going to criticize or post their thoughts that's fine...thats what a forum is for...but please read what you type before you hit 'post'. Some of these comments verge on being unintelligible.

It surprises me how many gamers are still falling for what the mainstream media says. They tell you what to feel. They train you to expect whatever, to not expect whatever, to be disappointed by whatever, and so many jump to their commands right on cue like trained animals.

People should know better after what happened circa 2014. Remember all that stuff about dishonesty in gaming journalism and how it turns out we can't trust very much of what they write?

The outrage about Cyberpunk was not exactly a grassroots one. It was astroturf all the way. They manipulated many gamers into being outraged over the normal growing pains that every large game goes through. They ordered you all to bark angrily, and some of you did indeed bark angrily.

You've been emotionally manipulated, if you fell for it.

Notice that the outrage campaign, complete with getting people to demand refunds and getting Sony to remove it from their store, was all rolled out just as the game was rolling out.

Who knows why - that part's all guesswork (real life corpo corruption/politics/competition/whatever), but it did happen, and gullible people parrotted them right on cue.

The only actual serious problem (the save files getting corrupt due to size) happened way AFTER the outrage campaign started, so that's obviously not what the outrage was about. And, that serious problem was quickly fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

And now, Forbes is telling you to both expect huge changes from 1.2, and to also be incredibly disappointed in it. Don't fall for it.

Top Bottom