Forbes:. CDPR Faces Extreme Skepticism Ahead Of Cyberpunk 2077’s 1.2 Patch

+
Already fans are preparing themselves that this is probably not going to be the patch to turn the game around.

True.
If it allows Sony to put it back into the store and XBox Old systems work better, than yes, it will turn the game around.
What it is not going to do is make the game into the Cyberpunk that no one was working on, but it does not need that to turn it around.

"being outraged over the normal growing pains that every large game goes through"..."gullible people parrotted them right on cue"...?

U thihk than because one after one some large game go through that s allowed ?and than people are gullible ?
there only 2 kind of people in busyness : those who have rights ,and other who haven t. And A Man who haven t rights can be called or use in manyways.
that s why words given by marketplace are important,and declaration they make important too in front of constitution u get at last.
sold as beta or preview ok, GAME in commercial version : corruption.(read hotfix,patch and update)(see game as preview as define microsoft xbox faq)
manipulated or not,it could be nice to stop this corruption.That s why" rules " are for everyone the same. or u agreed there re some priviligied people ?because?
Young are influencable ,kids more, what will they sell after this to next gen if u think than people are guillible so it s their fault if all is corrupted
[
What is Xbox Game Preview?
Xbox Game Preview is a way for our fans to preview and purchase work-in-progress digital titles, participate in the development process and help developers make Xbox One games the best they can be.

How does Xbox Game Preview work?
Xbox Game Preview games can be purchased and played like regular titles. Because the games are still in development, they might be missing content, contain bugs, or need extra balancing work that will come later via updates. Similarly, select Xbox One features like Share may also be unavailable until the final game is released. Once the game is purchased, you are entitled to every update as the game moves to its final commercial release as well as the final version of the game when it is finished.

How do I find Game Preview games?
Listing of current Xbox Game Preview titles are available in the Microsoft Store on Xbox One in a dedicated Game Preview section.

Is Xbox Game Preview available in my market?
Xbox Game Preview is available in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the United States. It will be up to the publisher to decide which countries the game included in Xbox Game Preview will be available in.

Is there a chance the game I purchased will never be finished?
We work hard with Xbox Game Preview applicants prior to approval to make sure they have a plan to update their title going forward and solicit community feedback. That said, games purchased in Xbox Game Preview are a work-in-progress and may or may not change over time. We cannot guarantee all games available in the program will be finished.

Will my progress carry over to the final game?
Since you’re playing early, unfinished games, we can’t guarantee that all of your progress will carry over to the final release. If you get an achievement in Xbox Game Preview it will always stay earned.

Do I need an Xbox Live Gold membership to participate in Xbox Game Preview?
Xbox Game Preview games are available in the Xbox One Marketplace and abide to the same rules around Xbox Live Gold as other available games.

Where can I share my feedback on the digital game I purchased via Game Preview?
When a game enters Xbox Game Preview, the developer commits to host a forum for the community on their website. The website address changes based on the developer and the game.

Will Xbox Game Preview games work the same way as other games for sharing on Twitch or via Upload? Will it be seen on Activity Feeds?
Xbox Game Preview content is shareable by default. There are no platform-level restrictions, but like other Xbox One games, developers can mark segments to prevent recording.
/SPOILER]

Having worked in software development (a long time ago) I can tell you this...
Bug fixing is very unpredictable.
Its entirely possible that a bug that takes five minutes or less to actually correct, took 2+ hours to find/understand and 4+ hours to test. It may even take too long to fix in the time available and be put to one side so they can work on something that takes less time.

Even once something is fixed and tested it may be that an unexpected interaction means that the correction doesnt work in quite the way that was expected, or it may be that fixing one bug reveals a second bug that was hidden in a related piece of code.

Until something is actually tested and passed CDPR simply cannot say for certain what will be in any given patch. And even then there may still be issues given the range of hardware the program will run on. Given how some players have responded to the situation so far, I can entirely understand CDPR trying to minimise the criticism by only announcing what they are reasonably certain will be in the patch.

This is why the patch news last week was relatively light on details, those were design changes to systems that they probably started working on relatively early, and were at least going through testing at that point. Im sure there will be more bug fixes, but you will have to wait for the patch notes to find out exactly what. And as with many other games not every bugfix will be noted, and probably a few bug fixes wont work properly.

That is just the way it is. Trust me, everyone wants the game to work perfectly. The people at CDPR most of all.

And even if it did there would still be people complaining about it not meeting their expectations.

So another of the n-th article for clickbait sensitive people who require them to be told how to react to what still is speculative future.
Nobody with an oomph of working braincells believes this patch is gonna transform CP77 into the be-all end-all game that is flawless.
Through the last 3 months A LOT of problems were laid bare, some major, some minor, and next to that many, many, many ideas on systems that could do with an alteration.
As far as the actual issues is concerned: yes, this should be adressed (as CDPR IS doing)
As far as all the ideas that the community has, CDPR must do nothing in that regard. Its their game, and they can keep things (which do work) as they are because that may be as they intend.
Thats the way this stuff works.

If some article is gonna cherrypick the worst of the worst possibilities the patch can do, fine... I cant stop it. But it also means nothing.

People seem to have forgotten that the hack-theft has set CDPR back by a great awful lot.
Pretty sure we remember that event caused the delay of 1.2 by 1 full month.
If it was not enough time, they should have told it sooner and more honestly.
One can use the excuse of "we got hacked" to justify entire years of delays.

The outrage about Cyberpunk was not exactly a grassroots one. It was astroturf all the way. They manipulated many gamers into being outraged over the normal growing pains that every large game goes through. They ordered you all to bark angrily, and some of you did indeed bark angrily.

You've been emotionally manipulated, if you fell for it.

While it true that these "content creators" look for and encourage the next big outrage, it works both ways. This game had very good reviews before release, completely at odds with the reality of what the customer found on release day. You are even trying a bit of manipulation yourself with your implication that if you are angry about the game, it is because you have been duped into being angry by the media and you are gullible. The game is in a shit state. I made that decision based on the facts that I see when I try to play it.

While it true that these "content creators" look for and encourage the next big outrage, it works both ways. This game had very good reviews before release, completely at odds with the reality of what the customer found on release day. You are even trying a bit of manipulation yourself with your implication that if you are angry about the game, it is because you have been duped into being angry by the media and you are gullible. The game is in a shit state. I made that decision based on the facts that I see when I try to play it.
The complaints I saw when it was released, and ever since (with the exception of the promptly-fixed save file problem), were all very minor ones. Yet a big dramatic deal was made of them. One video went on and on crying that there weren't enough airborne vehicles flying around in the background as though they were promised some specific decorative amount.

I'm not sure what "facts" you see when you play, or why you personally consider the game to be in a shit state, but I doubt it's serious enough to warrant a refund campaign and an organized attempt to collapse their business. I could be wrong about your personal experience (maybe you DO have some good reason to be angry), but every such complaint I've seen so far was a tiny one that was treated as though it were a large one.

I play on a PS4. I've read everywhere that it's supposedly unplayable on that, but I've had no more crashes or problems than any other large game I've played. The graphics are fine, too. I'm on my 4th playthrough.

No refund. No regrets. :)

The complaints I saw when it was released, and ever since (with the exception of the promptly-fixed save file problem), were all very minor ones. Yet a big dramatic deal was made of them. One video went on and on crying that there weren't enough airborne vehicles flying around in the background as though they were promised some specific decorative amount.

I'm not sure what "facts" you see when you play, or why you personally consider the game to be in a shit state, but I doubt it's serious enough to warrant a refund campaign and an organized attempt to collapse their business. I could be wrong about your personal experience (maybe you DO have some good reason to be angry), but every such complaint I've seen so far was a tiny one that was treated as though it were a large one.

I play on a PS4. I've read everywhere that it's supposedly unplayable on that, but I've had no more crashes or problems than any other large game I've played. The graphics are fine, too. I'm on my 4th playthrough.

If you look at some wish lists published in this forum,reddit or some websites it looks like some people want CDPR to give up this IP so it can be taken by a very well known company that has a running franchise of open-world games in urban settings with cars and crime stories.

Would you show us some of gameplay of your?
There is reason why its taken out of PS stors and has warning label on Microsoft store

Would you show us some of gameplay of your?
There is reason why its taken out of PS stors and has warning label on Microsoft store
I think that was pulled out of PS store because CDPR offered refunds and Sony didn't agree/was not consulted,nothing directly related with Sony caring about the quality of what they were selling(of course if the game was perfect,no refunds needed).

Is it so hard to believe that there are also people on PS who have little issues?
I myself included.
Im curious about performance, from what i've seen people play games regardless of their issues, im not doubting about bugs or glitches, this varies a lot from person to person, im curious about performance
Post automatically merged:

I think that was pulled out of PS store because CDPR offered refunds and Sony didn't agree/was not consulted,nothing directly related with Sony caring about the quality of what they were selling(of course if the game was perfect,no refunds needed).
Regardless of why its been pulled, they can easily justify it, CDRP only have themselves to blame

Im curious about performance, from what i've seen people play games regardless of their issues, im not doubting about bugs or glitches, this varies a lot from person to person, im curious about performance
Post automatically merged:

Regardless of why its been pulled, they can easily justify it, CDRP only have themselves to blame
Well,I think that saying PS4 is always little misleading because there have been 3 releases (base,slim and pro). Will not be surprised that people with pro had a better experience. And for sure CDPR is the ultimate responsible for the state of the game in any platform,but you cannot sell a game for PS(physical or in digital store) without Sony doing a certification and approval,because they get a cut from sales.
The most surprising part of all the thing for me,is that Sony allowed to sell something for their exclusive platform and they don't receive 1/100 of the flak that cdpr is receiving.

Last edited:
Patch 1.2 will be patches and minor changes like Police AI. :sneaky: There is no expectation that this update will bring back cut content! Cut content back in update 1.3 or 1.4!!! ;)

Top Bottom