Forbes:. CDPR Faces Extreme Skepticism Ahead Of Cyberpunk 2077’s 1.2 Patch

+
Patch 1.2 will be patches and minor changes like Police AI. :sneaky: There is no expectation that this update will bring back cut content! Cut content back in update 1.3 or 1.4!!! ;)
I think al content changes will be in the DLCs. That would include all content moved from the base game to a DLC so that they could complete the base game in a reasonable amount of time. It will not include any base game content that was simply cut because they did not want to do it.

I think al content changes will be in the DLCs. That would include all content moved from the base game to a DLC so that they could complete the base game in a reasonable amount of time. It will not include any base game content that was simply cut because they did not want to do it.
But it would be reasonable for players if this Cut content was like FREE DLC!! NOT Paid DLC!!!

I am sure a good many people already made up their minds that the next patch was going to be a massive disappointment way before 19th dec 2020.

But it would be reasonable for players if this Cut content was like FREE DLC!! NOT Paid DLC!!!
Well, the roadmap presented earlier this year suggested that they were going to do free DLC. I am not sure if the "investors" like that idea or not. I am also not sure if that is going to change next week.

However, I have to think that it is not unusual for studios to charge for this cut content when they release it in a post-launch DLC.

Would you show us some of gameplay of your?
There is reason why its taken out of PS stors and has warning label on Microsoft store
Well,I think that saying PS4 is always little misleading because there have been 3 releases (base,slim and pro). Will not be surprised that people with pro had a better experience. And for sure CDPR is they ultimate responsible for the state of the game in any platform,but you cannot sell a game for PS(physical or in digital store) without Sony doing a certification and approval,because they get a cut from sales.
The most surprising part of all the thing for me,is that Sony allowed to sell something for their exclusive platform and they don't receive 1/100 of the flak that cdpr is receiving.
im playing on a first generation ps4 (normal one so to speak) - for me it was awful after release I got several blue screens a day in the first weeks everywhere in fights, on the road, in calls even in just looking around the area or storing stuff in my apartment. the blue screens got less after the first patches but performance vise its still a bit arguable... sound drops here and there, textures dont load in time (crashing into invisible objects on a ride or even on a longer sprint). a lot of graphical bugs I just ignore by now - but the performance can't still called AAA in my opinion. that being said I have 5 chars in different builds with nearly 1k hrs played so far. it is playable now but surely no comparison to new/current gen or high end pcs.

to most of the stuff I get used to and found plenty of workarounds if things get clunky or creepy... like the distorted view after swiping form 3rd person view to first person view after bike riding. (I just need to get back to 3rd person and leave again to 1st person - sometimes several attempts). sometimes I got 2 or even 3 calls at once where the audios overlap wich is super annoying because u cant end call and have to wait until they finished their texts... I still encounter floating objectives or "hidden enemies" which spawn out of nowhere after I cleaned a crime area... (loading issues I guess). - many nasty things but nothing groundbreaking like first week. I also encounter blue screens once in a while but way less than before the patch/hotfix.

i also notice npc clones in many areas not just 2-3 but sometimes I think I run into a football team all dressed the same.... after all I like to explore the city and try out new builds but.... yeah it is what it is... not that worse everybody still think it is but still not "good" either.

just my exp up until 2day.

im playing on a first generation ps4 (normal one so to speak) - for me it was awful after release I got several blue screens a day in the first weeks everywhere in fights, on the road, in calls even in just looking around the area or storing stuff in my apartment. the blue screens got less after the first patches but performance vise its still a bit arguable... sound drops here and there, textures dont load in time (crashing into invisible objects on a ride or even on a longer sprint). a lot of graphical bugs I just ignore by now - but the performance can't still called AAA in my opinion. that being said I have 5 chars in different builds with nearly 1k hrs played so far. it is playable now but surely no comparison to new/current gen or high end pcs.

to most of the stuff I get used to and found plenty of workarounds if things get clunky or creepy... like the distorted view after swiping form 3rd person view to first person view after bike riding. (I just need to get back to 3rd person and leave again to 1st person - sometimes several attempts). sometimes I got 2 or even 3 calls at once where the audios overlap wich is super annoying because u cant end call and have to wait until they finished their texts... I still encounter floating objectives or "hidden enemies" which spawn out of nowhere after I cleaned a crime area... (loading issues I guess). - many nasty things but nothing groundbreaking like first week. I also encounter blue screens once in a while but way less than before the patch/hotfix.

i also notice npc clones in many areas not just 2-3 but sometimes I think I run into a football team all dressed the same.... after all I like to explore the city and try out new builds but.... yeah it is what it is... not that worse everybody still think it is but still not "good" either.

just my exp up until 2day.
Thats why I'm little bit sceptic when people say "its completely playable for me". People have high toleranse for such things, because we get such stuff all the time. Considering i had performance issues, bugs and glitches and my laptop is definately better then ps4, i dont believe that it runs smoothly

Well, the roadmap presented earlier this year suggested that they were going to do free DLC. I am not sure if the "investors" like that idea or not. I am also not sure if that is going to change next week.

However, I have to think that it is not unusual for studios to charge for this cut content when they release it in a post-launch DLC.
Yes, but the game needs a lot of new Free content. Like new activities in the city and much more. That City is very empty!!!

Im curious about performance, from what i've seen people play games regardless of their issues, im not doubting about bugs or glitches, this varies a lot from person to person, im curious about performance
Post automatically merged:

Regardless of why its been pulled, they can easily justify it, CDRP only have themselves to blame
Well, I can see if I can record a short 10 minute video of me doing some casual playing. Then you can judge for yourself what you think about its performance. It'll be PS4 base.

For the record, I experience no issues in the performance as disturbing or anything in relation to me normal playstyle. When it makes a savegame is probably the worst.

And the video may also give you a good laugh or two :LOL:

Is it so hard to believe that there are also people on PS who have little issues?
I myself included.
It is strange to say the least. It's not like there are a million of options when it comes to the specs of a PS4, so why the game works fine for some, and yet is utterly unplayable for others.

Well, I can see if I can record a short 10 minute video of me doing some casual playing. Then you can judge for yourself what you think about its performance. It'll be PS4 base.

For the record, I experience no issues in the performance as disturbing or anything in relation to me normal playstyle. When it makes a savegame is probably the worst.

And the video may also give you a good laugh or two :LOL:
Sure, give it a go, interested to how it looks!

It is strange to say the least. It's not like there are a million of options when it comes to the specs of a PS4, so why the game works fine for some, and yet is utterly unplayable for others.
I suspect that depends on the health of the hardrive ( there is a kind of defrag option).

Yes, but the game needs a lot of new Free content. Like new activities in the city and much more. That City is very empty!!!
No, sorry, but just no. That's completely false. There is -plenty- to do around the city. There is many quests, side activities, hidden questlines that only start after completing a very specific quest etc etc and many cool eastereggs and whatnot to discover, including side stories. You may not like many of the things you can do around in the game and that's fine, but saying the city is empty is completely false and it verges on spreading misinformation.

Also -a lot- and free are two mutually exclussive things. To get a lot of new content a lot of people have to work on it, so you aren't entitled to it to be free, just because you bought the game in the first place.

No, sorry, but just no. That's completely false. There is -plenty- to do around the city. There is many quests, side activities, hidden questlines that only start after completing a very specific quest etc etc and many cool eastereggs and whatnot to discover, including side stories. You may not like many of the things you can do around in the game and that's fine, but saying the city is empty is completely false and it verges on spreading misinformation.

Also -a lot- and free are two mutually exclussive things. To get a lot of new content a lot of people have to work on it, so you aren't entitled to it to be free, just because you bought the game in the first place.
But there's a lot of activity missing that's been promised. And before the release, this content was cut! There's still a lot to add. Like slot machines, dancing, FastFood and more!!!

But there's a lot of activity missing that's been promised. And before the release, this content was cut! There's still a lot to add. Like slot machines, dancing, FastFood and more!!!
I am yet to see anyone from CDPR to have ever promised such things in the first place. CDPR never advertised this game, as a sandbox and those are features found exclusively in a sandbox games. Never have I seen those features anywhere being promised. Probably we have different definition of a promise. I am open to the possibility of being wrong though, sure. Show me a definite article from CDPR, not any gaming journalist or a video (again) from CDPR and not any YT content creator where they say with 100% certainty you will be able to go into clubs and dance or sit and eat at vendors etc etc or use slot machines. if they aren't such then no one has been promised those things. They said the world will feel alive and interactive and it is, but obviously not in the way some people expected. I feel for many this is their first CDPR game. The witcher 3 played exactly the same and not sure why people expected something vastly different here.

yeah... but I doubt its their priority... nearly everything we saw in the trailers were just created for the trailers... shooting while driving, cyberware special abilities, even most of the cutscenes were changed or rewritten... V in the Diner talking with a Fixer, V riding the monorail, the famous V awakening "we have a city to burn", The Radio Text which implies that Johnny Silverhand just died 1 year before the games starts, companion mission with Jacky, one-nightstands in your apartment, 3rd person cutscenes, interactive ads in the megabuilding, MaxTec-Questline, Weapon stats, carcustomization etc etc etc... I think open world activities are very low priority...and never made it beyond the concept board... like everything else they talked about but never showed up in the game...
Post automatically merged:

They said the world will feel alive and interactive and it is, but obviously not in the way some people expected.

well there was at least the interactive ad billboard which was promoted in one of the trailer which never made it in the game... u could say thats one of the "activities" they promised...

Its half truth, in my opinion game lacks meaningfull quest, there is too much copy paste quest and also its not suprising people missing some good quest because they are burried in the clusterfuck of the map

Top Bottom