Forbes:. CDPR Faces Extreme Skepticism Ahead Of Cyberpunk 2077’s 1.2 Patch

+
With 1 €$ ,i don t take time to raise or hunt and skin an animal,to wash my hand from blood that live i ve took put on me,
I don t took time to cut woods to make fire to cook its flesh,as i don t took time to feed the earth to make vegetable grows
I don t took time to get woods or rock from mountain to build a home with my arms.
Etc...every day, and that way, i can do my job in society with others i work for and with.
They ask 69€ or59$ in some market for a software some were paid and employ to take their time making it.
They sell a game.not a beta version or preview.Why this is in work in progress ?why still waiting after a patch 3 months later ?
Can t they say work is over and game is ready instead of this?
Too much corruption in this software for now to be told and sold as a game
Better things to do right now than wait of their words and news wich worth nothing and have no constitution at end
If you have better things to do than wait, then go do them. Your posts are barely legible, I think you've made your point here, and why you chose to create an account just to say something about skinning animals and cooking flesh before saying you have better things to do is simply bizarre behavior.

If you don't like it or want to play it, then i'd suggest you follow your own advice and move on with your life to something better.

The article in question is already collecting dust and I don't see this thread lasting beyond the next patch drop.

If I recall all settings are just plain ordinary, I just quickly entered the game and played some. the video is unedited recording.
Nice one, I'm a base ps4 too bought in 2016 put a bigger hard-drive in when we bought it and had to re-initialise the database recently because the dog pulled the whole lot off the side by running through the vr cable!

My Cyberpunk has been running similar to your video since 1.06

Ehh. I find it so hard to feel outrage over a game considering we're in the worst pandemic since the Spanish Flu. With the way things are going in the UK and across Europe, I'd be amazed if anything was functioning smoothly at all, games companies included. Apparently Poland is at its worst point with Covid so far. So, like, yeah, we should expect things will go a lot slower than normal.

I've been frustrated too but it's not exactly a normal time so that has to be factored in whether we like it or not. The game came out and wasn't ready, we accept that, and things might've been a lot better now but three things took place : a global pandemic, a christmas break not long after the game had come out, then the hacking of CDPR. So it's not like the game came out over 3 months ago and CDPR have just been lounging around not caring.

It's weekend so there's nothing we can do now but I do think the patch will be ready before the month is out purely because of the amount of times they've updated steam builds recently. A final thing is that some of us had starting thinking the patch was going to be ready by friday, but CDPR had definitely never said that was the case so that's on us really.

In 48 hours hopefully we'll be there or about there.

Ehh. I find it so hard to feel outrage over a game considering we're in the worst pandemic since the Spanish Flu. With the way things are going in the UK and across Europe, I'd be amazed if anything was functioning smoothly at all, games companies included. Apparently Poland is at its worst point with Covid so far. So, like, yeah, we should expect things will go a lot slower than normal.
If the company my brother works(sells pastry products in stores) manages to make 90k profit monthly this last months, last year and deliver quality products with lockdowns and restrictions in a country like Romania can be no excuse for why CDPR delays so much in delivery of a good quality product when as a software company its people work on pcs and its not necessary to interact with clients.
I find it no hard at all to feel outrage when other companies released such good products 2020-2021: Hitman 3, RDR2, Metro Exodus, Last of Us 2, Doom Eternal, Ghost of Tsushima, Half-Life: Alyx, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Resident Evil 3, Nioh 2, Amnesia: Rebirth, Valheim and so on.
So i feel the skepticism and outrage CDPR faces is normal and justified.

It's a matter of prioritising. While it might be easy to fix, it is also a rather minor inconveniece. There exist plenty of bugs that need adressing first.

And even the most smallest bugfix has considerable overhead: Implementing, developer testing, committing, maybe code review and signoff, and finally QA testing. You can easily end up in a situation where you spend 10 minutes coding, and 2 hours or more getting your stuff into the next test version.
i can assure you it is major inconvenience. In fact it is impossible to play comfortably any melee oriented build without it.
And while I do understand that complicated things do take a lot of time to make and test, i don't understand why they simply ignore such major and easy fixable flaws for a whole 4 months to this date

If the company my brother works(sells pastry products in stores) manages to make 90k profit monthly this last months, last year and deliver quality products with lockdowns and restrictions in a country like Romania can be no excuse for why CDPR delays so much in delivery of a good quality product when as a software company its people work on pcs and its not necessary to interact with clients.
I find it no hard at all to feel outrage when other companies released such good products 2020-2021: Hitman 3, RDR2, Metro Exodus, Last of Us 2, Doom Eternal, Ghost of Tsushima, Half-Life: Alyx, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Resident Evil 3, Nioh 2, Amnesia: Rebirth, Valheim and so on.
So i feel the skepticism and outrage CDPR faces is normal and justified.

Everyone, listen up, the economy is buckling under this pandemic, but it's okay: there's a guy's brother's pastry company in Romania that's doing well, so it's all coooooool (rumours say it's because supermarkets are 'essential' and people still need to eat, but who knows...)
Hahaha, I'm messing with you. Though I think it's safe to say that working on this game is probably a lot harder than making pastries :ROFLMAO:

The point is, this is a crazy time right now and it's generally made things worse. Personally, I'd find it harder to work isolated at home - I'd find it harder to collaborate, to get into a professional headspace, plus I doubt it would do my mental health any good. And just look at the game; it's an absolute beast.

Also I don't think it's fair to compare CP2077 to all those other games (btw, some of those were released a year or so earlier, or early in the pandemic). Plus you have to take into account how complex each game is and how much time had already been spent on them. You can't claim it's all the same when it isn't. And if the Bloomberg report that was put out a while back is to be believed, then they're already busting their asses on this. Cracking the whip isn't going to help.

Yeah, we do indeed live in strange times.
for some reactions on these forums one would almos think that people forget.
And in a lesser version, some also seem to forget CDPR is not an american based developer, which emans different regulations are in play.
Post automatically merged:

Nice one, I'm a base ps4 too bought in 2016 put a bigger hard-drive in when we bought it and had to re-initialise the database recently because the dog pulled the whole lot off the side by running through the vr cable!

My Cyberpunk has been running similar to your video since 1.06
Thanks :) First time making a video recording like this. Looking back, was rather fun to do :p
And yeah it has been like that as from 1.06 for me too. Game has ran like this, which I consider to be smooth enough to get a world of enjoyment out of.

Everyone, listen up, the economy is buckling under this pandemic, but it's okay: there's a guy's brother's pastry company in Romania that's doing well, so it's all coooooool (rumours say it's because supermarkets are 'essential' and people still need to eat, but who knows...)
Hahaha, I'm messing with you. Though I think it's safe to say that working on this game is probably a lot harder than making pastries :ROFLMAO:

The point is, this is a crazy time right now and it's generally made things worse. Personally, I'd find it harder to work isolated at home - I'd find it harder to collaborate, to get into a professional headspace, plus I doubt it would do my mental health any good. And just look at the game; it's an absolute beast.

Also I don't think it's fair to compare CP2077 to all those other games (btw, some of those were released a year or so earlier, or early in the pandemic). Plus you have to take into account how complex each game is and how much time had already been spent on them. You can't claim it's all the same when it isn't. And if the Bloomberg report that was put out a while back is to be believed, then they're already busting their asses on this. Cracking the whip isn't going to help.
WEVE GOT DODGSON HERE!!!
tenor-1.gif

Not really.
I think everybody knows the most were hit during this pandemic is Horeca business.
It clearly more less of impact when people work on pcs (which they can do from Home too) and there can be zero interaction with clients (product is sold mostly online).
So if a Horeca business from Romania can deliver quality products while being affected by pandemic there is no excuse for the gaming giant CDPR.

If a new company like Iron Gate Studio can make a good quality product(Valheim) with 5 people there is no excuse for the giant CDPR.
RDR2, Death Stranding, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Watch Dogs Legion, Baldur Gates 3, Spelunky 2, Amnesia Rebirth, Crusader Kings 3, Godfall released autumn late 2020.
Hitman 3, Valheim released in 2021.
Valorant released June 2020. Last of US 2 released in July. Microsoft Flight Simulator, Wasteland 3 released August 2020.
The problem that there is a big difference in quality, functionality, optimizations, bugs when compared with the above games.
The skepticism and outrage CDPR faces is normal and justified.

Last edited:
Not really.
Skepticism, yes. Criticism, yes. Outrage, No.

You want the best outcome? A game fixed as quickly as possible and a dev company in a better place to produce the next game?
Have you ever tried to work while someone is yelling at you all the time? You may be able to do it, but you are unlikely to produce your best work. Its the same for software developers. Well thought out criticism helps the process, outrage doesnt.

The real problem is that the management at CDPR lost track of where the game really was in terms of performance and quality. Something that would be harder to keep track of with so many people working from home. Running a large team is much harder to coordinate than a small team anyway, to then have to move the people offsite is a serious undertaking both in practical terms (hardware, software licensing, connecting to the central servers and so on,) and in terms of managment of people and the project in general, and Im sure was something that CDPR were still getting used to.

That doesnt excuse CDPR, they could and should have done better. The game should not have been released in the condition it was. Or at least the console launch should have been delayed.
But this kind of thing is unfortunately one of those things that happens from time to time in group endeavours. (I seem to recall a similar situation being partly at fault for the Challenger disaster.) You cant undo it however much you wish you could, all you can do is pick up the pieces and move on. To do that CDPR need to fix the game, deliver on the DLC and internally at least examine what happened and why and put measures in place to ensure it doesnt happen again.

I have no doubt that CDPR will fix the game given time. With the Witcher games they patched all of them for several years after release, including free major overhauls to game systems, engine and of course usually several DLC. There is a reason CDPR are held in the regard they are, its not that they dont make mistakes, everyone does, its because if they do they tend to admit them and work hard to fix them. That is not that common in the games development industry. Their reputation may be a bit tarnished at the moment, but my expectation is that they will work hard to regain it.

Not really.

You want the best outcome? A game fixed as quickly as possible and a dev company in a better place to produce the next game?
Have you ever tried to work while someone is yelling at you all the time? You may be able to do it, but you are unlikely to produce your best work. Its the same for software developers. Well thought out criticism helps the process, outrage doesnt.

The real problem is that the management at CDPR lost track of where the game really was in terms of performance and quality. Something that would be harder to keep track of with so many people working from home. Running a large team is much harder to coordinate than a small team anyway, to then have to move the people offsite is a serious undertaking both in practical terms (hardware, software licensing, connecting to the central servers and so on,) and in terms of managment of people and the project in general, and Im sure was something that CDPR were still getting used to.

That doesnt excuse CDPR, they could and should have done better. The game should not have been released in the condition it was. Or at least the console launch should have been delayed.
But this kind of thing is unfortunately one of those things that happens from time to time in group endeavours. (I seem to recall a similar situation being partly at fault for the Challenger disaster.) You cant undo it however much you wish you could, all you can do is pick up the pieces and move on. To do that CDPR need to fix the game, deliver on the DLC and internally at least examine what happened and why and put measures in place to ensure it doesnt happen again.

I have no doubt that CDPR will fix the game given time. With the Witcher games they patched all of them for several years after release, including free major overhauls to game systems, engine and of course usually several DLC. There is a reason CDPR are held in the regard they are, its not that they dont make mistakes, everyone does, its because if they do they tend to admit them and work hard to fix them. That is not that common in the games development industry. Their reputation may be a bit tarnished at the moment, but my expectation is that they will work hard to regain it.
you said: "Not really.
Have you ever tried to work while someone is yelling at you all the time? You may be able to do it, but you are unlikely to produce your best work. Its the same for software developers. Well thought out criticism helps the process, outrage doesnt."

Not really. Bad analogy.
Nobody its yelling at them.
They are isolated from the clients. People only complain on forums, social media and youtube which can be avoided so easy.
Also if you cant work under pressure go be farmer or raise sheep in mountains.

you said: "The real problem is that the management at CDPR lost track of where the game really was in terms of performance and quality. Something that would be harder to keep track of with so many people working from home. Running a large team is much harder to coordinate than a small team anyway, to then have to move the people offsite is a serious undertaking both in practical terms (hardware, software licensing, connecting to the central servers and so on,) and in terms of managment of people and the project in general, and Im sure was something that CDPR were still getting used to."

That's speculation and the excuse does not work for Rockstar, Nauthy Dog, Ubisoft, Square Enix and the rest of gaming companies who got games released late 2020 and 2021 in good conditions had no such problems. Not even by far. The constrast is too big for the excuse to work.

you said: "But this kind of thing is unfortunately one of those things that happens from time to time in group endeavours. (I seem to recall a similar situation being partly at fault for the Challenger disaster.) You cant undo it however much you wish you could, all you can do is pick up the pieces and move on. To do that CDPR need to fix the game, deliver on the DLC and internally at least examine what happened and why and put measures in place to ensure it doesnt happen again."

Another bad analogy.
Challenger faults were not known beforehand. The people were scientists mostly interested in altrustic goals=furthering human knowledge and exploration of space. The astronauts were heroes.
The goals behind CDPR being a corporation with investors are just profits.
CDPR knew about the faults beforehand and tried to hide it. Trailers did not showed PS4 base gameplay.
Reviewers were not allowed to show ps4 gameplay footage and so one.

Not really.
I think everybody knows the most were hit during this pandemic is Horeca business.
It clearly more less of impact when people work on pcs (which they can do from Home too) and there can be zero interaction with clients (product is sold mostly online).
So if a Horeca business from Romania can deliver quality products while being affected by pandemic there is no excuse for the gaming giant CDPR.

If a new company like Iron Gate Studio can make a good quality product(Valheim) with 5 people there is no excuse for the giant CDPR.
RDR2, Death Stranding, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Watch Dogs Legion, Baldur Gates 3, Spelunky 2, Amnesia Rebirth, Crusader Kings 3, Godfall released autumn late 2020.
Hitman 3, Valheim released in 2021.
Valorant released June 2020. Last of US 2 released in July. Microsoft Flight Simulator, Wasteland 3 released August 2020.
The problem that there is a big difference in quality, functionality, optimizations, bugs when compared with the above games.

The majority of what you mentioned, either have already been released or were released only a couple of months into the pandemic, which obviously means the pandemic didn't at all (or barely) affected their development process. Yes, some were indeed released late into 2020 or even 2021, but comparing Hitman 3, Yakuza, Crusader Kings 3, Spelunky 2 etc to CP? Come on, seriously.... The scale of those games are on a completely different level. Not comparison whatsoever can be made given how much complex and massive CP is compared to all of them combined.

Meanwhile CP development was hit by the pandemic 7 months before it's release. So your comparisons are far, far from fair.

Not sure how you even placed RDR2 being released late autumn 2020 when it released in 2018.. yaikes.

All the changes they have shown us, should have been implemented things from the start LOL
Dam I really want to finish the game, but it just so bleh when you string these bugs together, I went from ps4pro to PC

It is literally the same exact buggy broken game , but it looks better and I can run 60FPS I actually encountered more game breaking bugs on PC.
Here's to hoping 1.3 is significantly better

The scale of those games are on a completely different level. Not comparison whatsoever can be made given how much complex and massive CP is compared to all of them combined.
Shame the "complexity" that many keep referring to isn't actually reflected in the game. Having a massive map is pointless if there is not enough gameplay and features to make it worthwile and the game systems themselves are nothing new or spectacular and represent a rather low grade effort in many areas when compared to other titles. So, with that in mind, what does this game do that some keep referring to as "complex" in the sense of being so much more advanced that what has been done before? This game has been stitched together and cut to the bone.

Guest 3847602

So, with that in mind, what does this game do that some keep referring to as "complex" in the sense of being so much more advanced that what has been done before?
Open-ended level design allowing you to experiment with combat, stealthy approach and finding alternate routes to your objective through exploration and passing skillchecks. There's no other game that offers Deus Ex gameplay loop in the open world.

Shame the "complexity" that many keep referring to isn't actually reflected in the game. Having a massive map is pointless if there is not enough gameplay and features to make it worthwile and the game systems themselves are nothing new or spectacular and represent a rather low grade effort in many areas when compared to other titles. So, with that in mind, what does this game do that some keep referring to as "complex" in the sense of being so much more advanced that what has been done before? This game has been stitched together and cut to the bone.
I didn't say the game accomplished anything new and ground breaking never ever seen before. I said it's massive and more complex compared to some of those games combined that were mentioned, as comparison by the original poster I quoted.

Also cool that's like your opinion. I found enough interesting things to do and enjoy whilst exploring the map between the main story, side quests and such. I will hardly call the game stiched together and cut to the bone. The aspects in which CDPR excel e.g gripping main story and side quests, interesting characters, fantastic and live like animations, world building and amazing ambience and music were done well. I never expected sand box type of content and gameplay - I expect Witcher type of game set in a Cyberpunk universe and that's exactly what I got. For me personally when all bugs are fixed (hopefully), the game polished and new content added with DLC this will be easily a GOTY for me.

That's also, as far as I will go with this conversation. I have no intention wasting my time here listening to someone trying to explain to me how I should be disappointed by game I immensily enjoyed. I was simply pointing out the comparisons made were unfair from where I am standing.

Open-ended level design allowing you to experiment with combat, stealthy approach and finding alternate routes to your objective through exploration and passing skillchecks. There's no other game that offers Deus Ex gameplay loop in the open world.
Many of Bethesda's titles do exactly that.
Post automatically merged:

That's also, as far as I will go with this conversation. I have no intention wasting my time here listening to someone trying to explain to me how I should be disappointed by game I immensily enjoyed. I was simply pointing out the comparisons made were unfair from where I am standing.
That's fair enough, but you are trying to tell people who aren't happy that they are wrong in their opinions, so it works both ways. Still yet to hear anyone state what the "complexity" is. No one can seem to point to an actual aspect of the game, other than the size of the map, that is "complex" beyond any other titles with similar systems. "It's big and complex" seems to be another usual shield being touted out to defend the very poor state of a game that was heralded by its makers as the "next level" of open world design. If they meant "large map", then they should have said that because what they did say gave the distinct impression that gamers were in for a real treat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom