Forbes interviews Marcin Iwiński, part 3

+
Forbes interviews Marcin Iwiński, part 3

Check out the third and final part of Forbes extensive interview conducted with Marcin Iwiński on CD Projekt RED and our stance on DRM. If you missed previous pieces, heres the first one and the second one.

very objective Marcin. If I earn less than 200€ per month how can I buy game for 59€ There are many ways to earn money from game not just from selling number of copies, look at League of Legends for example and their approach.

off topic : by my opinion diablo 3 should be free and if you want to play 24/7 in next 2 months you can buy rare items for 1€ if you want you buy 100 items for 1€ each Blizard are greedy bastards who are in love with themselves
have played diablo 3 beta for 3 days and I'm not impressed comparing to Witcher 2 is crap of a game

DrowRanger87 said:
If I earn less than 200€ per month how can I buy game for 59€

At the risk of being facetious, if you earn less than 200€ per month, you're not in Forbes' target demographic. They call themselves the "Capitalist Tool" for good reason.

Seriously, excellent article, and good to read of a publisher who takes the FUD surrounding DRM seriously enough to do something constructive instead.

Aver

Forum veteran
DrowRanger87 said:
very objective Marcin. If I earn less than 200€ per month how can I buy game for 59€ There are many ways to earn money from game not just from selling number of copies, look at League of Legends for example and their approach.

The same way that you bought a PC that is capable to run TW2. ;) But seriously, how do you imagine free to play model in any The Witcher game?

Good read. Those guys at Forbes are quickly becoming one of my favourite game "journalists", as they provide points of view hard to find elsewhere.

I did miss the second article, in fact, but I have now read them all. Nice writing, I think I might visit Forbes more often... though they don't always seem to knowledgeable as far as video games are concerned. Perhaps that's good though, as they also appear to do less of the hyping most gaming sites are so fond of.

Best of luck to you guys with TW & GOG! I sure as hell will continue to support you.

"Whether they buy it in full price, mid-price or maybe even budget is less important. We want them to have the legal version and became fans of the Witcher franchise, as when the next game comes they will be hooked and they will go and buy it on day one."

This line is so true xD I mean i did buy games on midprice but its true that as soon you really realy wanna play the next part of the game.. you really will buy it the first day its in store. Maybe also because you know what you get for your money ofcourse, i only buy games for full price if i know for sure its good. I bought the witcher games a phew months ago because i didnt know much about the games but my friend told me i want it lol ((he knows me too well)) so i bought part 1 first played it and then part 2 and also finished that so yes i want part 3 and buy full price if needed~!

As a consumer, all I ask in return for paying a product is a good and responsive post-sales service. And in a matter of compliance with product warranty, CDPR meets and convinces me.

P.S.
Have I won a medallion with this compliment, guys? :p

Very good article !
Very informative !

Mr Iwinski nails it right there, DRM is truly a curse in the present day gaming landscape, and a lot of Pirates, pirate a game, not because they want to be criminals, but because they opt for honest open ended products.
Current day DRM functionalities is more often than not very harmful for customers.
Besides there is a risk of companies breaching all kinds of privacy rules for the so called benefit of their product.

So basically its possible that gaming companies themselves might not be honest with their costumers, and actually permit themselves courses of action, that by law are illegal.
I'm very glad that CDproject is very different in this regard, and I fully support them, and GOG.com.
Keep up the good work guys, and show the rest of the industry that this is the way to go !

Top Bottom