+
MB: ASUS H110-M2
CPU: INTEL G4560
RAM: 8GB+4GB KINGSTON
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1650
HDD: 1TB 7200RPM
One fullHD TV 60hz
NVIDIA Driver version: 460.89
Windows 10 version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685)

Didn't optimize through Geforce experience, just entered the game settings to medium-high.
Don't use Geforce experience Overlay.
Bought through steam, installed on a HDD... the only different thing that i did was updating the game and i noticed it was different, after this i already tried a bunch of things... changing settings on the options.json files, tried some mods, verified the game files, run the game as adm, disabled fullscreen optimization... no success

If you have any friends who doesn't experience this problem on 1.04, please ask them to take a screenshot of nomad V with patch in their hand from the first cutscene like here - https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=476ddb74-3fce-11eb-83c8-ebb5d6f907df
It would be nice if they would provide 1920x1080 screenshot of this scene without any post effects enabled in the settings.
We also have a case of DLSS improving this problem, so ask them to disable it for this screenshot.
And if they have the time, ask them to include their basic PC specs as well as GPU driver version and things like that.

Everyone experiences this problem. It's just that most people don't notice it, or aren't bothered by it like we are. DLSS blurs the image and therefore reduces the sharpening noise. Sharpening also highlights lower Screen Space Reflections Quality (lower than psycho). If you have Ray Tracing on then this replaces SSR afaik, so this also solves the problem.
So I think it'd be better to post in game settings, instead of PC specs.

Everyone experiences this problem. It's just that most people don't notice it, or aren't bothered by it like we are. DLSS blurs the image and therefore reduces the sharpening noise. Sharpening also highlights lower Screen Space Reflections Quality (lower than psycho). If you have Ray Tracing on then this replaces SSR afaik, so this also solves the problem.
So I think it'd be better to post in game settings, instead of PC specs.
To be honest, I believe you are right and this sharpening thing became real for absolutely everyone, the thing is, CDPR support doesn't believe it and we need to make it seem like a real deal with enough proof. I think support and devs just look at the 1.04 patch note to see no changes to sharpening and then respond like they did nothing to the game.
We need to show them that this thing IS real.

Yeah, patch in the hand looks identical to mine, so we have absolutely the same sharpening.
Post automatically merged:

At the same time, DLSS is not sharpened at all which does make it appear rather blurry.
It's almost like all developers used 4k screens and DLSS for testing and forgot to delete sharpening that was supposed to be only on consoles.

To be honest, I believe you are right and this sharpening thing became real for absolutely everyone, the thing is, CDPR support doesn't believe it and we need to make it seem like a real deal with enough proof. I think support and devs just look at the 1.04 patch note to see no changes to sharpening and then respond like they did nothing to the game.
We need to show them that this thing IS real.

Oh they know what they've done, especially since they've done it due to so many complaints about blur. But you hardly see any complaints about sharpening, so I bet they're happy.
Anyway, the launch was a mess and devs are crunching to get all the game breaking bugs fixed, so I don't think they care about a "minor" problem like this.

Anyway, the launch was a mess and devs are crunching to get all the game breaking bugs fixed, so I don't think they care about a "minor" problem like this.
True, so for it to be fixed we still need to keep threads like that afloat. Maybe, some day they will have time to add this option, maybe in the next patch.. hopefully.

Maybe the sharpening from the fidelityFX is not properly resetting when turned off? I know I used it once or twice.

My specs:
MB: ASRock B450 Pro
CPU: AMD R5 2600
RAM: 16, now 32GB DDR4 3000 GSkill
GPU: Saphire Nitro+ RX590
HDD: Samsung M2 500GB SSD
Samsung Curved 24" 1080p
AMD Driver version: 20.12.1 with and without extra game profile, with and without surface texture optimization. Most settings disabled. AMD Tesselation on.
Windows 10 version: 18363

Last edited:
doing it doesn't really change anything for me.. it's like the game suffered a imense downgrade

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention - also have Multi-Framed Sampled AA On as well. If that does not help, well then I dunno.

Attachments

• 2020-12-18 01_35_00-Window.png
    2020-12-18 01_35_00-Window.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 50
Oh, yeah, forgot to mention - also have Multi-Framed Sampled AA On as well. If that does not help, well then I dunno.

yeah i tried that as well... no luck, and actually i wanted to ask of u guys something... when my nvidia Sharpness filter is turned off no matter the game and no matter what i do it always looks like PIC 1, but for some reason in cyberpunk it looks like PIC 2, every single game is like PIC 1, i dont even need to turn off it manually, or change anything just by using the global settings, it just gets blacked out like PIC 1, in PIC 2 it fells like its not really applying it might be just my mind goin crazy but oh well..

Attachments

• PIC 1.JPG
    PIC 1.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 45
  • PIC 2.JPG
    PIC 2.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 45
I never changed any global setting, so for me it looks like that.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.png
    2.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.png
    3.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 40
yeah i tried that as well... no luck, and actually i wanted to ask of u guys something... when my nvidia Sharpness filter is turned off no matter the game and no matter what i do it always looks like PIC 1, but for some reason in cyberpunk it looks like PIC 2, every single game is like PIC 1, i dont even need to turn off it manually, or change anything just by using the global settings, it just gets blacked out like PIC 1, in PIC 2 it fells like its not really applying it might be just my mind goin crazy but oh well..

If it's set to use The default setting from the main tab in your program-specific options - and it is off on the main tab you can leave it like that. Can't read the language, but I know the Config App well enough to kinda recognise the options LOL

Doubt my specs would help, but I'll post them since it was asked for.

MB: Asus Prime X470-Pro
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Eight Core 3.75 GHz
RAM: 16x2 Cosair DDR4
GPU: Stock GTX 1080
Single 1920x1090 144hz monitor
NVIDIA Driver version: 460.89
Windows 10 version: Home 64bit (10, Build 18363)

Top Bottom