Forest Whisperers - Why to change from being useless to being useless?

+

rrc

Forum veteran
If this card was not touched, at least we would be having some hope that may rework this card to be somewhat viable/playable. But repeatedly the devs make change to ST cards from being useless to being useless again in a different form. Did they honestly think that people are not playing Forest Whisperers because they think Shield is useless? They thought that if we make it give 3 vitality people will start using it and moving it to ranged row to get the 3 vitality?

How did someone propose this change first and no one asked this question "So, people are not using it because they think Shield is useless? Isn't it because moving the card to ranged row to get additional effect doesn't fit the harmony/poison archetype?" No one thought of putting this discussion point? Are they being purposefully negligent? Or they simple don't give a damn to think more about why is this card useless? Did they simply want to add more bullets to ST without meaning to actually make them meaningful/good?

When she had two deploy effects based on rows, they changed it and that time Slama was very proud of the change. They went on about discussing how this would be cool. No one played this card. Now, instead they are touching this card after around an year and still keep it as crappy as card it was before. Why to even do this?

At least the Saboteur and Waylay changes make sense. People can't complaint anymore saying they are crappy worthless cards, which they are. They have been moved out of "discussion range" and will remain unused in the deckbuilder. But Forest Whisperers change makes no sense at all.

She is a 4 for 5 with poison.

Almost all the other cards are 4 for 4 with poison.

But she has another efect that prevents the card to brick (only have 1 poison in hand). I think she is "ok", maybe they can give her 1 extra point to be a 5 for 5.

The problem is the poison archtetype its not so playable in SC.

But i know if they change her to something complete diferent and take off the poison, ppl will bame about it, sayin there is only 2 bronze cards in SC wich gives poison while have 4 in NG and SY

If this card was not touched, at least we would be having some hope that may rework this card to be somewhat viable/playable. But repeatedly the devs make change to ST cards from being useless to being useless again in a different form. Did they honestly think that people are not playing Forest Whisperers because they think Shield is useless? They thought that if we make it give 3 vitality people will start using it and moving it to ranged row to get the 3 vitality?

How did someone propose this change first and no one asked this question "So, people are not using it because they think Shield is useless? Isn't it because moving the card to ranged row to get additional effect doesn't fit the harmony/poison archetype?" No one thought of putting this discussion point? Are they being purposefully negligent? Or they simple don't give a damn to think more about why is this card useless? Did they simply want to add more bullets to ST without meaning to actually make them meaningful/good?

When she had two deploy effects based on rows, they changed it and that time Slama was very proud of the change. They went on about discussing how this would be cool. No one played this card. Now, instead they are touching this card after around an year and still keep it as crappy as card it was before. Why to even do this?

At least the Saboteur and Waylay changes make sense. People can't complaint anymore saying they are crappy worthless cards, which they are. They have been moved out of "discussion range" and will remain unused in the deckbuilder. But Forest Whisperers change makes no sense at all.
You mean "less useless"? Idk why but they refuse to make ST poisons 4p.
Post automatically merged:

She is a 4 for 5 with poison.

Almost all the other cards are 4 for 4 with poison.

But she has another efect that prevents the card to brick (only have 1 poison in hand). I think she is "ok", maybe they can give her 1 extra point to be a 5 for 5.

The problem is the poison archtetype its not so playable in SC.

But i know if they change her to something complete diferent and take off the poison, ppl will bame about it, sayin there is only 2 bronze cards in SC wich gives poison while have 4 in NG and SY
Nah she needs to be 4p, the secondary effect is an order and it is vitality which is slow....so it's a double slow card. Definitely needs 4p and zeal

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I completely agree. At least the shield was a unique thing for ST cards so it made it somewhat interesting. But now it's still useless but not even interesting since ST has about 15 other ways to give vitality lol. >_<

I completely agree. At least the shield was a unique thing for ST cards so it made it somewhat interesting. But now it's still useless but not even interesting since ST has about 15 other ways to give vitality lol. >_<
My thoughts exactly. Vitality might be more generally useful; but ST hardly needs another source of vitality.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Shield was useful sometimes, specially with Guerilla Tactics ability, maybe to protect some powerful engines or key cards like Gezras. I prefer her actual Order Vitality ability on useless cards like Dryad Grovekeeper, Add Symbiosis to her and voilá we have an useful and good card in combination with Hamadryad. Then you can revert the change on Forest Whisperer and bring back the Shield Order ability.

No, I'm certain I meant symbiosis, thanks. I'm not suggesting it's anything but a bit of fun atm, but the bare bones of a solid list are there. Already there are a number of good control options for this type of build (rebuke, boar, protector, PS/sentinels, circle, treant trap) and, combined with good pointslam from Eithne, Gord, Saesenthesis and hamadryad, youd see that a control version is definitely possible, albeit with a few needed buffs (guardian, Braenn, maybe treant trap but tbh its actually pretty decent just lacks support) and, of course, the aforementioned symbiosis addition. Moreover, wouldn't you like the option of tall punish in your devotion symbiosis list? Tree is awkward admittedly (but rebuke makes it less so), and 3 seems to be the magic number when it comes to poison, but potentially putting 2 additional passive engines plus poison on the board, is not to be dismissed. It would certainly be an improvement over shield and vitality and you probably wouldn't want to run 4 bronze dryads in harmony anyway, especially when you have tree, council and no devotion requirements on oneiromancy. Imo, poison is potentially a much better fit with NG than harmony, simply because you are already running decent control/removal.

Top Bottom