Forfeit tutorial needed

+
Please, in the name of all that is holy, add some explanation on the forfeit feature for new players! It's really easy both on mobile devices and on stationary computers.
I refuse to believe that all of the people who suddenly start having connectivity issues after a misplay or their bad move (or a good move on my part) are maliciously trying to waste my time waiting for the auto-win.
I know connection loss happens (I've lost quite a few good games myself due to it, and won some when my opponents lost connection midgame - whose people deserve at least GG sent their way), but symptoms are usually different.

Please, in the name of all that is holy, add some explanation on the forfeit feature for new players! It's really easy both on mobile devices and on stationary computers.
I refuse to believe that all of the people who suddenly start having connectivity issues after a misplay or their bad move (or a good move on my part) are maliciously trying to waste my time waiting for the auto-win.
I know connection loss happens (I've lost quite a few good games myself due to it, and won some when my opponents lost connection midgame - whose people deserve at least GG sent their way), but symptoms are usually different.
I believe this is 90% about mobile players simply ragequitting or just shutting down the app on a seemingly lost match.

Mi_V

Forum regular
For most people losing is hurt and frustrating. When dealing with hurt and frustration some people rage quit. Forfeit and early pass means they have to face the reality that they are not as good as they think. Fragile ego can't stand this so quitting is the fastest way to avoid pain.

OR they have more important thing to do at the moment like their kids or boss call.

Still, isn't forfeiting (on mobile too) and starting a new match faster than having to restart the game?
Yes, it is, but notice that Messyr use the term "ragequitting". Decisions based on anger are rarely rational.

Although ultimately, I think you're right. This game needs a much more in-depth tutorial that at least explains things like voluntarily discarding cards.

For most people losing is hurt and frustrating. When dealing with hurt and frustration some people rage quit. Forfeit and early pass means they have to face the reality that they are not as good as they think. Fragile ego can't stand this so quitting is the fastest way to avoid pain.

OR they have more important thing to do at the moment like their kids or boss call.
so Escape, then Enter takes much more time than Alt+F4? they don't "wait" there, missing three turns. People I meant suddenly "lose connection".

Please stay on topic, and remember to always treat others with kindness and respect. A couple of posts deleted.

I don't intentionally flake out, but I have noticed connection issues alot more frequently lately. But believe me, I am a master of the forfeit / gg combo...I think I can do it in 0.002 seconds :)

Still, isn't forfeiting (on mobile too) and starting a new match faster than having to restart the game?
Logic plays no role in your life when you frantically close the app, then throw your mobile into the corner while shouting about "toxic meta, netdecks" as well as that mysterious thing, "Balance", the word you never really understood.
And then you come to this forum and start a topic why this game is in a poor state, and CDPR hates "fun" players.

This is more or less what keeps happening with the other player while you stare at the "Opponent connection lost" message on your screen.

ya1

Forum regular
It's rage quits. It's this kinda game. I'm guilty of them, too. Yesterday, I was trying out the new NG, and didn't draw Ball 4 freaking times in a row. Last game, the guy played so badly, got card disadvantage, and still won because he got 6 golds for R3, and I only 4. They needed to suffer, no two ways about it. Disconnect!

Another thing is some matchups are like 75% to lose these days, and when you cue into them like 10 times in a session, it feels like why tf even play, why live and let live?

When they sell Gwent, they should throw in a discount on those spongy wallpapers, so that you don't ruin you phone when you throw it against the wall. Would also help with bashing your head.

pretty sure just "minimizing" the app on the phone will cause this. You don't even have to close it. and on the phone, it's actually easier to just click Home and go do something else when you lose.

Guest 4416545

But why does It bother you? I dont mind wait 30 sec for my win, and above that is such a pleasure in some case to see them rage quiting, the X2 pleasure if they had emote you a "good move" in irónic way.

But why does It bother you? I dont mind wait 30 sec for my win, and above that is such a pleasure in some case to see them rage quiting, the X2 pleasure if they had emote you a "good move" in irónic way.
First of all - it's more than 30 seconds. Second - I have too little faith in humanity left to lose more of it each time this happens. I was honestly hoping that majority of players simply don't know how to forfeit. Now my knowledge has grown, and with it - my sorrow.
The only pleasure I get from the game is when I play a decent match against a decent opponent. I prefer losing an actual match than winning such a mockery of it.

Actually, for me playing on an IPhone, fumbling around to find the forfeit button is about a 15 second process — which is too long for many instances when I need to forfeit (keeping a child out of trouble, receiving an important call, etc.) It might help if the button wasn’t buried through two menu layers.

Actually, for me playing on an IPhone, fumbling around to find the forfeit button is about a 15 second process — which is too long for many instances when I need to forfeit (keeping a child out of trouble, receiving an important call, etc.) It might help if the button wasn’t buried through two menu layers.
Yes, but I never look for the Forfeit button in the menus. On an android you just press the back button (usually to the right of the "Home" button - or above it if you hold the device sideways) during the match and the forfeit window appears, where you just have to touch the "Yes" button. iPhones don't have a "Back" interface element?

Last edited:
Yes, but I never look for the Forfeit button in the menus. On an android you just press the back button (usually to the right of the "Home" button - or above it if you hold the device sideways) during the match and the forfeit window appears, where you just have to touch the "Yes" button. iPhones don't have a "Back" interface element?
I’m not aware of one — which may be a good reason for a tutorial!

I’m not aware of one — which may be a good reason for a tutorial!
And that is exactly why I've created this thread. If iPhones (and iPads) don't have the back button, that should be considered and Gwent menus should be reworked - no important function should be hidden deeper than the first menu layer. In any case, proper tutorial should not only show the basics of the game (most people DO know how to play cards on the board), but also familiarize with rounds (if I remember correctly, that was done), different game modes, discarding, basic deck building, trinkets - in short, everything game has to offer. This should be a priority "quality of life" improvement, imho.

Top Bottom