Giant Slayer:
gs.jpeg

Prism Pendant:
pp.png

Shady Vendor:
sv.png

Conjurer's Candle:
cc.png

Is anyone else underwhelmed by the cards released so far? I am happy to see low provision cards — the game needs more good cards in this range. But it only helps if the cards are actually playable. Unless I am overlooking some possible combinations, I don’t see any that will make a positive contribution to the game.

Highland Warlord — in my estimation, the best of the new cards (but I am a Skellige fan). The card might play for 9 or 10 value in ideal circumstance, and definitely helps with deathblow conditions. But it is very low tempo and it demands a sizable supporting package; thus strongly favoring red coin. Also, it is best played early in a match; thus being draw dependent. I don’t expect to appreciate the inconsistency and RNG of this card. But the potential carryover makes it worth a try.

Magic Compass — I might be biased because I don’t like the RNG and propensity to brick with the discard package. And I don’t see any point in SK hyperthin. It may be personal bias, but I will definitely pass on this one.

Giant Slayer — To be truly viable, Dwarves need more control, stronger mid-provision cards, and better tempo. This card contributes none of the above. It is too slow, the resilience is too hard to trigger and of too little value, the control is too easily countered, and timing the card to be meaningful is difficult. I do like the artwork, although I may never see it in an actual game as it appears a weak addition to a weak faction.

Prism Pendant — a six provision card that will likely take 4 turns to generate 6 points of value. No thank you!

Shady Vendor — Not a horrible card; by my calculations, it should play for roughly 8 points for 5 provisions (excluding synergies). This is acceptable, but not special. And the uncontrollable randomness of the “create” condition decreases its appeal even more. I don’t see how it will make Crime decks viable.

Conjurer’s Candle — I am all for having somewhat guaranteed spender. But this cards is too slow and messes with timing in a round. Moreover, I don’t think it is as flexible as it appears. And to get nine points of value (which I expect from a six provision card), I will need to use it 4 times, burning 10 coins. Again, I just don’t see it as a good card.

[...]
Highland Warlord — in my estimation, the best of the new cards (but I am a Skellige fan). The card might play for 9 or 10 value in ideal circumstance, and definitely helps with deathblow conditions. But it is very low tempo and it demands a sizable supporting package; thus strongly favoring red coin. Also, it is best played early in a match; thus being draw dependent. I don’t expect to appreciate the inconsistency and RNG of this card. But the potential carryover makes it worth a try.
[...]
Another important aspect is that it is another Veteran for King Bran, so that tag alone is worth 1-3 points and if you play it in Round 3 it will be at 6 power, while still powering up a War of Clans + Blood Eagle, so it is still tolerable in round 3.

[...]
Magic Compass — I might be biased because I don’t like the RNG and propensity to brick with the discard package. And I don’t see any point in SK hyperthin. It may be personal bias, but I will definitely pass on this one.
[...]
Although unreliable it is still able to generate 12 provision Golds for only 8 provisions, so the upside is there (also since it is confirmed that it will show you ALL legendary options to pick from).

[...]
Conjurer’s Candle — I am all for having somewhat guaranteed spender. But this cards is too slow and messes with timing in a round. Moreover, I don’t think it is as flexible as it appears. And to get nine points of value (which I expect from a six provision card), I will need to use it 4 times, burning 10 coins. Again, I just don’t see it as a good card.
It requires 1 coin beforehand to spend 3 times, which makes it an immediate 8 for 6, beyond that it is carryover and a spender that is not worth answering (since heatwaving it or using Shupe on it is trading down by a significant margin).
Furthermore it can protect engines and is flexible by virtue of being an artifact with resilience.
If anything I would say this is the strongest card that was revealed yesterday (not broken but very solid).

I‘m going to say them printing cards that are solid but not totally OP on first glance but will need people figure out how to fit them in sounds like exactly what I want to see.

So so far I‘m going to applaud CDPR for these cards and we’ll going to see how well they work.

To be honest I really like the fact that rather than just throwing out more and more high provision legendaries they focus on the lower end (at the very least with the first 6/21 reveals), mending the gap between low and high provisions a little bit.

Also all of these cards, except maybe Prism Pendant, appear to be very well designed (and I personally like Magic Compass for showing all options, which is something I miss from Open Beta (also since the good old Monster's Nest from Open Beta still does not exist in homecoming)).

So far, i'm not impressed, but also not disappointed. It's good that devs decided to release some low prov cards for once.

Highland Warlord - i'm not sure if "more damage" is what SK needs. i certainly don't want to see units that should survive Stuning Blow be removed by War of Clans.
Magic Compass -SK doen't need more consistency tools either, but maybe it'll be a nice alternative to the omnipresent discard package.

Giant Slayer - really cool card, love the ability, or at least i would if it didn't cost 6 prov. I'm 100% sure this card is going to get buffed to 5 prov.
Prism Pendant - i guess it's useable in some Symbiosis deck. I think it should at least spawn a 1p body.

Shady Vendor - this is going to become a staple of crime decks for sure.
Conjurer's Candle - i don't like guaranteed spenders, they take away some of theskill requirements.

[...]
Conjurer's Candle - i don't like guaranteed spenders, they take away some of theskill requirements.
To be fair Conjurer's Candle becomes more and more clunky each time it gets used and for that reason one should always have another spender available to spend all coins.
After using Candle 3 or 4 times the user will be unable to spend something like 6-8 coins using only the Candle.

The ST cards seem pretty trash at first glance, but then I'm thinking... swap Pauly out for prism pendant in my dusty Simlas+Double Armorer's Workshop dwarf deck? :D The giant slayer still seems kinda garbage though: 6p, non-proactive and clunky as hell.

Well players asked for not so broken cards and devs get their wishes.

Now we have poor and unplayable New cards, too expensive even if these cards were released One year ago
Post automatically merged:

Ok just see The New monsters card, necromancy.

That card for me its a better mamunna for less provision, i love it

Last edited:
Well players asked for not so broken cards and devs get their wishes.

Now we have poor and unplayable New cards, too expensive even if these cards were released One year ago

Ok just see The New monsters card, necromancy.

That card for me its a better mamunna for less provision, i love it

Can you share the card here?

1648997477504.png

Would be amazing if it wasn't removing skill from the easiest-to-play faction. Vyi players rejoice, you don't have to bait locks and removal anymore.

1648997712252.png

This looks fun to play, but it's probably going to be a nightmare to play against. I think it needs Counter 2.

Highland Warlord:
Think that this card will see play in veteran focused decks (maybe with the Eist combo) including some Raid cards
Evaluation: 6 out of 10

Magic Compass
Not sure about this one. Can be powerful if you really draw two cards you want to have in graveyard and one you want to play. Can be a big downside if you draw two cards you really want to play.
Playing down to < 3 cards appears to be very challenging but doable because of its Echo. Maybe SK hyperthin will be playable but I am not quite sure.
Evaluation: 5 out of 10

Giant Slayer
Honestly at 6 provision terrible. There is a high probabilty that you do not gain your resilience (round ends too early, target is destroyed by another unit (e.g. random damage, consume, self-damage). Can easily end up being a 4/5 for 6. He should be at max 5 provisions.
Evaluation 3 out of 10

Prism Pendant
You lose on turn to get a card with a limited usecase (both bleeding and vitality is low tempo). Could only imagine this card to be playable if it changes the rule of the game for all rounds after being played. So you can play it in round 1 and plan to lose round 1 for the carryover.
Evaluation 1 out of 10

Shady Vendor
Untill now my favorite. Strong support for crime deck. Basically a Dol Blatanna Sorceress for SC crimes.
Evaluation: 8 out of 10

Conjurer Cadle
A 5 for 6 plus a spender for two rounds. He can also be used to protect engines. Honestly, I would still prefer Sea Jackal for decks lacking spenders.
Evaluation: 5 out of 10

1649002250547.png

Could be pretty fun. I just hope it's not going to be as broken as in the reveal video.

1649002375271.png

Looks like all the fun they sucked out of MO went to NR. Hopefully this card will be playable.

GoldenNekker.png

Golden Nekker might get Assire Var Anahid hotfixed.

Patchnotes (only the shown Dwarf changes): DWARVES BOYS

Dwarf1.png
Dwarf2.png
Dwarf3.png
Dwarf4.png

Last edited:
Only thing that kind of worries me is that devotion is essentially dead for now. Not that we saw much devotion decks recently, but it’s not good for Monsters.

Overall this doesn’t seem good for MO (again), and buffing a seriously toxic deck like Viy is also pretty meh. I’m going to hope that Viy is still too weak to really make it meta.

The NG cards were missing:

1649057806227.png

Basically you are spending one turn to give your opponent 3 power and clog his board?

1649057835332.png

Interesting concept to lock units in hand and be able to remove their deploy potential

Last edited:
Top Bottom