Forsake Humanity

+
Forsake Humanity

You are Geralt of Rivia, the white wolf and witcher of Kaer Morhen, sworn and trained from childhood to protect humanity from the monstrous. But if come the end of the Wild Hunt you are asked the question of whether to quit this doomed and vibrant world of bickering kings and titanic empires, would you? To abandon friends and loved ones, perhaps all but your lady love herself, and leave the northern kingdoms, their allies and adversaries to the vicissitudes of fate. Let them squabble and bark over the few remaining scraps of civilisation while the white frost advances, unstoppable and inevitable.

Or would you go into the jaws of that frigid hell fighting alongside humanity, doing what you believe is right not for praise or reward, but for the simple satisfaction of adhering to your code and beliefs? Stand by dwarf, elf, gnome, halfling and man against all that is monstrous until the worlds end.

As per my understanding of Geralt, I don't think he would leave his friends to die in any scenario. He is selfish, but that selfishness includes that idea of protecting his loved ones. With that in mind, I don't think I can answer your question- Geralt will not forsake his friends and choose only his lover, but he will not stay to help just anyone for their sake.

Fair point but for one who has chosen the scoiatael path throughout the games, they might hold that there is no hope left in the race of man, and there are other worlds where a witcher might make a difference.

Well when i played with Roche and saw that Geralt was actually willing to help that Henselt son of a bitch just so he could maybe find Triss and Letho, i really got the impression that he would just screw on almost the whole world to protect his friends and loved ones if he had too.

On the other hand when triss asks if Geralt would just leave everything and go with her, the player can choose.

From what i think about his personality in the books and somewhat in the game i think he would forsake humanity in general

Personally I liked old Henselt, but I never worked for him, just undertook my usual witchers work and investigated the prophecy and curse that benighted Lormark/Upper Aedirn. My Geralt would have done the same in passing, no matter who was involved in the situation, that's his purpose.

Henselt gets a bad rap. Outside of the whole Ves thing (which we can't 100% confirm whether it was rape) he didn't do anything terrible. He was no worse than any other king.

AnthonyF1227 said:
Henselt gets a bad rap. Outside of the whole Ves thing (which we can't 100% confirm whether it was rape) he didn't do anything terrible. He was no worse than any other king.
Except for backstabbing the North by colluding with Nilfgaard in the past, of course.

You pose Geralt's dilemma exquisitely. I think he showed where he stood at Rivia, doing what was both right and hopeless at the cost of his life.

I wonder if that is not the dilemma he will face, however; it may be that he will not have to take a stand with his friends but to forsake them in order for them to survive -- as he did in the flashback when he gave himself over to the Wild Hunt so that Yennefer would live.

Or will it be Triss or Yennefer or Ciri who is confronted with the decision to sacrifice herself so that Geralt would carry on?

(I doubt the Wild Hunt would have much use for Zoltan's beer-soaked carcass, even if he is strong as a bull's bollocks.)

My Geralt would not forsake humanity or any other group capable - at least in theory - of decency (even if lots of people, regardless of race,often behave like a-holes ). And he would especially not forsake his friends. All life dies eventually, and if you must go down, its better to go down swinging for something you believe in or love.

Top Bottom