Forum 3.0 - your suggestions

+
This forum is down right broken. It looks nice but i cant think of another good thing to say about it.For me i have to click options and then reply as if i try and click on the reply buttons with the yellow arrows nothing happens. Its so slow and over animated, got lots of wasted space at the top and in general meaning you always have to scroll down loads and then to actually read someones point you have to click again on "read more".I used to visit the witcher forums most days to check up on peoples thoughts and news on the sequel etc now i barely come once a month.Shame and i hope you'll make it functional rather than focusing on it being pretty!

apocreg said:
This forum is down right broken. It looks nice but i cant think of another good thing to say about it.For me i have to click options and then reply as if i try and click on the reply buttons with the yellow arrows nothing happens. Its so slow and over animated, got lots of wasted space at the top and in general meaning you always have to scroll down loads and then to actually read someones point you have to click again on "read more".I used to visit the witcher forums most days to check up on peoples thoughts and news on the sequel etc now i barely come once a month.Shame and i hope you'll make it functional rather than focusing on it being pretty!
I agree. This site needs to be reorganized so that access is simple. An individual place for mods is also sadly lacking. Once a better toolset is created (HOPE) people should be able to upload and download from one place instead of seraching site after site for mods that usually end up with bad links. Look at Bioware's site or Nexus. Easy to use without fuss or guesswork. Granted CD Projeckt Red doesn't have the same resources as other big RPG makers, but they have shown what can be done when creative minds come together. Let's hope that continues by allowing your community a better site that works.

None of the options for Quote, Report to moderator or Reply are working for me at my work. From home the above options work.I have administrator privileges at work as I am in charge of all the servers but most functions are not working on your forums.I had no problems with any functionality on the old forums so I think there is something seriously wrong with your settings and how they interact with other firewalls.The only way I can reply from work is by selecting options and then reply from options.

Daerdin said:
mothra, I forwarded your problem to the web guys.EDIT:I was told, that getting rid of the browser's cookies might do the trick. If it doesn't, please let me know.
yes, thank you, that worked. I clicked on site info in the firefox awesomebar, selected cookies and "delete all".afterwards I logged in again and now the gamepage and forum both remember me being logged in.another thing which could be done to improve navigation:everytime I hit SEND on a reply to a topic I get sent back to the forum subpage, not to the thread I actually posted in. I always like to stay in threads I post in if replies come in, could this be done or maybe thought of as a option ?redirect to threadredirect to forum pagecheers

mothra said:
another thing which could be done to improve navigation:everytime I hit SEND on a reply to a topic I get sent back to the forum subpage, not to the thread I actually posted in. I always like to stay in threads I post in if replies come in, could this be done or maybe thought of as a option ?redirect to threadredirect to forum page
Just below the window for posting you have
Notify me of replies. Return to this topic.
Tick the last one, and it's done ;)

That's right, Misterthx, thanks.BTWDid you notice that we have pictures in the posts back?
In the form of clickable miniatures but still :D

Misterthx said:
Misterthx said:
another thing which could be done to improve navigation:everytime I hit SEND on a reply to a topic I get sent back to the forum subpage, not to the thread I actually posted in. I always like to stay in threads I post in if replies come in, could this be done or maybe thought of as a option ?redirect to threadredirect to forum page
Just below the window for posting you have
Notify me of replies. Return to this topic.
Tick the last one, and it's done ;)
found it, thanks. now all it needs to do is remember that choice :) then I'm happy. .

mothra said:
mothra said:
mothra, I forwarded your problem to the web guys.EDIT:I was told, that getting rid of the browser's cookies might do the trick. If it doesn't, please let me know.
yes, thank you, that worked. I clicked on site info in the firefox awesomebar, selected cookies and "delete all".afterwards I logged in again and now the gamepage and forum both remember me being logged in.
i have to take that back. I have the same problem again. the site says I'm not logged in although I'm logged into the forum and won't let me rate any pictures. deleting cookies and relooging in works until I try to rate the next picture. then it's broken again....

mothra said:
i have to take that back. I have the same problem again. the site says I'm not logged in although I'm logged into the forum and won't let me rate any pictures. deleting cookies and relooging in works until I try to rate the next picture. then it's broken again....
Forwarded once again, then...And BTW, once you tick 'Return to this topic' it should stay that way for good.

I've just finished a meeting with three Bitter Lix (site-dev) gentlemens. We've approved following changes to be applied in the next few days.- Sticky Topics has yellow cloud (and are marked in bottom info-part)- New topics star will be yellow.- Fancy cloud will inform, that we've received new PM.- All links will have 'open-in-a-new-tab' option (MMB click).- RED glow will only appear on topics which has RED message in RECENT UNREAD POSTS.- POSTS & TOPICS part of roll-over info tab - align fixed.- GALLERY sorting fixed.- We delete ALL section of the GALLERY.- SCREENSHOTS are loaded by default in GALLERY.- Dots showing pages in GALLERY will be clickable.- Pictures thumbnails.- Sticky important posts in topics.- User-interaction part will not be expanded by rollover, but by click on the avatar.Cheers!

nice updates. thanks, does that mean you intend to keep the "READ MORE" functionality or will you at least show the first few lines of ACTUAL posts, not the quotes and cut it off ?

Alek said:
I've just finished a meeting with three Bitter Lix (site-dev) gentlemens. We've approved following changes to be applied in the next few days.- Sticky Topics has yellow cloud (and are marked in bottom info-part)- New topics star will be yellow.- Fancy cloud will inform, that we've received new PM.- All links will have 'open-in-a-new-tab' option (MMB click).- RED glow will only appear on topics which has RED message in RECENT UNREAD POSTS.- POSTS & TOPICS part of roll-over info tab - align fixed.- GALLERY sorting fixed.- We delete ALL section of the GALLERY.- SCREENSHOTS are loaded by default in GALLERY.- Dots showing pages in GALLERY will be clickable.- Pictures thumbnails.- Sticky important posts in topics.- User-interaction part will not be expanded by rollover, but by click on the avatar.Cheers!
Is it possibile to have back both signs and emoticons please?

mothra said:
nice updates. thanks, does that mean you intend to keep the "READ MORE" functionality or will you at least show the first few lines of ACTUAL posts, not the quotes and cut it off ?
We'll defiinitely consider removing READ MORE feature, or at least, applying some modyfications in this field.
mothra said:
mothra said:
Which signs do you mean? We've decided not to apply emoticons in this forum - it'd destroy all layout, and the board wold be much less clear/readable.Cheers!

Alek said:
We've decided not to apply emoticons in this forum - it'd destroy all layout, and the board wold be much less clear/readable.
Sure? Sure. And much more serious. >> I suggest smilies in corporate design: black icon on grey background
Vivat IMG-function!, THX community & devs!

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
Which signs do you mean? We've decided not to apply emoticons in this forum - it'd destroy all layout, and the board wold be much less clear/readable.
I mean user's sign automatically insert when you write a post. Boxes with images and banners like the KFC's.@DDoveLOL :DSo we'll find our own way to have fun with them

You mean Signatures? Already is possible, not sure if you can put images in them though. Under avatar settings...
Signature: Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Alek said:
Is it possibile to have back both signs and emoticons please?Which signs do you mean? We've decided not to apply emoticons in this forum - it'd destroy all layout, and the board wold be much less clear/readable.Cheers!
Excuse me, but THAT is the lamest and most stupid answer or excuse I´ve heard of in a very long time!The layout is already broken by those damned "readmore" buttons (and some other features). And emoticons are a way to show in which mood a text was written - ANGRY (as is mine!), with a winking eye or ironic or whatever. Why do you think these little pics make the text unreadable? This forum consists of a lot of text and some pics and not always it is clear whether the author was ironic or meant it dearly. Emoticons help. So let them return! And the pictures which were used in all the signatures as well. I guess that´s what secondchildren wanted, too.And remove that stupid mouseover everywhere just as the "readmore" button. It is NOT helpful at all.What do you need a new forum for if anyone who happened to come across it leaves ASAP simply because there´s no way to find out where that someone wants/has to go?I already limit my visits here to only the German tavern and soon not even there. @all Visitors there: NOT because of you, really! I like it there but going to the tavern is a very hard and long way and nothing seems to be changing for the better. That makes me angry and sad. But I guess, you are way above my anger as you are above anyone else´s suggestions and wishes. Its only your word that counts, so much for: "We include all fans in the decisions". you just ask pro forma, but our answers are not really taken into account.Sad...I can but hope there might come a time when you find you might have listened better. Be glad when it´s then not too late.PS I hope you found that text readable.. No pics. No smileys. Only letters.

Top Bottom