Forum 3.0 - your suggestions

+
I quote Game widow in any single lines and maybe any other users here said the same.-Want back the "show new post" and "show your reply to your own posts"-No "read more button"-Emoticons back plz :D

- Give us an option to switch between the old and new forum. :)- I love smileys. Let us have MORE than the old forum. ;)

Forum veteran
secondchildren said:
-Waqnt back the "show new post" and "show your reply to your own posts"
Actually, links and code haven't changed. Since I saved my pages as Favorites, I can quickly go to Updated Topics where they were previously.The link is still: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?action=unreadrepliesSo I guess functionality is still here, just not shown yet or simply not visible. If the latter be the case, then designers know what to fix.

A few suggestions for the main web pages.After going to main page at this address http://www.thewitcher.com/#news/item_5406231 i login and then it takes me to this address http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.phpAt the bar on the bottom right there is a Main Page and a Forum selection, if i click on forum it loads the same page so this obviously is not correct, it should either take you to the TW1 and TW2 index or should be changed from “FORUM” to the “TW1” to take you the witcher 1 pages.From the witcher 1 page at this address http://tw1.thewitcher.com/#news/item_5406226At the bottom bar on the right there is a Main Page and Witcher 1 selection, if i click on Witcher 1 it takes me to the same page so this should be changed to “Wicher 2” to take us to TW2 pages.Some of the changes made are making navigating better but it’s still confusing.Edit: Please move the bar at the bottom to the left or right of the web page.Edit 2: A better way is to add one more link at the bottom bar for TW1 and TW2 so they are available at all times.

56236 said:
56236 said:
-Waqnt back the "show new post" and "show your reply to your own posts"
Actually, links and code haven't changed. Since I saved my pages as Favorites, I can quickly go to Updated Topics where they were previously.The link is still: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?action=unreadrepliesSo I guess functionality is still here, just not shown yet or simply not visible. If the latter be the case, then designers know what to fix.
Thanks Sweney.Also I've faved my threads but I find more comfortable the old functions.Anyway, how can you see brand new discussions and posts?

Forum veteran
secondchildren said:
Also I've faved my threads but I find more comfortable the old functions.Anyway, how can you see brand new discussions and posts?
Luckily, I "faved" my most used functions. Updated Topics and Recent Unread Topics being some.(If that's what you meant...)For suggestions, these and the other filtering functions deserve special attention.A minor detail also: Why is it "Send" and not "Post" or "Reply"? I find it inappropriate. Just my opinion.Another minor detail: On the side profile pic hover... What's "Send PW" stand for? Don't you mean PM?

I would like to see whole page instead of post by post view or an option for both . I like the read more .

IllusiveSpatula said:
My humble suggestion: old forum format, new pretty pictures of Geralt at the top. That is all.
Exactly. I just can't find anything, can't read anything with the new forum design. 90% of the posts exceed the "read more" limit, why the hell do we need such an option! This is a forum, not a social network or something like that.And the forum is in th middle of the page, why do we need blank black space? Just make it like it was before! I've been trying to read it for five minutes and now i have a headache!!!

Daerdin said:
Hi there.First of all thank you for you comments on the new page and forum in this topic. But I would like you to put here your as precise as possible suggestions so we can have them in one place. Please don't comment on them, do not ask us questions. Just give us your suggestions regarding what you would like to change. All the comments should go here -> http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28598.0Oh, and btw, please let us know what you think in the poll
With this new installation it appears that you have gone downhill, making even navigation a nightmare of epic proportions. Sure it makes for pretty fancy eye candy but it’s far less than practical.You have effectively thrown the baby out with the bath water! Wouldn’t it have been better to make a separate forum just for The Witcher 2, which used the previous or same database yet allowed different forums for each version of the game?It seems reasonable to me that many will want to play the original even after the sequel comes out if only too fill in the blanks (or are there that many differences).I’m not that well versed with “SMF” forums back side but am certain it could be done rather easily along with making a lighter easier to read theme for those who are not so fond of small and dark.Occasional users like me can do without having to relearn how to use the forum, and having to click and expand or collapse every post with more than 3 lines is a real pain. And contrary to popular belief not every one wants or uses “tweeter”.Like I said its pretty, but I don’t see myself using it much, in fact in its current form I will be avoiding it.

• answer bar should be in the bottom of page• quick bb-tags icons sucks. Need to be redesigned and moved to the top the line between post name of post and text bar• please, let users see all language parts of forum at the same time. Let's language switching will only change the interface language like it was before update.• main page interface of forum needs to be completely redesigned. All elements are extremely big.

my (not already mentioned) suggestions:1.: please don´t fake links with JavaScript (main-menu, breadcrumb in forum), there are people how want to be able to open all links in new tabs2.: why there is only the date and no time (hours:minutes) to see when a post was created?3.: if you use a lot of JavaScript (over 300KB) you should compress the big files (it also saves you traffic)

Pretty pictures, but everything else sucks. Bad. If I have to click 'Read more' for every single reply, you can be sure I won't be reading very much here.

Thank you all for your feedback. I'd like to tell you that, at the moment, we are working on fixing the bugs that unfortunately infested the new forum. Later on, we will try to implement some of your suggestions which you can still propose in here. Thank you once again.

*no ADVANCED SEARCH options?*search does not work in the Tech area, says
Search Results: "movie"No valid boards were selected!
*pressing the REPLY button does not work all the time i have to reload the page*the posts don't have the TIME shown

56236 said:
Actually, links and code haven't changed. [...] So I guess functionality is still here, just not shown yet or simply not visible.
*cough* BBCodes *cough*
56236 said:
1.: please don´t fake links with JavaScript (main-menu, breadcrumb in forum), there are people how want to be able to open all links in new tabs
Haven't noticed those but if there are more, yes, change that!

- Use black font on grey background instead. It's killing my eyes right now.- Make loading faster: Currently even typing is slow, loading is unbearable. It used to be much faster. Those two are vital for my comebacks to visit this page. If the unpleasant eyestraining colors and slow loading persist I'm afraid that despite my love for the Witcher series ...

I'm usually one of CDPR's biggest supporters, but I'm afraid I think the new forum layout is horrible.The white text on a black background hurts my eyes, to the point that I'm using "Readability" to change it to something that doesn't make my eyes bleed. But "Readability" wants to be invoked post-by-post, which is too cumbersome and annoying for reading more than a handful of posts.It's hard to tell when something new has been posted, so it's harder to answer questions and help people.The teeny tiny box makes it hard to keep track of what one has said, which makes it harder to say something intelligible.It's hard to find anything; everything seems to be nested inside of something else.The "read more" is annoying. If anyone quotes something and then responds to it, all one gets is the quote until clicking "read more," which isn't enough to tell us if we DO want to read more. So it isn't saving any time or space, just making us click a lot.What happened to the smilies? They were cute punctuation. Lots of times a :beer: managed to defuse the tension when people were arguing; I can understand wanting a smaller set of smilies, but not losing them completely.The "feel" of the forum is now closed-in and cut off. I feel like I'm reading and posting in a vacuum.The look and feel of the forum don't encourage people to stick around and talk about Geralt or gameplay or which choices we've made or whatever. I want to say what I have to say and get out, not hang out and see what's going on. Is that the kind of forum you want? Is that the atmosphere you're trying to create?And it's not just the forum; the PM window is just as tiny as the forum post window, which makes it hard to write meaningful PM's to people.Plus, some of the old links are broken. I tried to refer somebody to the system requirements page for The Witcher the other day, and it was gone.The pictures at the top are nice. Could you keep them and go back to the old forum otherwise?
56236 said:
Luckily, I "faved" my most used functions. Updated Topics and Recent Unread Topics being some.
Bless your little piggy heart! Thank you!

If you wonder why no body is posting in the new forum, here is the answer- because it has terrible, user-unfriendly and broken design. There is no point in trying to fix it, just start from scratch. Everything about the new forum is broken.

Edk said:
If you wonder why no body is posting in the new forum, here is the answer- because it has terrible, user-unfriendly and broken design. There is no point in trying to fix it, just start from scratch. Everything about the new forum is broken.
Come on, don't be so negative. Give them some time, they'll fix it. If they listen to the suggestions on this thread, this will change a lot and make things better for us.

Top Bottom