Forum 3.0 - your suggestions

+
Corylea, the links to particular posts is on the top of the to-do things :)As you may have noticed, there are already some changes introduced to the forum. Believe it or not, we ARE reading your suggestions and we do all we can to make the forum as pleasant to be at as possible. Thanks for your support and patience.

Daerdin said:
Corylea, the links to particular posts is on the top of the to-do things :)As you may have noticed, there are already some changes introduced to the forum. Believe it or not, we ARE reading your suggestions and we do all we can to make the forum as pleasant to be at as possible. Thanks for your support and patience.
Thanks, hon. I appreciate it that you guys are listening!

Daerdin said:
Corylea, the links to particular posts is on the top of the to-do things :)
Do you plan to reactivate BBCodes? AFAIK this would be one of the easiest and fastest things to fix in this kind of board. Please don't let me down on this one :/

Can we have a date for started by please?We have a user name and date for Latest but only user name for Started by.I had been trying to reply to this thread for 10 minutes now and was about to give up when I clicked on options and then on reply from the options.

I am also very confused with the General Discussion and General Discussion (no spoilers) pages, both show up on The Witcher 2 pages but you can access General Discussion (no spoilers) group only from The Witcher (PC) – International Forum.Please make it more clear.Sorry for the double post but when i click on modify nothing happens.

It's terrible!!Everything is so big, so slow. aaaaaaaah. Barely managed to make this post :(Please bring back the old...

Demut said:
Do you plan to reactivate BBCodes? AFAIK this would be one of the easiest and fastest things to fix in this kind of board. Please don't let me down on this one :/
Which BBCodes are you talking about, coz [ b ] [ / b] and similar, are working well.
Demut said:
That's not the same as having the link-to-a-particular-post feature still working, though!
Fully functional now.

Hamenaglar said:
Please bring back the old...
Can I ask why the forum was changed so radically to begin with? I know that you want to announce TW2, but new pictures or a change of colors -- with the new TW2 sections at the top -- would have done that. What make you guys decide to redo the entire thing from the ground up?There's this saying we have in English -- I imagine you have something similar in Polish, because wisdom is cross-cultural: If it isn't broken, don't fix it.The forum wasn't broken. Why the total revamp instead of just a facelift?
Hamenaglar said:
Hamenaglar said:
That's not the same as having the link-to-a-particular-post feature still working, though!
Fully functional now.
Yay! Thank you. I've just used it, too, to help someone who was confused about Patch 1.5.

Demut said:
Demut said:
Which BBCodes are you talking about, coz [ b ] [ / b] and similar, are working well.
How about [colo r][/colo r]? Or [siz e][/siz e]?
or [ list ] or [ code ] or [ img ] ...?Some working still, allthough they are not to be seen in the "javascript choice box". With [ img ] it is not satisfying when you get "show image" to click on and load the pic in a new tab/window :rolleyes: In the preview you see the pic and not a link - and this should be the same in the post itself, too.Next: Search. You can search, you get hits - but how you can go to the post the hit belongs to? I can't find any link (only to the first or last entry, see att.)...

What is with the Awards Icon linking to profiles? I think it's pretty, but pretty redundant too.It's like the forum is trying to hide everything from the users.What's the point of Karma badges and honors if you can't show them off?You can barely tell who's a Moderator or Red member anymore. Though symbols compensate.I suggest:- Remove the Awards icon to reveal or badges, but maybe change the badges looks instead so to fit with the new forum style?? It would be an improvement I think.- Also, special section on forum to show when you have a new message. I barely noticed I had some with the current layout on the bottom. Just an idea.Thanks for making some improvements, but please stop conceiling certain parts...The forum should boast its members' stats and its links, not hide them. Thanks.

56236 said:
- Also, special section on forum to show when you have a new message. I barely noticed I had some with the current layout on the bottom. Just an idea.
We are working on that.

New suggestion: How about a "go top" button in every post and at the end of the page? Very useful ;)btw: I still can't understand why we need to reinvent the wheel...?

Could you alter the automatic censor so that we can name the monster that Geralt fights with Siegfried at the beginning of Chapter 2 or name Geralt's English voice actor without having those words replaced by asterisks?Geralt and Siegfried fought a cockatrice.In the English version of The Witcher, Geralt was played by Doug Cockle.See?Oh, sure, we can say "kockatrice" or "C o c k l e," but it's rather stupid that we have to.

Corylea said:
Could you alter the automatic censor so that we can name the monster that Geralt fights with Siegfried at the beginning of Chapter 2 or name Geralt's English voice actor without having those words replaced by asterisks?Geralt and Siegfried fought a ******.In the English version of The Witcher, Geralt was played by Doug ******.See?Oh, sure, we can say "kockatrice" or "C o c k l e," but it's rather stupid that we have to.
Why not turn of the censor? I never witnessed people cursing each other on this forum since the decent community we have.

I use curse words from time to time but apart from a mod's there haven't been any complaints yet :x Besides, WE ALL ARE ADULTS, right? Otherwise we wouldn't even be allowed to be here *COUGH*lookattheboardterms*COUGH*! So don't be so bitchy and let us write cock and stuff :3 I mean I can bypass it but the others ...

e-ahmet said:
Why not turn of the censor? I never witnessed people cursing each other on this forum since the decent community we have.
I think the censor is fine as is, the nearer we get to release date the more heated the posts will get.

Demut said:
I use curse words from time to time but apart from a mod's there haven't been any complaints yet :x Besides, WE ALL ARE ADULTS, right? Otherwise we wouldn't even be allowed to be here *COUGH*lookattheboardterms*COUGH*! So don't be so bitchy and let us write cock and stuff :3 I mean I can bypass it but the others ...
So true but I don't approve random using of those words.

Top Bottom