Forum - bugs and errors

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
For forums to work properly you need to accept third party cookies.

They always were. I hadn't touched any settings and never had any problems till recently. Apart from firefox asking for my age, that one started a while ago. But never was getting logged out, or not be able to log in.
But it seems better now, so I don't know.

Since about two weeks ago, I cannot post on my tablet (Android, FF) anymore, since the submit button doesn't do anything. Does anyone else have this problem or had it? It worked before and I haven changed any settings. (At the same time I couldn't post on my Win7, FF cause the textbox in the frame wouldn't be displayed, but that fixed itself after three days, without changing anything.) Also I was curious. The layout of the page is different on my tablet, does the forum switch to a mobile version implicitly? Sadly it doesn't have the same branding there.

Can I switch on tablet somehow? Since the page ist not m.forums... or something like that but switched implicitly, can I force it somehow to use the desktop version?

I didn't see a better place for this, I hope this is ok. For a few weeks I've been trying to sign up for the forums. I'd fill in the info but the page would just reload blank. At some point I was redirected to the gog sign up page and I was finally able to sign up. But when I tried to log in on the witcher forums I couldn't. I checked and rechecked my confirmation email but there was nothing helpful there. I just today thought to try using chrome instead of my normal firefox to log in and I was able to do it. I'm not having any other troubles on firefox with logging in to other forums, I'm really not sure what is going on. I'd like to be able to use firefox. Is this a known issue? Someone I can contact about it? Anything?

Thanks.

Search forum problem?

Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems with "search forum" tool?

If I try to find something posted earlier, search gives me many (or none) choices which doesn't necessarily include any words I wrote. Aka the KEY words. Then I make a new thread and moderators transfer it under some other thread, that WAS there already, but I couldn't find it. Am I missing something here? While reading this forum, there are many people saying that they couldn't find earlier thread, even if it already existed. This forum is otherwise great, nice and easy to use and other functions are working just fine, but this searching is kinda weird.

And if I use that search function and get 0 results, why can't I return to that earlier page with my browser button?

@Eri94: Opening the forum with https isn't working properly. Here is what's going on:

forums.cdprojektred.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.thewitcher.com, thewitcher.com

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Why this forum keeps throwing me out? I can read several threads without any problems, but suddenly I'm not logged in anymore. Specially annoying when I try to post something and write quite long post and after I send it, this says I'm not logged in and that message disappears. :rant:And sometimes it happens that when I log myself in, I'm still logged out.

I have also seen this happen randomly, sometimes minutes after logging in. Copying a long message to the clipboard before attempting to post it seems to be a good idea. :)

Why am I being logged off every 30 seconds?

No idea where to post this. Posted here to be noticed fast, hopefully. Please move it to whichever section if more appropriate but please answer me:
Why am I being disconnected from the forums every 30 seconds and have to log in again? My cookies settings are all right!
Is it just me? Is it a Forum problem?
=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom